Thread: Botnet Found...

Botnet Found...

Our Security Technician found yesterday a 200 user botnet on a hidden IRC server and was able to quickly email the compromised systems information (just hostname) to our abuse email. So today i spent the last 2 hours sending emails off to web hosting companies, educational institutions and corporate companies telling them that their systems have been compromised, we regulary email out systems we have found compromised. The thing that stuns me is that most of the systems we found compromised on IRC are dedicated lines between 10MBPS to 1GBPS... I found a few hosting companies and will list them so they can be found by them:

lvps212-241-192-85.vps.webfusion.co.uk
    wp056.webpack.hosteurope.de
    wp097.webpack.hosteurope.de
    wp049.webpack.hosteurope.de
    wp055.webpack.hosteurope.de
    m2.wrango.com - Dedicated Server with NetworkSolutions
    server1.hostfree.com.br

Good find hopefully we see some response from the owners of these systems.

Pretty small botnet

You should get an auto-emailer and just copy->paste emails into it to have it send out the emails

You should get an auto-emailer and just copy->paste emails into it to have it send out the emails
    Or not bother because nothing will happen anyway.

i only listed the hosting companies infected... I had sent out the other emails to corporate bodies and educational institutions who were also infected...

It may be a small IRC, but it sure sounds powerful if you're right saying the lines varied from 10mbps to 1gbps?

Ouch.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I am sure outright saying that most of them were 10MBPS up to 1GBPS! Though you wouldn't be suprised because like i said, most of them were 1. Corporate Servers 2. Educational Institutions 3. Web Hosting Companies