the_pm : The KING of peanut brittle

I'm actually having trouble writing this post, as I find my left hand continually breaking away for for another piece in the bag of peanut brittle.

Paul (the_pm) and I have been friends for a few years. Recently, he told me of his passion (and quest) for making the best peanut brittle...ever. A few conversations later, he offered to make a few batches and send them to me. Cool!!

I just received delivery today.

WOW!!! Without exaggeration, I cannot stop eating it. It is sooooooo delicious. He sent me a "mild" batch and a "medium heat" batch. They are equally extraordinary.

(Me thinks we have stumbled on the next US based snack food guru...)

On a cautious note, I will ask my neighbors to please check in on me tomorrow morning. I've never heard of a peanut brittle overdose, but if it exists, it is surely to be ugly as hell, and I will no doubt need the paddles to resuscitate me.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Ha! The heat doesn't quite hit you straight away, does it? Paul literally had me choking on that stuff in the middle of a hot sauce store in Ohio. I ate.. and ate.. and ate, and didn't feel any heat. Then a few seconds later the whole batch punched the back of my throat with the fire of a dragon.

Lovely! Yup, Paul's grilled pizza's and peanut brittle are the best!

Where is mine at Paul?

G*damn it's getting hot in my mouth!!

I can't stop the heat from permeating. It's insidious. It doesn't seem like much at all, so I chomp down confidently, and then....oops...

I'm on my third glass of milk now (I'm told this is the secret to relief from the heat)

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I told you! You eat, eat, eat and eat and nothing happens. You let your guard down and then BAM! It explodes!

Quote Originally Posted by Vito
    I'm actually having trouble writing this post, as I find my left hand continually breaking away for for another piece in the bag of peanut brittle.
    Vito, I was going to ask you if it arrived yet (they told me it could be up to a week), butI guess you answered that question

Yeah, for anyone who didn't catch it, I have a special recipe for spicy-hot brittle. I developed it myself through a number of trials and errors. It's become my favorite confection to make and eat

I take it that was the right amount of heat for you?

BTW, flavored brittle sells for ~$8 per 1/4 pound in specialty stores. Vito, you received roughly 2 pounds - $64 of product if I was ripping people off like some retailers will for this stuff! Wanna go into business?

Quote Originally Posted by Equentity-Jamie
    Paul literally had me choking on that stuff in the middle of a hot sauce store in Ohio.
    Jamie, I've made all sorts of new discoveries since the last time you were in town. We're going to have a whole lot of fun at Heather's Heat this time around

I'll send you home with a few bags of brittle too. I'll make one crippling hot, for your brother. Hmm...I'll bet a curry-brittle would be just lovely! I've been meaning to get some more of that Jackaloon Curry Sauce we picked up last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_M
    Where is mine at Paul?
    It's done in small batches over the stove. If you want some, all you gotta do is ask

The secret is to use a really high-grade real vanilla bean in every batch (no extract allowed), and the purest spices you can find if you're going the hot route (I've been favoring powdered Bih Jolokia recently, though Satan's Blood works reasonably well, if you can avoid the fumes while you cook it).
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Hot dang. What I received is worth 64 bucks??

Heck, I'm game. Let's set up a retail site.

(Hmm. For you web hosts, I wonder if a free 1/4 pound of brittle with every "Enterprise" hosting plan would increase sales?)

Vito

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    I'm on my third glass of milk now (I'm told this is the secret to relief from the heat)

Vito
    Try eating a bread product like crackers or sopapilla. That is a southwest secret to living with Mexican foods. The bread product helps remove the oils of the tongue better than liquids.

I'll try that next time, Odd Fact, thanks. For now, the milk has seemed to do the trick.

Honestly, the "medium" heat level I selected was barely midway in Paul's list of heat factor levels. I cannot imagine what the "Illegal" level feels like (that's the hottest one). Paul, I suspect you could probably sell it to the US Govt to use when torturing spies when trying to extract information from them.

Vito