Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Aussies beat India in cricket

The Aussies beat India again in the cricket, although this time the Indians actually put up a fight. Some poor umpiring decisions that will no doubt fuel the Indian press for a few weeks to come.
    . . . India were set 333 to win from 72 overs at the SCG and were bowled out for 210 from 70.5 overs at 6.35pm, eight minutes before the scheduled end of play.
    You little beauty!

Good job to the Indians. They played well and put up a good fight, but got a few rough umpiring decisions, that happens to all teams.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...014021,00.html
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

quote from fox sports

INDIA captain Anil Kumble accused Australia of not playing in the "spirit of the game" after Ricky Ponting's side pulled off a miraculous win in the second Test with only minutes to spare.
    Wonders where I have heard that before... oh yeah!! when ya bowled under arm

All good, good win aussies

This is not confirmed but news channels are flasjing that the Indian team boycotted the presentation ceremony due to the faulty umpiring.

BCCI finally says they will lodge an official complaint.

Aussies could never beat us without cheating. They played with 11 + 2 On field umpires + 1 Third umpire to defeat a team of 11 Indian Players.

The Match stats shows and the Media is bashing the Aussie for un professional behaviours. I think its better if India BoyCott's the series and get back home.

Cheating at its best by the Aussies......-

There is a appeal and the umpires have doubt and they ask one party [ if u want it to be out or not out] and then gives the batsman out. [t doesnt matter whether its out or not]

I am not sure where there is a rule written in the history of cricket books, where umpires consult with Aus cap for a decision.

HOW CAN U WIN WHEN EVEN THE UMPIRES ARE CHEATING....ITS NOT THAT WE HAV LOST ND CAME BAK!!!!!

THE HEIGHT IS CHEAITNG N THAT TOO FOR OVER 10 WRONG DECISIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dotable Steve View Post
    Wonders where I have heard that before... oh yeah!! when ya bowled under arm
    That was like 25 years ago.
    All good, good win aussies
    Yeah, the last 2 sessions of play where the Aussies bowled the Indians out was great. Wickets were falling thick and fast. I was coming back from Nth Stradbroke Island and caught most of that on the radio. Great last few overs. Wish I was watching it on TV.

It's a game, that too Cricket where every thing is fair.

So Congrats Bob n all Aussies.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post

Was it a hard fought win against us jii. The game was unfair.
    Disappointed Team India skipper Anil Kumble said, "There was too much happening on the field. Players should be honest on the field."
    Aussies are not honest and they are cheaters.

Yeah, sometimes the umpiring goes your way and sometimes it doesn't. No point crying about it like little babies, as some sore losers do. You take the bad calls with the good calls and you get on with things. My son plays U15s cricket and in the last game he got a shocking call while batting, but accepted the umpire's decision that he was out, when he wasn't. There's no room for sooks and sore losers in the game of cricket.

Although I do think they should rely a tad more on the technology they have, and consult the 3rd umpire for close decisions, if the technology is available during the game. It will slow things down a tad, but not too much, but I think it would be better for the game in general.
    Thanks. Hope the 3rd test match is as close as this one was. I'm pretty sure the Indians thought this one was going to be a draw, heading into the last 2 sessions of play left with 10 wickets to defend. I don't think anyone thought the Aussies could bowl them out in those last 2 sessions. I know I didn't.

No point crying about it like little babies, as some sore losers do.
    It is very similar to the immortal line uttered by Australia's Bodyline captain Bill Woodfull when England's pace attack continually bowled at the body of Australia's batsmen.

Playing a foul game and winning is something kids do. Cricket is a gentleman game and i was totally ashamed to see Gilly's attitude today who is considered one of the real gentleman in cricketing world today after lara , tendulakar.

I do not know a test match where ten dissmals have been in the favor of home team and most of the decisions were rude.

Don't call yourself a Cricketers. There was no wrong in pointing out by former captain that Aussies cannot win without sledging and cheating.

You should be ashamed for such a low behaviour shown towards the touring side.

I won't say Cricket is a Gentleman's game any more. With so many match fixing, controversies, foul play etc. Its definitely no more a Gentleman's game.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

I won't say Cricket is a Gentleman's game any more. With so many match fixing, controversies, foul play etc. Its definitely no more a Gentleman's game.
    Indeed the worst part is Aussies Sledging and Cheating.

Anyway there is petition held for ICC regarding the cheaters and their game.

http://www.petitiononline.com/17040903/petition.html

THIS WAS A BLACK DAY FOR CRICKET
    and we Indians are at the receiving end as usual.
    India becoming a victim of poor umpiring and more than that the insulting behavior of Aussie players.

It was not only a defeat but an insult of over100 crore fans of Indian Cricket.
    Aussies sledging openly against the indians got clean chit and Harbhajan Singh sentenced ban for 3 tests when there were no solid proofs against him.

Ponting cheating in the game and asking an indian journalist to leave the press conference when asked about his fake appeals.

Clarke, Symonds, Ponting, Hogg all going against the spirit of the game... always did everything to win the game when some Indians showed the same agression to them, they accused him of making racial comments.

Bucknor, Benson and 3rd umpire all giving repeated wrong decisions against the indians .. there wer aroun 10-11 decisions which clearly went against us.

damn it lol....we're never going to here the end of this Biju

[email protected] " A black day for cricket (no pun intended)

I was going to say I'm glad Scotland doesn't have a cricket team...but alas it does have, not that they ever bother wasting their time plating the Aussies

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

[email protected] " A black day for cricket (no pun intended)
    Indeed. Is there any end OWM.

If u know cricket OWM.. Watch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z125u...eature=related

The entire country is frustated because of the cheaters Aussies.

Certainly disappointed with the umpiring decisions. I can understand 1-2 bad decisions but 10 wrong decisions in a game? I think ICC should seriously consider introducing more technology into umpiring (if one is available).

But yeah, its a game after all. Hopefully the 3rd test match wont be as controversial as this one. Congratulations to Australia for pulling in this win!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    lol, what Biju?

I do find it hilarious that India are threatening to quit the series and go back home. I guess if you can't beat 'em, run back home.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23212,00.html

To make things worse for the Indians, Harbhajan has been banned for racial slur -
    INDIA spinner Harbhajan Singh has been banned for three Tests after being found guilty of racial abuse for allegedly calling black Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds "a monkey", the International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced.

India played a great game and actually put up a fight, but they were totally outgunned by the Aussies taking their last 10 wickets in the last 2 sessions of play. That was an amazing 2 sessions of cricket.

Bring on the next test, if the Indians are still around. 2 tests to go, so there's 4 -0 coming.

The Aussies have been unbeatable in the last 16 test matches -
    South Africa, 2nd Test in Melbourne, 2005-06. Aust by 184 runs
    South Africa, 3rd Test in Sydney, 2005-06. Aust by eight wickets
    South Africa, 1st Test in Cape Town, 2005-06. Aust by seven wickets
    South Africa, 2nd Test in Durban, 2005-06. Aust by 112 runs
    South Africa, 3rd Test in Johannesburg, 2005-06. Aust by two wickets
    Bangladesh, 1st Test in Fatullah, 2005-06. Aust by three wickets
    Bangladesh, 2nd Test in Chittagong, 2005-06. Aust by an innings and 80 runs
    England, 1st Test in Brisbane, 2006-07. Aust by 277 runs
    England, 2nd Test in Adelaide, 2006-07. Aust by six wickets
    England, 3rd Test in Perth, 2006-07. Aust by 206 runs
    England, 4th Test in Melbourne, 2006-07. Aust by an innings and 99 runs
    England, 5th Test in Sydney, 2006-07. Aust by 10 wickets
    Sri Lanka, 1st Test in Brisbane, 2007-08. Aust by an innings and 40 runs
    Sri Lanka, 2nd Test in Hobart, 2007-08. Aust by 96 runs
    India, 1st Test in Melbourne, 2007-08. Aust by 337 runs
    India, 2nd Test in Sydney, 2007-08. Aust by 122 runs
    I suppose some credit biased umpiring for 16 wins in a row?!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    . . . I was going to say I'm glad Scotland doesn't have a cricket team...but alas it does have, not that they ever bother wasting their time plating the Aussies
    I can't remember if we Aussies have played Scotland in the past. Maybe in a World Cup game? I'm not sure.

Right now the Aussies are the No.1 cricketing team on the planet, and have stamped their dominance on the one day and test match games. It won't always be this way as the years go by. They're just having a good run over the last bunch of years.

I remember when I was younger when the West Indies were the best, and noone could beat them. That will happen again, eventually. It's a very fluid game when you have new players coming into the sides and old players retiring. A lot can change in the space of a few years. One of my sons might be playing for the Aussies in the next 10 to 15 years. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderpoint View Post
    Certainly disappointed with the umpiring decisions. I can understand 1-2 bad decisions but 10 wrong decisions in a game?
    1 to 2 iffy decisions over 4 innings of cricket is very low. It's usually higher than that, but the claims of 10 bad umpiring decisions against the Indians is exaggerated nonsense, and just an example of poor sportsmanship.
    I think ICC should seriously consider introducing more technology into umpiring (if one is available).
    I agree. They use the 3rd umpire technology for run outs, but I think they should extend that to close calls such as LBW and caught behind. They argue that it would slow the game down too much, but I think it would be ok, so long as the 3rd umpires don't take a long time to make the decision. You see the 3rd umpire used a lot in Aussie Football, and it's been good for the game imo.
    Congratulations to Australia for pulling in this win!
    Thanks. Umpiring constroversies aside, the last days's play was probably some of the best test match cricket you'll ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    One of my sons might be playing for the Aussies in the next 10 to 15 years. You never know.
    I thought you were working on producing a complete team !

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    I thought you were working on producing a complete team !
    Gimmie a break! 4 sons and 2 daughters is plenty enough for this Aussie. I need to save my somewhat receeding hair line.

To make things worse for the Indians, Harbhajan has been banned for racial slur -
    Sridhar said the Indian team is considering having Australia's Brad Hogg cited for abusive language on the final day of the Test.

The first match of the WHT tour umpired by Aussie Bob and Biju has now ended in a draw.

That was like 25 years ago.
    Yeah and we'll NEVER forget it!

I've never understood cricket....to boring..lol

Go watch some football, basketball or baseball..much better

Goodness, this just keeps getting funnier and funnier. Now the Indians have suspended the tour, until they can get Harbhajan Singh's 3 game suspension for making a racial remark overturned.

Let them run back home. No skin off our nose. It was just going to be a 4-0 whitewash anyways. No chance they could level the series 2-2.

Thumbs down 14 players aussie side

how nice 11 players + 3 umpires had to fight for 5 long days and could beat india with 7 balls to play ...

wonder how the aussies can lose ..

they can even create new record 100 wins in a row ,with so many players ...
    david .c
    web hosting india , www.easy2host.in
    windows , linux -- webhosting / reseller hosting

* lol, more bad sportsmanship

Quote Originally Posted by sanudeep View Post
    how nice 11 players + 3 umpires had to fight for 5 long days and could beat india with 7 balls to play ...

wonder how the aussies can lose ..

they can even create new record 100 wins in a row ,with so many players ...
    lol more bad sportsmanship. I'm not surprised, but it's quite pathetic and sad. The sooner the Indian team leaves Australia the better. We won't tolerate sooks and sore losers. If they can't cut it, leave, and don't come back.

1 to 2 iffy decisions over 4 innings of cricket is very low. It's usually higher than that, but the claims of 10 bad umpiring decisions against the Indians is exaggerated nonsense, and just an example of poor sportsmanship.
    No it is not. 8 decisions were against India and 1 in favor of India. The entire test match was a farce. How else can you describe the fact that Symonds went on to score 162 when he should have been given out at 30?

The fact is that India played well, and gave it back to Australia. Look at the reaction of Ponting in the press-conference? Why did he rush out in 5 minutes?

Talking about the tour boycott, it has actually happened. It is very sad that cricket relations between India and Aus have come to so low nadir. I think Ponting and Kumble need to sit together and restore normalcy.

For the record, this match was no more than a FARCE contest.

lol more bad sportsmanship. I'm not surprised, but it's quite pathetic and sad. The sooner the Indian team leaves Australia the better. We won't tolerate sooks and sore losers. If they can't cut it, leave, and don't come back.
    And who wants to tour when the umpires work overtime to ensure your team wins?

lol more bad sportsmanship.
    Talking about sportsmanship, I think it was hardly visible on the fields. How, otherwise, would you explain Skipper Ricky Pointing still on the crease after being caught behind. A person with sportsmanship and integrity would have walked off the crease after that clear thick edge.

I do not agree with the BCCI decision to suspend the tour, but I do agree that it wasn't "just few errors here and there".

Goodness, this just keeps getting funnier and funnier. Now the Indians have suspended the tour, until they can get Harbhajan Singh's 3 game suspension for making a racial remark overturned.

Let them run back home. No skin off our nose. It was just going to be a 4-0 whitewash anyways. No chance they could level the series 2-2.
    Cheaters. HEHEHEHE

1. Pointing is the 5th umpire of the game.

2. Harbhajan singh is suspended for racial abuse.[ Where is the evidence, ah its Cheaters, no need for evidence].

3. Ten dismals against the visiting side. That too harsh and rude.

Cheaters celeb their victory. HEHEHEHE Pathetic. I think these Aussies just need a win and for that win they would go beyond any level of play.

Bob is saying 4-0. HEHEHEHEH

I think without support of Umpires they would loose against the weaker side like ireland.

There is no team with umpires too.

Cheaters. HEHEHEHEHEH Yea, its Aussies.
    Last edited by Biju; 01-07-2008 at 05:28 AM.

Indian team of 11 players lost to Australian team of 14 players. What a shame?

Australians can celebrate as much as they want but the fact remains that the wickets of quite a few Indian top order batsmen were never taken by Australian bowlers, umpires took those wickets for Australia.

Man of the match should go to umpire Bucknor and Benson because they were out there umpiring with closed eyes or ears. May be that australian third umpire who decided to close his eyes while seeing that Symods was clearly stumped in first innings. Just how can a third umpire justify those mistakes?

I saw the replays of those stumping decisions several times yesterday and I am 101% sure that the third umpire (an Australian) cheated. I wonder if the money of bookmakers played a role in the decisions given by these umpires. After all best known Australian players like Shane 'druggie' Warne and Mark Waugh have been well known for their dealings with bookmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by premium20 View Post
    No it is not. 8 decisions were against India and 1 in favor of India.
    And out of those 8 decisions against India, how many of them were wrong, in your opinion?
    The entire test match was a farce. How else can you describe the fact that Symonds went on to score 162 when he should have been given out at 30?
    lol, it's not like this is the first instance of a player that gets a favourable call by the umpire at a low score, going on to score a lot of runs. It has happened a lot in the past. That's cricket for you. Nothing new there.
    The fact is that India played well, and gave it back to Australia.
    They actually put up a fight in this test, unlike the first test whitewash. I was glad to see them post some good runs in the first innings by the Indians, and knew we had a good game. The Aussies like to be pushed a bit, and the first 2 innings had India infront by a few runs.
    Look at the reaction of Ponting in the press-conference? Why did he rush out in 5 minutes?
    Which press conference? Were you timing him? Where's your footage? I saw some footage where he got hot under the collar with an Indian journo, but Ponting can look after himself.
    Talking about the tour boycott, it has actually happened.
    It's for the best, and it's best they don't come back again, or until they learn to accept defeat in a sportsman like manner. We'll see them and defeat them (again) at the next World Cup no doubt.
    It is very sad that cricket relations between India and Aus have come to so low nadir. I think Ponting and Kumble need to sit together and restore normalcy.
    I agree that they should all get together and try and sort it out, but that won't happen. India will also lose a lot of $$ if they cut short the tour too, which will probably lead to more legal issues . . .
    For the record, this match was no more than a FARCE contest.
    For the record that's rubbish. Did you even watch the game? It was a game like most tests, where a few of the umpire's decisions were questioned. The last day's play is some of the best Test match cricket you will ever see. Totally bowling out a side in the last 2 sessions of play is pretty amazing. It ws brilliant strategy by Ponting, that once again paid off. It was a great effort by the Aussies to accomplish that, in only 2 sessions of play. The last over was a screamer with 3 wickets falling. The dismayed and bewildered looks on the Indian batsman as they were losing their wickets, was classic.

Bad calls happen and you accept the umpire's decision and move on. I've lost count of the bad calls the Aussies have got over the years. Some calls go your way and some calls don't go your way. That's the game for you. It's not uncommon for the losing team to blame everyone else but themselves, and that's what's happening here.

The Indians are pretty much beaten by the Aussies before the first ball is even bowled, and they know it too. No wonder they're cutting the tour short, when there's 2 more chances to be humiliated and beaten by the Aussies remaining. Change the umpires, it wouldn't matter. The Aussies would still win.

Quote Originally Posted by premium20 View Post
    And who wants to tour when the umpires work overtime to ensure your team wins?
    That's pathetic claiming the umpires are working for Australia, in some manner. You should be ashamed for making such foolish claims.

And out of those 8 decisions against India, how many of them were wrong, in your opinion?
    All 8 of them and then a few more were wrong. Without the cheating by umpires there was no way on earth Australians could have scored over 200 in first innings. Only the Australians can claim that those were the fair decisions and the umpires were honest because that suits them and honesty is something that is not known to the current Australian teams. After reading some of the reports in Australian media, I am starting to believe that lack of honesty is a national problem of Australia.

Come on Aussie Bob, you can do better than that.
    Last edited by iThink; 01-07-2008 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderpoint View Post
    Talking about sportsmanship, I think it was hardly visible on the fields. How, otherwise, would you explain Skipper Ricky Pointing still on the crease after being caught behind. A person with sportsmanship and integrity would have walked off the crease after that clear thick edge.
    Are you a cricketer? Do you play the game?

Even kids are taught to wait until the umpire has made the decision, before walking off back the ground. It's a sign of respect for the umpire, in acknowledging his authority as umpire and the one who makes the decision. In some instances, like a catch in the outfield or a big nick to 3rd slip, the umpire might not even raise his hand, as it's obvious.

After reading some of the reports in Australian media, I am starting to believe that lack of honest is a national problem of Australia.
    Actually its unfair to blame the entire nation for what is written in the media. Media writes what sells. End of Story!

Quote Originally Posted by iThink View Post
    All 8 of them and then a few more were wrong.
    How about you break it down 1 by 1? I bet you wouldn't have a clue about those 8 supposed bad calls made.
    . . . without the cheating by umpires there was no way on earth Australians could have scored over 200 in first innings.
    So you're claiming the umpires cheated and conspired against India so Australia wouuld win? How pathetic.
    Only the Australians can claim that those were the fair decisions . . .
    You take the good calls with the bad. The Aussies have had plenty of bad calls over the years, but that's part of the game. The umpire makes their decision, and that decision is final. It's how the game is played.

That's pathetic claiming the umpires are working for Australia, in some manner. You should be ashamed for making such foolish claims.
    Did you even see those stumpings on action replays? Do you think those were not-outs? An umpire on the field taking wrong decision can say he never saw action replays but what is the justification for third umpire. How can I even assume that the Australian third umpire was not cheating?

There is clear and visible proof in the forms of TV footage, that was seen by the third umpire as well as us on the TV, that at least third umpire (an Australian) was a CHEAT. There is no need to even argue about that.
    Last edited by iThink; 01-07-2008 at 05:48 AM.

I'm indian.
    Should I be mad now?

(dunno anything about Cricket, I'm a basketball/football/baseball...aka American guy)
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!

Even kids are taught to wait until the umpire has made the decision, before walking off back the ground. It's a sign of respect for the umpire, in acknowledging his authority as umpire and the one who makes the decision.
    I am not a professional cricket player but have watched the game enough to know most of its rules. Walking off the crease when you know you are out is not a dis-respect to the Umpires. Many of world's great cricketers have done it in the past and do it even today. I think thats what make them great players!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast