Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    47

    Any way to reach layeredtech?

    My server has been down for more than 24 hours.

    I've asked for an update many, many times, but they stopped responding about 12 hours ago.

    I had the same problem a few months ago, guess that makes me the fool.

    If anyone can offer some alternative contact info it would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    -Eric

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,354
    All the contacts are on their website > http://www.layeredtech.com/about/contact.php
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,277
    Hi, as a previous LT client the only method they provide to contact them is using the customer portal. We also had our server down for hours on a weekend. We made several attempts to contact them using telephone numbers we dug up but they all went to voicemail. This company is not known for support. We learned ourselves that when our server was down (due to an accidental reclaim) we were at their mercy.

    Good luck with finding a new provider
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by ecocozza View Post
    My server has been down for more than 24 hours.

    I've asked for an update many, many times, but they stopped responding about 12 hours ago.

    I had the same problem a few months ago, guess that makes me the fool.

    If anyone can offer some alternative contact info it would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    -Eric
    Eric,

    I am not sure why you are stating this when I see a reply from our staff less then 20 mins ago and you have had numerous updates from our staff throughout the day. The staff are looking into the networking issue with your Virtuzzo server and it is not an issue we see every day so it is taking some time to resolve and awaiting replies from SW-Soft.

    Please use our support portal for all requests. We do not provide phone based support or support via WHT.

    Regards,

    Jeremy

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by LTADMIN View Post
    Eric,

    I am not sure why you are stating this when I see a reply from our staff less then 20 mins ago and you have had numerous updates from our staff throughout the day. The staff are looking into the networking issue with your Virtuzzo server and it is not an issue we see every day so it is taking some time to resolve and awaiting replies from SW-Soft.
    We decided to move away from LT because of the Support issues. But as they say they only lease UN MANAGED SERVERS
    Last edited by Hosting_Reserve; 01-06-2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: being nice

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    West Michigan, USA
    Posts
    9,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosting_ReserveUK View Post
    We decided to move away from LT because of the Support issues. But as they say they only lease UN MANAGED SERVERS
    UN MANAGED doesn't mean NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. There are things you need help with, if you don't have physical access to your servers. God forbid you should have a hard drive fail on an "un managed" server and not be able to get support.

    --Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    UN MANAGED doesn't mean NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
    Judging from these forums I think a lot of people might disagree with you in regards to LT's support. I however have exactly nothing to say on the subject..

  8. #8

    Yeap .... We Left Too

    We also left because of sup-par and poorly trained customer service reps. In fact, their senior tech support admitted that the techs I dealt with were "not properly trained" on the issue we had. Oh well.

    Oops.

    --
    Anthony

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,277
    When we used to host with LT and submitted reverse dns updates they always came back at us with nslookups proving that the reverse works. However the ns requests showed residential cable modem ip's. Sort of said to me they either had people working from home or something. Not that working from home is a bad thing, it's not, however I wouldn't and haven't seen much from them personally. I think the reason they chose to use only the portal is to appear bigger then they actually are. You never get to see e-mail headers or anything, all you see is a different tech each time that very well could be the same tech using a different name. We noticed trends in our support tickets, they all only appeared to be updated at around the same time each day, which may shine a little light on how they operate. In any event they are un-managed but when you need thing such as rdns issues, have a technical issue with hardware on the server, expect to wait at least 12 hours.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by woods01 View Post
    When we used to host with LT and submitted reverse dns updates they always came back at us with nslookups proving that the reverse works. However the ns requests showed residential cable modem ip's. Sort of said to me they either had people working from home or something. Not that working from home is a bad thing, it's not, however I wouldn't and haven't seen much from them personally. I think the reason they chose to use only the portal is to appear bigger then they actually are. You never get to see e-mail headers or anything, all you see is a different tech each time that very well could be the same tech using a different name. We noticed trends in our support tickets, they all only appeared to be updated at around the same time each day, which may shine a little light on how they operate. In any event they are un-managed but when you need thing such as rdns issues, have a technical issue with hardware on the server, expect to wait at least 12 hours.
    Yes the person who does our rDNS happens to be my wife and she works from home for us and takes care of the DNS two times a day in the early morning and late evening. And yes the resolution lookups will show the local resolvers of our cable modem. I really do not see what the problem is with that as it shows the requested changes have already propagated beyond the LT DNS servers and out to the rest the internet. She also uses direct lookups against the LT DNS pools when requested or for larger blocks.

    We are by no means a 1 or 2 man shop. We employ over 150 people in the local Dallas Fort Worth area and have 2 data centers manned 24/7 along with our sales staff which is manned pretty much 5/24 or more. We also state in the tickets for 'rDNS' for example that they will be resolved in 24-72 hours or less and I know for a fact the people who do them get them all done in under 48 hours and typically under 24 hours. Please do not assume that all tickets will be acted on instantly and be resolved in a matter of hours. That should not be expected for all types of support issues which do not require immediate resolution on a un-managed host that does not charge for best effort support.

    As for the support portal that is used to track tickets and allow us to move them between departments if needed. Also allows us to keep a full audit log of all events of that ticket if it needs to be later reviewed or passed onto another group. None of which you can do easily using simple email as a support method or IM.

    Regards,

    Jeremy

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    285
    You cannot at all rely on email for support. There is too much of a chance that stuff gets caught in spam filters and it is also an extremely disorganized way of trying to keep track of issues. You just cannot do it effectively when you are more than a one man show. By keeping all support within a real helpdesk system, you greatly enhance productivity and coordination between departments and support people. Phone support is even worse. Nothing is more unproductive than having a tech hanging on the phone for 20 minutes geting a detailed explanation and jotting down numbers and URLs when he could be working on something while the customer is writing all that up in a ticket. It is also a very poor way of keeping track of things. So really, a helpdesk/CRM system is the only feasible way to go in a more than one person organization.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Your Screen
    Posts
    3,998
    Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    UN MANAGED doesn't mean NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
    It does at Layered Tech.

    Been there, done that, moved to much better providers, much happier today.

    Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Your Screen
    Posts
    3,998
    Quote Originally Posted by woods01 View Post
    When we used to host with LT and submitted reverse dns updates they always came back at us with nslookups proving that the reverse works. However the ns requests showed residential cable modem ip's. Sort of said to me they either had people working from home or something.
    As unhappy as I am with LT, I have to say, I don't think this is a fair or even valid point. Who cares if the lookups come from a residential IP?

    ... Just about every host on the planet uses work-from-home techs for at least some of their operations.

    ... Every host on the planet has managers who will diagnose stuff at home during off hours.

    ... Did you miss the week-long feature pieces on Good Morning America about finding solid jobs online that are work-from-home, via the internet?

    Working from home doesn't have the stigma it had even 2 or 3 years ago. Working from home is now a norm that companies large and small use every day, as a matter of course. Telecommuting is nothing special anymore. Some of the finest work done in America today, this very day!, was done by people toiling away in their home office (or in their La-Z-Boy with their laptop). There is no shame, nor is there any need to suggest lesser quality, just because a work-at-homer might be in the mix.


    Jeremy, IMO there is no need to explain that your wife does the rDNS and she works from home. Good for her, I say!! -- but it's nobody's business. It is sufficient to say you "use remote techs," end of story.

    Bailey

    Quote Originally Posted by woods01 View Post
    When we used to host with LT and submitted reverse dns updates they always came back at us with nslookups proving that the reverse works. However the ns requests showed residential cable modem ip's. Sort of said to me they either had people working from home or something. Not that working from home is a bad thing, it's not, however I wouldn't and haven't seen much from them personally. I think the reason they chose to use only the portal is to appear bigger then they actually are. You never get to see e-mail headers or anything, all you see is a different tech each time that very well could be the same tech using a different name. We noticed trends in our support tickets, they all only appeared to be updated at around the same time each day, which may shine a little light on how they operate. In any event they are un-managed but when you need thing such as rdns issues, have a technical issue with hardware on the server, expect to wait at least 12 hours.
    James, I can assure you, you clearly have no idea how big they actually are, nor the actual size of their staff. They have quite a few staff members, and yes, they are different people. I know this because I have emailed with a number of them privately outside of their company over the past couple of years. They all had vastly different private email addresses and very much unique home IPs.

    Your comments about their business size and staffing are uninformed, incorrect, and out of line.

    Bailey

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwannasite View Post
    Phone support is even worse. Nothing is more unproductive than having a tech hanging on the phone for 20 minutes geting a detailed explanation and jotting down numbers and URLs when he could be working on something while the customer is writing all that up in a ticket.
    Ugh, amen to that.

    So many people seem to want phone support... we just won't go there... people call and give cagey trouble reports, leave out 80% of the information, trying to get the info you need is like pulling teeth. Then they sit on the phone expecting an immediate answer, when it takes time to check all the possibilities from square one. Now the tech is agitated and feeling "under the gun" because he has a client in his ear who wants an immediate answer to a totally unknown problem. ??? It is stressful for the tech, which is also going to cause the tech to make mistakes, which is going to slow him down.

    Ticket support forces the client to actually map out their problem step-wise, which for some reason people seem to be able to do much better in writing than they can verbally.

    Aside from the fact, the ticket does not interrupt the tech as he is working on another client's issue, unlike the phone. When the tech is interrupted, you're adding at least another 20 minutes to resolution time for the other client! Once again we are creating slower technical support.

    And, it's a whole lot easier and faster to copy/paste the file names and IP addresses, in the course of doing tech work, than it is to verbally transcribe them from over the phone and then type them in... assuming the client spelled them all out right (and they often do not)...

    My conclusion: If you want faster and better-quality support, use a ticketing system.

    Of course, this assumes that you are with a host that is putting forth a 100% effort 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Not even the best helpdesk in the world can do the customer support. You still need competent, compassionate people for that. No computer or helpdesk can do it for you. Without great people, you will still have sucky support.

    (Sucky support on a shiny, fancy helpdesk ... but sucky support nonetheless. )

    Bailey
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 01-08-2008 at 05:13 AM. Reason: merged posts
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,481
    I'm pretty concerned with how LayeredTech views their business relationship with their customers... its pretty much a no guarantee, their business comes first, wait until it's a good time for us ole' boy attitude that I've experienced thus far and that's not something I'm willing to put up with.

    Not to mention the brick wall that I've run into with their Sales Representatives when asking for simple things, like VPS CP licensing fees, which I still haven't received via e-mail... even though I was told it would be e-mailed on Thursday of last week... are they just trying to end all new business before it starts?

    They will need to get their act together or they'll go the way of the tumbling weeds with me. Their needs to be a systematic attitude change with an emphasis on supporting your most valuable assets (those pesky little customers that pay you money) over there, starting at the top and funneling down. Where are the Robert Marsh's of the industry any more?
    Last edited by Jay H; 01-08-2008 at 02:59 AM.
    * GeekStorage.com, LLC - Offering awesome website hosting for over 9 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Pure SSD VPS * Managed Dedicated
    * Powered by Geeks... and SSD's! - You're in good hands, geek hands.
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,084
    LT like many other of the larger companies on this board have many satisfied customers. They do make mistakes and it would appear in this case that the OP wasn't exactly accurate about lack of responses.

    There is no question that they could improve but who among us can't?
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,481
    LT is responsive in the sense that they'll update your ticket quickly every time you submit one, but it's the actionable requests (you know, those darn tickets that make you accountable and have to work for the money you receive monthly from a customer) that have concerned me.

    We're not talking out of this world requests - a total of three requests to purchase service and then another request asking them to justify why it's taking them 5 days to setup a standard Virtuozzo server. Two of those sales tickets were deleted before they attempted to answer them (which their live tech stated was "ridiculous" and apologized for - I'd tend to agree) and another sales ticket was never followed up on, by the same tech on live chat... They haven't managed to try and earn my business, yet I gave them some anyways... at which point I get smoke and mirrors when it comes to a rather simple server setup that keeps growing in setup time every time the wind blows outside.

    They can't improve without feedback, voiced opinions of concern and the occasional rant post on WHT... now can they?
    * GeekStorage.com, LLC - Offering awesome website hosting for over 9 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Pure SSD VPS * Managed Dedicated
    * Powered by Geeks... and SSD's! - You're in good hands, geek hands.
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Your Screen
    Posts
    3,998
    Jay, that attitude and sense of "urgency" (ha ha) has been there for a year-plus now, I've pointed it out many times on this board as well as in tickets... you are preaching to deaf ears. My advice is to get the hell out now, early, before you are invested and your clients' data is at risk. It's not going to get any better. What you are seeing is the way things are done.

    Kudos to you for noticing the above ... I am finding that most people just don't get it ... and they don't recognize how these are the red flags to much bigger, systemic problems that degrade performance at every layer of service.

    Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Seoul, Korea (London, UK)
    Posts
    1,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    They can't improve without feedback, voiced opinions of concern and the occasional rant post on WHT... now can they?
    I would suggest using the LT forums for feedback, not WHT.
    My education is finally over at 28... But now I am looking for a full time job and tru lurrv...
    Have you found the WHT rules & guidelines? Took me 4 years!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by James Lee View Post
    I would suggest using the LT forums for feedback, not WHT.
    I'd most certainly take that under advisement if I thought it would do any good. If WHT didn't contain provider feedback (basically reviews) than it wouldn't be the invaluable resource that it currently is.

    Perhaps I've been doing this long enough to know which avenues of communication to use.
    * GeekStorage.com, LLC - Offering awesome website hosting for over 9 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Pure SSD VPS * Managed Dedicated
    * Powered by Geeks... and SSD's! - You're in good hands, geek hands.
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    West Michigan, USA
    Posts
    9,675
    Quote Originally Posted by James Lee View Post
    I would suggest using the LT forums for feedback, not WHT.

    I did that once, and was most respectful about it, and my posts were deleted and I was banned.

    --Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    I did that once, and was most respectful about it, and my posts were deleted and I was banned.

    --Tina

    Tina,

    Your posts have not been deleted they are still viewable by the public and you where anything but respectful to our staff via our forums or ticket systems. As for anyone else with comments or concerns please contact us directly at our sales @layeredtech.com or feel free to post in our forums.

    Regards,

    Jeremy

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    West Michigan, USA
    Posts
    9,675
    Jeremy,

    Your continued outright lies about our experience with LT is getting old. Honestly, I've had bad experiences with other companies in the past - but I've never dealt with any company that outright lies and covers things up. Its shameful. Yes, my posts were deleted and I was banned - and my posts were removed.

    I've been a member @ WHT for many, many years and although I am very opinionated, which may rub some people the wrong way, I can't remember ever having a post removed or had problems with anyone thinking I was being disrespectful. You, on the other hand, have been accused by others (not just me) @ WHT of being dishonest.

    --Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    Jeremy,

    Your continued outright lies about our experience with LT is getting old. Honestly, I've had bad experiences with other companies in the past - but I've never dealt with any company that outright lies and covers things up. Its shameful. Yes, my posts were deleted and I was banned - and my posts were removed.

    I've been a member @ WHT for many, many years and although I am very opinionated, which may rub some people the wrong way, I can't remember ever having a post removed or had problems with anyone thinking I was being disrespectful. You, on the other hand, have been accused by others (not just me) @ WHT of being dishonest.

    --Tina

    Join Date: 08-25-2005
    Posts
    Total Posts: 18 (0.02 posts per day)
    Find all posts by AH-Tina
    Find all threads started by AH-Tina
    Referrals: 0

    Again your posts have not been removed and your account is not 'banned'. Do you see a 'banned' message when you visit our forums? No that is because your account is set to 'Guest'. You have also been spinning your horror stories with our company now for over 2 years and every time you post them they get more skewed and change up to make us look like the evil DC that steals babies and feeds them to dingo's.

    Even know we tried to work with you in the past and where hung up by your staff when trying to reach you by phone. Where called everything under the sun by you and your staff on here and our forums and ticket system and you continue to bash us every chance you get. Why would we want to work with someone that only way of getting things done is to yell, shout, scream and try to shame people into doing things there way?

    Regards,

    Jeremy

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    West Michigan, USA
    Posts
    9,675
    Quote Originally Posted by LTADMIN View Post
    Join Date: 08-25-2005
    Posts
    Total Posts: 18 (0.02 posts per day)
    Find all posts by AH-Tina
    Find all threads started by AH-Tina
    Referrals: 0

    Again your posts have not been removed and your account is not 'banned'. Do you see a 'banned' message when you visit our forums? No that is because your account is set to 'Guest'. You have also been spinning your horror stories with our company now for over 2 years and every time you post them they get more skewed and change up to make us look like the evil DC that steals babies and feeds them to dingo's.

    Even know we tried to work with you in the past and where hung up by your staff when trying to reach you by phone. Where called everything under the sun by you and your staff on here and our forums and ticket system and you continue to bash us every chance you get.

    Regards,

    Jeremy
    You know what's hilarious? You claim you were hung up on by our staff. We never had an office phone that 'staff' had access to.

    We don't do any technical support via phone and our 'staff' has no phone contact with anyone. The only number you ever had was my cell phone number and possibly my personal office phone...in my home, in a room that only I use. Jeremy, you're a liar. Liar, liar, liar. Stop while you still have some dignity.

    I never said that ALL of my posts were deleted. Only the ones that asked for some real answers, instead of this "blaming the customer" routine that you think you do so well. I was banned from accessing your forums via IP block. When I changed IPs, I could access it again, until I logged into my forum account and posted again - then that IP was blocked. Rinse and repeat 4 times.

    --Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    You know what's hilarious? You claim you were hung up on by our staff. We never had an office phone that 'staff' had access to.

    We don't do any technical support via phone and our 'staff' has no phone contact with anyone. The only number you ever had was my cell phone number and possibly my personal office phone...in my home, in a room that only I use. Jeremy, you're a liar. Liar, liar, liar. Stop while you still have some dignity.

    I never said that ALL of my posts were deleted. Only the ones that asked for some real answers, instead of this "blaming the customer" routine that you think you do so well. I was banned from accessing your forums via IP block. When I changed IPs, I could access it again, until I logged into my forum account and posted again - then that IP was blocked. Rinse and repeat 4 times.

    --Tina

    So the number that was provided by you and your staff via our ticket system during the issue with the bad chassis and I personally called and was hung up on by your admin never existed?

    And yes I did ban your IP one day because you where doing nothing but arguing with other clients on our forums and internal staff. Why should I not temporarily ban an abusive account from our site? Did I remove the posts or the thread? No.

    I am done with this. You keep spreading your FUD and lies on here and have fun with it as this is going no where.

    Regards,

    Jeremy

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    West Michigan, USA
    Posts
    9,675
    Quote Originally Posted by LTADMIN View Post
    So the number that was provided by you and your staff via our ticket system during the issue with the bad chassis and I personally called and was hung up on by your admin never existed?

    And yes I did ban your IP one day because you where doing nothing but arguing with other clients on our forums and internal staff. Why should I not temporarily ban an abusive account from our site? Did I remove the posts or the thread? No.

    I am done with this. You keep spreading your FUD and lies on here and have fun with it as this is going no where.

    Regards,

    Jeremy
    Jeremy,

    So, for the past 2 years that I've been claiming that you banned me from your forums and you kept insisting you did not - you never once brought up that you DID, in fact, ban my IP? Nice.

    Respectfully, I would ask that you do some serious soul searching and stop blaming others for certain problems that exist(ed) @ LT. Every company has screw ups - including both of us. People know when a company is spinning lies for the sake of saving face. So, let's just leave it at that. People reading our posts can decide for themselves, and I'm fine with that.

    --Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Smiths Falls, ON
    Posts
    772
    Used to work for a company known as WebTraks way back when, and our servers were through LayeredTech. At the end of the day, everything proved to be a nightmare whenever something went wrong. Now that I've worked in the industry for several more years, I realize how big of an issue it really was.
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    I'm pretty concerned with how LayeredTech views their business relationship with their customers... its pretty much a no guarantee, their business comes first, wait until it's a good time for us ole' boy attitude that I've experienced thus far and that's not something I'm willing to put up with.

    Not to mention the brick wall that I've run into with their Sales Representatives when asking for simple things, like VPS CP licensing fees, which I still haven't received via e-mail... even though I was told it would be e-mailed on Thursday of last week... are they just trying to end all new business before it starts?

    They will need to get their act together or they'll go the way of the tumbling weeds with me. Their needs to be a systematic attitude change with an emphasis on supporting your most valuable assets (those pesky little customers that pay you money) over there, starting at the top and funneling down. Where are the Robert Marsh's of the industry any more?
    Like any company, there are good and bad apples. Ask anything standard I'm sure that anyone there would be able to answer without a problem. Ask something more specific/unusual, and, you might run into the issue of having to wait while they ask someone who's been around a while. Same in any company really, although that sort of delay is a tad unusual. If you're still interested in a LT server, give them a phone and speak to one of the sales staff - I'm sure they can get you sorted out

    Personally, I'm very happy there. There are some very good people working at LT in all levels from the top through to the bottom - and I even have some kind words for a couple of the abuse staff! The management team at the top are also very responsive and a) take the time to listen even to the 'little' customers and b) actually implement changes that you can see!

    At the end of the day, the servers I have and those of my customers there are online 24/7 with only the odd issue, reboots are generally very quick, the staff are nearly always happy to perform any reasonable request, and you don't have to break the bank to get it all either!

    If SoftLayer ever start offering servers at comparable pricing I'll reconsider - but for the money, LT are by far the best, whether it's low or high end.

    If it helps any, I've been with LT since early 2006 and got through the "issues" without any problem that you'll hear some on here screaming about from the rooftops...!
    Alasdair

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •