Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1

    Arrow HostNine.com Review

    HostNine.com is an AMAZING webhost Reseller. I started with the company about a week ago, and they have held my hand the entire way. Giving me A+ support, around the clock!

    Every little promblem I have run into HostNine support was there all the way. Also they provide free billing software to automate my business.

    I Highly recommend HostNine!

    John Turek
    TurekNET Hosting

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    1,463
    Thats great..whats your domain with them?

  3. #3

    HostNine Review

    TurekNET is my domain. TurekNET.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,854
    Great that you are enjoying your time with them.. I would be interested in a review in 6 months time at a length I would consider a review.. Plus, 1 week is not much to call it a review..

    Good to hear nevertheless..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,987
    Thank you for your kind words, Johnturek. We try to give our clients the best support possible!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The PitLane
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by johnturek View Post
    TurekNET is my domain. TurekNET.com
    um, hate to say this, but your sites not working:
    look - www.TurekNET.com
    _____________________________________________________________
    - There are many types of Marmalade -

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL, USA
    Posts
    764
    Yes it is.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

  8. #8
    It's showing directory listing.

    I think the account was created from 2nd January 2008

    It's good to see you're happy but quite a short time to write a review
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

  9. #9
    He's just on Cloud9 and hoping he will stay that way...... maybe that should be eCloud9

    Regards

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,248
    Happy customer myself
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The PitLane
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    um, hate to say this, but your sites not working:
    look - www.TurekNET.com
    OK I should have said the 'Web Site' is not functional at this moment in time, it just shows 'index of'.
    _____________________________________________________________
    - There are many types of Marmalade -

  12. #12
    The company hostnine are no good at all.. Most of the time their sites are down, or they make changes and dont tell customers

    If you have a site about your cat and you dont check it.. then sure you might like them but if your running a business avoid them..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by inpursuit25 View Post
    The company hostnine are no good at all.. Most of the time their sites are down, or they make changes and dont tell customers

    If you have a site about your cat and you dont check it.. then sure you might like them but if your running a business avoid them..
    I reply to this one rather than the other three. Please provide me with a domain or ticket number pertaining to your account with us. Any changes made to servers are noted on forums.hostnine.com weeks in advance as stated on our website and in our welcome emails customers receive upon sign up.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by hostnine View Post
    I reply to this one rather than the other three. Please provide me with a domain or ticket number pertaining to your account with us. Any changes made to servers are noted on forums.hostnine.com weeks in advance as stated on our website and in our welcome emails customers receive upon sign up.
    That doesnt account for your shabby service, downtimes and slow loading

  15. #15

    My experience has been exceptional!

    I joined HostNine about 2 months ago, because I was disgruntled with my previous reseller hosting provider (Myacen/SolidInternet/Telewest). I have been delighted with HostNine's support and service the whole time I've been with them.

    They answer all tickets very promptly (usually within minutes), they even answer the phone, they're excellent value for money, and they offer excellent features, such as a license for WHMCS billing system, the ability to select which location you want each of your sites, etc etc.

    The best thing of all: I gave them a spreadsheet with the details of the 93 sites from my last hosting provider (domain names, cPanel usernames, passwords, etc), and they transferred the LOT - FOR FREE! It took a few days to get it going, but it all went without a hitch: Files, mailboxes, forwarders, mailing lists, parked domains, databases - everything! That saved me many days of work, and they didn't even charge me for it.

    Thanks to Travis, Joshua, Dan and the team at HostNine. I'm a very happy customer!

    Mark.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    26
    I too am a Hostnine customer. I don't really understand why people are hating Hostnine so much. Really, if you want a crap experience there is a host that starts with a Go and ends with Daddy.com that'll make your head spin.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    34

    *

    Plus, 1 week is not much to call it a review
    I agree. Looks like another one on hostnine's payroll.

    I don't really understand why people are hating Hostnine so much
    We don't hate them, it's the service, reliability and support of hostnine's that are bad.

    Just give it sometime, you'll find out the hard way that hostnine should be avoided at all costs or it will cost you.

    A good company's service and support are tested when the sh*t hits the fan not when the water is smooth.

    And Host nine failed miserably and caused me the greatest emotional and financial damage I had experienced in years.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Journalist View Post
    I agree. Looks like another one on hostnine's payroll.



    We don't hate them, it's the service, reliability and support of hostnine's that are bad.

    Just give it sometime, you'll find out the hard way that hostnine should be avoided at all costs or it will cost you.

    A good company's service and support are tested when the sh*t hits the fan not when the water is smooth.

    And Host nine failed miserably and caused me the greatest emotional and financial damage I had experienced in years.
    I'm not a new person with Hostnine. I have run my hosting business with them for almost 1 year.

    I don't know what to tell you about your bad experience. It hasn't been mine.

    And I'm not on their payroll.

    Adam

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    500
    1 week is a very short amount of time to give any type of review: either positive or negative.

    Yes there maybe people who have good experiences, but since some are using WHMCS, I can tell you haven't been there that long.

    Hostnine says they will keep you informed via ResellerCentral, but when you notice a node is down, there is no information and when you tell them about it, they don't care, all I ever got was well it's back up now.

    Changes accounts from 1 server to another, often fails. There backup system is useless, as they claim they are trying to find the last backup but never do.

    When you try to get a dedicated IP address for certain places like Singapore, UK and certain US places, they don't allow it, they force you to choose between few US places.

    Support is horrible. Their attitudes and don't care attitudes is what most people go on about. They forget they are there because of the clients. Treating customers with respect is something the lost with all the hype.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Journalist View Post
    I agree. Looks like another one on hostnine's payroll.



    We don't hate them, it's the service, reliability and support of hostnine's that are bad.

    Just give it sometime, you'll find out the hard way that hostnine should be avoided at all costs or it will cost you.

    A good company's service and support are tested when the sh*t hits the fan not when the water is smooth.

    And Host nine failed miserably and caused me the greatest emotional and financial damage I had experienced in years.
    That's why you will not give us a ticket number where you had this "horrible" service right?

    Honestly enough is enough.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    34

    *

    Hostnine says they will keep you informed via ResellerCentral, but when you notice a node is down, there is no information and when you tell them about it, they don't care, all I ever got was well it's back up now.

    Changes accounts from 1 server to another, often fails. There backup system is useless, as they claim they are trying to find the last backup but never do.

    When you try to get a dedicated IP address for certain places like Singapore, UK and certain US places, they don't allow it, they force you to choose between few US places.

    Support is horrible. Their attitudes and don't care attitudes is what most people go on about. They forget they are there because of the clients. Treating customers with respect is something the lost with all the hype.
    I couldn't have said it better.

  22. #22
    I think "everybody" and I say everybody meaning the people that can't back down, need to chill out!

    I have been with HostNine for well over 6 months now, and I have had a few issues, in perticular with one support staff, but I have noticed that things are really starting to improve with HostNine, I had a problem which I do admit was my fault, but I was lucky enough to have Ben the Operations Manager, which sorted it all out in no time! I think HostNine have had growing pains with their fast success, but I look to still stay with HostNine and support them as they support me!

    As I read through the posts made by multiple people, it is like these forums are being used to "bully" hostnine... I understand WHT is for poeple to discuss Web Hosting, but not made to make nasty comments about personal matters regarding members of HostNine.

    Lets all just step back and take a look? It's always clearer when you can see a bigger picture, right?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Journalist View Post
    I agree. Looks like another one on hostnine's payroll.
    Unless you have proof of this I would suggest keeping your accusations to yourself.

    Then on the other hand if you DO have proof you should report the post to a moderator.

    These type of accusations do nothing but stir up trouble.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The PitLane
    Posts
    2,874
    I would rather see facts than accusations.

    I have had some but very little dealings with Host9

    I do not feel I can comment accurately on there technical skills / technical services, but what I can say is:
    For me I found there customer service/dealing with me to be 'much better than many'.

    I do not consider myself an easy customer, I have accounts with a couple of hosts, and my 'bench mark' is Blue Who, one of the best 'reseller' hosts around in terms of service (technical & customer).

    So please can we have less accusations & more facts, otherwise we are doing not just Host9, but also WHT a diservice.

    BTW, I'm on nobody's PayRoll, but open to offers - -
    .
    _____________________________________________________________
    - There are many types of Marmalade -

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    I would rather see facts than accusations.

    I have had some but very little dealings with Host9

    I do not feel I can comment accurately on there technical skills / technical services, but what I can say is:
    For me I found there customer service/dealing with me to be 'much better than many'.

    I do not consider myself an easy customer, I have accounts with a couple of hosts, and my 'bench mark' is Blue Who, one of the best 'reseller' hosts around in terms of service (technical & customer).

    So please can we have less accusations & more facts, otherwise we are doing not just Host9, but also WHT a diservice.

    BTW, I'm on nobody's PayRoll, but open to offers - -
    .
    How do you know they are accusations and not facts? Nobody can know this besides the parties involved and both reveal it.

    Secondly mine is based on facts.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,987
    How do you know they are accusations and not facts?
    Perhaps it is because until something is proven it is either an opinion or an accusation.
    Last edited by JohnJ; 01-17-2008 at 12:29 PM.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The PitLane
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by boldoutlook View Post
    How do you know they are accusations and not facts? Nobody can know this besides the parties involved and both reveal it.

    Secondly mine is based on facts.
    Well I expressly did not 'select' you or any specific poster to comment on, but in response to your reply.
    Most of your post is 'stated as fact' ie you refer to 'I' which is fine, your making statements of your experience, which is what I/we want.
    However when you say things like:
    "When you try to get a dedicated IP address for certain places like Singapore, UK and certain US places, they don't allow it, they force you to choose between few US places."
    You are using 'you' in the plaural sense, so you are speaking for 'all host9 clients', which you obviously cannot do, so us poor readers can only conclude it is 'your opinion' of what happens to all host9 clients.

    I'm not picking on you, I'm simply asking that people express statements of there experiences, rather than simply say things like:
    'another one on host9's payroll'
    which realy does not help anybody.
    _____________________________________________________________
    - There are many types of Marmalade -

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    Well I expressly did not 'select' you or any specific poster to comment on, but in response to your reply.
    Most of your post is 'stated as fact' ie you refer to 'I' which is fine, your making statements of your experience, which is what I/we want.
    However when you say things like:
    "When you try to get a dedicated IP address for certain places like Singapore, UK and certain US places, they don't allow it, they force you to choose between few US places."
    You are using 'you' in the plaural sense, so you are speaking for 'all host9 clients', which you obviously cannot do, so us poor readers can only conclude it is 'your opinion' of what happens to all host9 clients.

    I'm not picking on you, I'm simply asking that people express statements of there experiences, rather than simply say things like:
    'another one on host9's payroll'
    which realy does not help anybody.
    Actually, you got it wrong. It is not my opinion, it is fact. Asked them for a dedicated IP address they only allow 2 locations. So, logically all other clients would have the same problem.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by boldoutlook View Post
    Actually, you got it wrong. It is not my opinion, it is fact. Asked them for a dedicated IP address they only allow 2 locations. So, logically all other clients would have the same problem.
    Do you have any ticket numbers related to your IP requests? I know we had trouble getting IP's in Singapore but as far as I know we haven't had any issues in any of the US or UK locations.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by hostnine View Post
    Do you have any ticket numbers related to your IP requests? I know we had trouble getting IP's in Singapore but as far as I know we haven't had any issues in any of the US or UK locations.
    I can't find the ticket number, but I was told only 2 US locations, I believe Iowa and another. I'm still looking.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by boldoutlook View Post
    I can't find the ticket number, but I was told only 2 US locations, I believe Iowa and another. I'm still looking.
    Please do or you can PM me your main domain name. Whoever told you that is in serious trouble as that is completely inaccurate. We fulfill IP requests constantly for the 10 locations we offer. The only one we have ever had a problem with was Singapore as stated before.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The PitLane
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by boldoutlook View Post
    Actually, you got it wrong. It is not my opinion, it is fact. Asked them for a dedicated IP address they only allow 2 locations. So, logically all other clients would have the same problem.
    I'm very sorry but, I am unable to mind read, I apologise, like most readers I can only read what is writen, not what you thought you wrote.

    I'm very glad to see that, host9 & you appear to be getting some clarification of the problems you experienced, this should enable them to be resolved eventualy, or if it is too late for that, at least host9 will know where they need to 'try harder' in the future, and you will know that host9 does not suit you.
    _____________________________________________________________
    - There are many types of Marmalade -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •