Thread: My vps is down.

My vps is down.

I have a vps with xen,debian,512M Ram,50G and run a bbs about 1.5G mysql data and 10G attachment.
    Because I begin to move the bbs to this vps,there is only a few(less than 30)people online.
    But there are many times for mysql is down at first,ahd then the vps is down(ip can ping).The most headche is it can't ssh.only reboot by vps seller.
    Who can tell me what I can do?

I think that first of all you have to contact support of your web hosting company and ask them to clarify all things about that issue. And then make further decision.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

It sounds like your VPS just can't handle the amount of users. I would suggest first contacting your host.

Hello,

Can I ask who you are hosting your VPS with?

Kind regards,
    Mark G.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

How often is it going down? Does the hosting company offer and kind of SLA for your downtime (providing its nothing you are doing)?

Maybe start documenting the downtimes and take your case to them. If they can't change things or won't make it right. Simply move to a new host.
    DBI Hosting Reliable Web Hosting
    VPS Hosting / cPanel VPS Hosting
    Linux, Windows & BSD
    Backups, Custom Control Panel, 24/7 Support

Sounds to me like you're hitting your peak limits / resources. I would suggest upgrading to a higher VPS (more CPU / more RAM).

If you run TOP it should show you what the highest usages are -- you could also just monitor the vps during the busiest times of the day. That would give you a good idea of what is really causing the problems..

Sorry,I did not notice this topic.thank you everybody.
    my vps seller has good reputation in there.
    I have another two vps from the same seller. But most online is 6 peoples.The are both running normal.
    The last vps is help buy for my friend.His websites is big than mine.But no more than 100 peoples online in these days.
    We spend more than 5 days to transfer 10G attenchment and 1.5 G mysql data from china.
    We begin to open the bbs 4 days.but most times is down.
    this vps first paid for three months.4M unmetre,not clear to limits / resources
    now,my friends have to transfer back to china.
    only in a web hosting,it is running good in this whole day.
    Last edited by asyouwish; 01-11-2008 at 07:18 AM.