WebHostingStuff big uptime errors!!

Hello.
    Im owner of this SinxHost.
    And a month ago i added my webhost to the webhostingstuff list.

webhostingstuff.com/uptime/SinxHost.html

And then i saw in december that his tracker says that we had 6 outages and 182 mins down in december, then i thought that maybe the reason was that we changed of domain, and that could cause some problems with the tracker, and in this month we already have 1 outages and 7 mins down that i dont find a cause.
    So in overall uptime i have "99.51%"
    And im sure this info is not correct.
    We had another uptime tracker, and being Host-Tracker.com i believe more in this one.

host-tracker.com/website-uptime-statistics/663686/lvuc/

or

sinxhosting.com/uptime.html

We have 100% uptime.And im not sure, but i think that we added this trackers in same week, i cannot guarantee that the same day, but i did it the same week, im almost sure of that.
    I already contacted the support staff, but they dont answer my emails.
    So what can i do?

there site has been down over a week. i emailed them also with no reply. not sure what is going on. i was gonna make a post about them. you beat me to it.

Neither of the sources are reliable. Heck, for over a year hosttracker had one of our servers pegged at 101% uptime. Now that's some marketing material.

Simon

How frequently do either service check ?
    What excatly are they checking for ?
    What safeguards/auto-correct options are in place for when *their* connectivity suppliers have issues ?
    Are they checking from one or multiple locations ?

Simply put, most of these "services" are worse than useless as the figures cannot be believed and the methodologies are flawed.

So, that said, are you looking for something to tell you when your server is down ? services are failing ? server is not availabile to certain locations ? just a little 100% "badge" for your website ...
    i.e. what do you need the server monitoring to accomplish for you ?
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Lets say if these services are worst then which one is better?

Basically we keep such stuff on our site so our clients can see it! I've webhostingstuff on my site and as of now it has shown all correct details.

Any other suggestions?
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

We currently use WHS as well and we've used it previously on other hosting websites and we've never had any real issues with the service.

The reports have always been accurate to my knowledge. We have it setup to where we're alerted via SMS, AIM/MSN and E-Mail in the event of any downtime. We then compare than to what WHS has reported and make note. So far, in the time we've used them (now and previously), it's be accurate.

Yeah so far even I've had good experience and not faced any issue!
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

actually cannot trust on those stats. seems it sime kind of marketing now.

Quote Originally Posted by depache View Post
    actually cannot trust on those stats. seems it sime kind of marketing now.
    It is some marketing gimmick, and to make matters worse they actually allow you to reset your uptime (every so often) so that it appears you have 100% uptime...
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
    It is some marketing gimmick, and to make matters worse they actually allow you to reset your uptime (every so often) so that it appears you have 100% uptime...
    They do not do this any more. This was fixed a few months ago!!

You can reset it, as you can with most uptime services, but this also resets how far back it goes. If you reset it last week, all data for previous months will be erased. Anything to the contrary is a rumor.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by adult100mbps View Post
    there site has been down over a week. i emailed them also with no reply. not sure what is going on. i was gonna make a post about them. you beat me to it.
    I'm pretty sure their site hasn't been down. I check it a few times a day and it hasn't been down at all for me.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

Edit: Post above clarified information.

Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    Hello.
    Im owner of this SinxHost.
    And a month ago i added my webhost to the webhostingstuff list.

webhostingstuff.com/uptime/SinxHost.html

And then i saw in december that his tracker says that we had 6 outages and 182 mins down in december, then i thought that maybe the reason was that we changed of domain, and that could cause some problems with the tracker, and in this month we already have 1 outages and 7 mins down that i dont find a cause.
    So in overall uptime i have "99.51%"
    And im sure this info is not correct.
    We had another uptime tracker, and being Host-Tracker.com i believe more in this one.

host-tracker.com/website-uptime-statistics/663686/lvuc/

or

sinxhosting.com/uptime.html

We have 100% uptime.And im not sure, but i think that we added this trackers in same week, i cannot guarantee that the same day, but i did it the same week, im almost sure of that.
    I already contacted the support staff, but they dont answer my emails.
    So what can i do?
    Every uptime monitor is prone to errors due to circumstances beyond their control. WHS is a free service for hosts, so you can't expect them to provide around-the-clock support. They used to have an automated method for dealing with errors, but a lot of dishonest hosts abused it in an effort to inflate their uptime figures, so now, if there is an error, they have to look into it manually.

I have never had any problems or noticed any inaccuracies with their reporting, so I've never needed an adjustment, but based on their response times for other types of inquiries, give them a couple weeks to answer. Again, its a FREE service, and they are going above and beyond what other uptime monitoring services do by personally looking into each situation where someone claims an inaccuracy. This makes WHS one of the most accurate and reliable uptime monitoring services out there, overall.

In the end, if you don't like their service, then don't use it. There are plenty of other options.
    eVerity.com

I have been using siteuptime.com and their service has been good.