Thread: Our new site!

Talking Our new site!

We just launched our new site, and some feedback would be nice!

http://superbytes.net/

mmmm...cookies!
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

Im hungry now

Sorry to say but it's Unusable for me in IE7 at 1280x1024. I hover over items on the top navigation bar and the dropdown is about an inch to the right of it, and there is no way I can select the items. I know a lot of people are against IE but then against most people use it, so its important it works properly.

Quite a major problem you got there mate.

very nicely designed..

nice site, I found a broken link:

https://superbytes.net/panel/OTHERSUPPORTLINK

When I click, Support center/Alternative Support Methods

Yes, I know about the broken link, I need to add the page. I've also fixed the IE issue as much as is possible (IE sucks). More reviews people!

Is it just me or the fonts are HUGE.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

Quote Originally Posted by eclouds View Post
    Is it just me or the fonts are HUGE.
    The fonts are huge for me as well. However, the website has a nice design. I would just reduce the font size.

Huge, what browser and where? I don't see them & I thought I'd fixed that problem in IE?

Before I start talking, please bear in mind that these opinions are that of 1 person who thinks content wins over looks!

Let's get cracking..

The file organisation and content layout looks fine, page names are unique (for example: reselling.php, vps.php, etc) which is a good step to take if you're looking for a good SEO compliant website.

You don't seem to want to make the website browser friendly though with the coding that's going on (tags not closed properly - see below for an example). Run your website against the validator on W3C to see what you may need to adjust - I'd also consider adding ALT text to all images you have to not only add a little bit of help (albeit minor help) with your SEO but to also make it friendly for users using text2voice in their web browsers.

Incorrect closed tag: <br> (used to be fine)
    Correct closed tag: </ br> (has now changed to this)

The design itself is tidy and quick loading but with a few errors that sit out quite boldly. In your horizontal navigation bar the font sizes as mentioned above are quite large and tends to draw my attention away from the important content you've spent lots of time putting on your site. In addition, the failure to have a logo gives me the impression that this is a 'here today, gone tomorrow' start-up business that has no real identity or desire for unique branding.

All this being said, I think you've got a good, functional website with a few flaws that can be quickly ironed out (the latest Dreamweaver for example will close your tags properly when you open the file). Good work and good luck with the company!

Viewed in Internet Explorer and FireFox (latest versions) with a 1280*800 widescreen resolution.
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

oh yeah I forgot to mention one thing.. please have someone look at those header images you're using! hehe
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

Hi guys,

As is usual for me, I design a site, and a week later I hate it. So I tried something new very quickly: http://superbytes.net/secret/ (only 30mins work, but what do you think).

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBytes View Post
    Hi guys,

As is usual for me, I design a site, and a week later I hate it. So I tried something new very quickly: http://superbytes.net/secret/ (only 30mins work, but what do you think).
    I'd be slightly concerned as it looks more like a personal blog as opposed to a VPS host website.

I'd take 20 minutes, get a pencil and paper and physically draw what you would want to see from a hosting website and where you would want to see it. Make a sketch, call it a blueprint and work from it because I guarantee you'll see more structure doing it this way!

Take your time, you've got loads of it to spend on your project and hopefully at the end we'll see a real cracking website for a real cracking company

If you're really stuck for a hosting design, drop me a PM and I may have a sandbox design (it'll be a psd) laying around that you can play around with
    Last edited by DesignBear; 01-09-2008 at 06:00 AM.
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

White on Black hurts my eyes I miss the cookies
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

Its very straight to the point, but not graphical, or eye catching.

Its effective though.
    and the cookies, haha yum :]

It is different to say the least. The fonts are just too big as mentioned. I think some will have issue with a few quotes on the site such as:
    "We don't do downtime, we just don't."
    If you can 100% promise this, it's a great line! I love it but if you get 99.999% it just don't work.
    cookies... why share?
    web hosting... why share.
    You still are sharing a server.. No real way around it.

Good luck!
    Bob
    Last edited by sitekeeper; 01-09-2008 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typo "oops"
    Sitekeeper
    Google

I've done a large update to the site if anyone's interested