Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ClientExec

ClientExec

I'm planning on getting this for my reseller account that I am getting with Qoozz and I heard from somebody that ClientExec doesn't do automated account creation only automated billing. I'm not sure if that true and if it is true is there a plugin I could add in order to get automated account creation?

ClientExec has a cron job that you can set to run once a minute to automate account activation/creation.

Go WHMCS
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
    Go WHMCS
    why? could you tell all advantages compare to Clienexec, please?
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

There've been some threads on this in the last couple of months, which you can search for. The gist seems to be that whmcs has more features, while ce is smaller and a bit cheaper.

Hello,

I use both WHMCS and also ClientExec. I really really like WHMCS because of their invoicing system. You can pay a partial payment on an invoice in WHMCS when in ClientExec you can only mark the invoice as PAID or UNPAID. ClientExec is working on implementing the feature of adding the partial payment to ClientExec but there is no ETA on there.

WHMCS is also a better all around solution for your business or personal needs.

I' not sure if pricing is an issue or not, but I paid for my ClientExec and because I was a WHMAutoPilot refugee I got a nice discount on ClientExec and have an owned license of ClientExec now. I have a Free license with my VPS from my hosting provider. It's nice to have both, and I try to keep them in sync together with the latest up to date information.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
    Larry Braziel Jr.
    CEO & COO, Whitewater IT

i love whmcs too as it is easy to integrate it with our website,ce template editing is not that friendly

i am not majorly experienced in this department but i have used IPanel and Client Exec and il be honest i wasnt impressed with clientexec it was through a reseller so the support was non existent and i felt as if the user interface was a bit complex at time iv not used WHMCS but i will be trying it out soon and let you know what i think.

Sorry for not replying..lost this in a bunch of emails

I personally don't like ClientExec. It comes off clunky to me, and not very user friendly, while on the other hand, WHMCS is straight to the point and simple
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

Yes clunky is quite a good word il be trying WHMCS soon their leased license seems like the best option although i normally prefer owned.

I own a copy of clientexec, I have been "trying" to use there support the last few days, it was horrible and slow. I might look into WHMCS as well now.

WHMCS is awesome! My support tickets usually get answered within 1 hour ANY time of the day.

- Daniel

I also like WHMCS a lot more. It's better security wise too.

I've used both CE and WHMCS.

ClientExec can do automated account creation, I've used it before myself. The thing about CE that I like is that the software is stable and the support with them is good (cannot speak for resellers, obviously). I always believe in buying licenses with the creators of the software for that exact reason.

CE will do the job and do it pretty well. It does lack some of the features that WHMCS has, but according to CE they aren't too far away. I've spent a lot of my online life waiting on software, and it's just not something I was prepared to do.

CE is fairly simple once you get acquainted, but there is a bit of a learning curve perhaps a little above the average. I was navigating WHMCS a lot faster than I did CE at first.

I've tried ClientExec and didn't care for it that much. I ran into some limitations when it came to automated upgrading/cancellation, I can't remember which so don't quote me.

I switched to WHMCS and it's been great. It supports the level of automation I need and writing custom modules was a breeze. Best of all it's easy to learn and 'just works'. There are a few shortcomings as well, but I imagine they will be taken care of in the next update per the dev schedule.

I am also considering leaving Clientexec for WHMCS.

Well, i have just started again to use WHMCS, i was one of their first clients, but i sold my first license.

Today i had to open a ticket and it is amazing how fast i got a reply with the solution. It seems that they have a very good support.

This billing system is powerfull and very easy to use.
    Waveweb Technologies
    http://www.waveweb.com
    Customer Service Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by 10101 View Post
    I also like WHMCS a lot more. It's better security wise too.
    why would you make a statement like this - especially with the very recent security problems posted about whmcs?

What makes whmcs more secure??

Alright I now have clientexec installed and I'm using DirectAdmin and I've added the cronjobs but it doesn't seem to work. I get the error Cron Job: Error: Couldn't find the location of php binary.
    My cron job command is php -q /home/jwong512/billing/services.php 'order'. Can someone please help? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong512 View Post
    Alright I now have clientexec installed and I'm using DirectAdmin and I've added the cronjobs but it doesn't seem to work. I get the error Cron Job: Error: Couldn't find the location of php binary.
    My cron job command is php -q /home/jwong512/billing/services.php 'order'. Can someone please help? Thanks.
    Try /usr/bin/php or /usr/local/bin/php instead of just 'php'

Maybe try submitting a ticket with cPanel?
    Big things coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Maybe try submitting a ticket with cPanel?
    Er, too late to edit.

Submit a ticket with ClientExec, not cPanel
    Big things coming soon

I haven`t looked at Clientexec for a long time, however the 3.1 version that is due out soon looks fantastic.

Funny thing is no-one mentions ModernBill in this thread
    ServNX LLC - Leading into success
    Hosting Solutions, Software Development, VPS Servers, Design Solutions, IRC & Adult Allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by poppabear View Post
    Funny thing is no-one mentions ModernBill in this thread
    ModernWho??

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

i have been having problems with my MBv4 for some time now, however it is a nice setup, just buggy ..... i hear MBv5 is much better, but is much more complex to get setup ...
    ServNX LLC - Leading into success
    Hosting Solutions, Software Development, VPS Servers, Design Solutions, IRC & Adult Allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast