* Qoozz Shared Hosting w/ SiteBuilder + ROR + Remote Backups | Quote Your Own Package

Hi, Qoozz Webhosting is offering the following shared webhosting deals:

*All new accounts will be hosted on Quad Core Intel Woodcrest servers with CSF Firewall installed.

Shared Hosting
    -----------------

--Standard Package--
    5GB Space
    50GB Bandwidth
    Unlimited Features (emails, etc.)
    Cpanel | Free Fantastico | Free RVSkins | RVSiteBuilder Pro
    Ruby on Rails
    PHP 4 | PHP 5 Hosting
    *Free 1000 Templates + 98 PHP-CGI Scripts
    *Free Remote Backups
    **Ability to Split Account onto Multiple Servers
    *Free Domain Reseller Account
    99.9% Uptime Guaranteed
    Priced at $5/mth
    https://client.qoozz.com/signup.php?package=55

--"Quote Your Own" Packages--
    Your Desired Space
    Your Desired Bandwdith
    Your Desired Price (Monthly|Yearly)
    *Free Remote Backups included

Need a custom package? Submit a quote for the above to support[at]qoozz.com or at our helpdesk (http://helpdesk.qoozz.com) and we'll get you started right away.

*All packages come with unlimited features and also a 30 day money back gaurantee.
    *Remote backups are configured weekly for all our clients across all our servers.
    *Tomcat|JSP hosting, FFMPEG Hosting, Shared SSL & Ruby on Rails are included on our servers.
    *Server switching is allowed anytime whenever you feel that you're not satisfied with the current uptime/speeds of the servers your current account is sitting on.
    *CSF Firewall is installed across all our servers to protect all clients against any brute force type attacks and dictionary attacks

Payment Methods:
    Paypal and all major Credit Cards are accepted. For other payment methods, please contact us.

Uptime Stats:
    Click Here

Customer Reviews:
    http://www.qoozz.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
    ----
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...6&postcount=16
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...2&postcount=18
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...6&postcount=20
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...38#post4835538
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...7&postcount=29
    http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=550116
    http://webhostingtalk.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=11
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...06&postcount=2
    ----

Questions? Feel free to email us at sales[at]qoozz.com or submit a ticket at our helpdesk: http://helpdesk.qoozz.com

For more information, visit
    Qoozz Webhosting

After letting my last server go last year I needed a host for a small blog and I came across Qoozz and I decided to give them a try. I was happy with them other than a few minor issues that were not very clear on their site/fourm like backups. I understood that they did backup 3 times a week which is not very good for most people. But not really a issue for be as I am always going to have my own backups But I did an upgrade for Drupal and it had a few problem so I was going to just have them do a quick restore. Nice and fast in WHM so I asked for a restore and I got this reply:
    -= Support Ticket: 1425 Subject: Full restore Created: 09/12/2007 09:10:46 am =-
    "The backups we make are for the server as a whole. Individual backups are being made by our DC and they charge a fee to retrieve the backups. The last available backup that we currently have is from your previous transfer from the PHP4 server."
    I did not see any mention of a fee on the site or fourm. I have been with them since June 2006 and the only person who replies to tickets and in the forum is Leslie which makes me think one man operation. Which I would not have a problem with if I knew that ahead a time since most of the time I can support myself.

For the first 5 months service was good and there were no problems to speak of. I started to have some issues late in December and one day things just got bad and I could not reach the server, no ping either. I needed to do some things on the server to my nephews business site and I just could not get through, even ping from other networks even. When I did get through I had mysql errors everywhere.

When I got a reply from Leslie, which is the only person who ever replies to any requests. I was told everything was fixed: which they were not. I never could get any real answer to what was going on the server other than if you want to be moved to another server we can move you. Which just irks me to know end. If there is an issue or if they really are not sure yet just say so. I also found out during this as I tried to post an image of most of the services down from cpanel and my Mysql errors in their forum that all posts must be approved; so that post never made it to their forums.

Since things were going good for awhile before this issue I made the unforgiveable mistake of paying in advance instead of monthly so now I have an account I can test for another 5-6 months. Needless to say I no longer have any working sites there just testing stuff..

Beaware! Always backup and never pay for more then a month. And remember just becauce there are nothing bad in the hosts forums doen not mean there aare not any problem post being made.

Bob
    Last edited by sitekeeper; 01-05-2008 at 11:42 AM. Reason: clicked wrong button opps
    Sitekeeper
    Google

Quote Originally Posted by sitekeeper View Post
    After letting my last server go last year I needed a host for a small blog and I came across Qoozz and I decided to give them a try. I was happy with them other than a few minor issues that were not very clear on their site/fourm like backups. I understood that they did backup 3 times a week which is not very good for most people. But not really a issue for be as I am always going to have my own backups But I did an upgrade for Drupal and it had a few problem so I was going to just have them do a quick restore. Nice and fast in WHM so I asked for a restore and I got this reply:
    "The backups we make are for the server as a whole. Individual backups are being made by our DC and they charge a fee to retrieve the backups. The last available backup that we currently have is from your previous transfer from the PHP4 server
    Currently, we do have backups of all individual accounts hosted across all our servers. In your situation, you requested a transfer from one server to another, and the last backup of your account would be on the previous server.

For the first 5 months service was good and there were no problems to speak of. I started to have some issues late in December and one day things just got bad and I could not reach the server, no ping either. I needed to do some things on the server to my nephews business site and I just could not get through, even ping from other networks even. When I did get through I had mysql errors everywhere.
    We've showed you, through a third party DNS ping, that all your sites were responding and no there was no downtime recorded on the server. One thing that could be the problem for you reaching our servers is our installed firewall, which is why we requested your ISP IP, which you refused to provide us with after many responses.

I also found out during this as I tried to post an image of most of the services down from cpanel and my Mysql errors in their forum that all posts must be approved; so that post never made it to their forums.
    Due to spamming, our moderators will have to monitor posts made on the forums. Your post is still available on our forums and it was identical to the ones you PMed and also the tickets you submitted. I believe all your issues here have been attended to.

Needless to say I no longer have any working sites there just testing stuff
    Currently, we do not see any opened tickets or recently submitted tickets us. If there is, let me know of the ticket ID. If you're encountering any problems, we would also require cooperation on your part.

We've showed you, through a third party DNS ping, that all your sites were responding and no there was no downtime recorded on the server. One thing that could be the problem for you reaching our servers is our installed firewall, which is why we requested your ISP IP, which you refused to provide us with after many responses.
    And all the places I tried including DNS stuff showed it being down. If I can get into cPanel but can't get to my website I don't see how csf+lfd is blocking me.
    Due to spamming, our moderators will have to monitor posts made on the forums. Your post is still available on our forums and it was identical to the ones you PMed and also the tickets you submitted. I believe all your issues here have been attended to.
    I only tried to post in the forum because you disabled "submit ticket" in my client login. So If WHM/cPanel says services are/were down and I can't ping it from at least 3 dfferent places they are all wrong!
    Currently, we do not see any opened tickets or recently submitted tickets us. If there is, let me know of the ticket ID. If you're encountering any problems, we would also require cooperation on your part.
    Why woud I open a ticket for an account I won't use! So I am sure you don't have any open. This is just an informational post to help members of WHT. I plan no further debate on who's ping was right and such.

Bob
    Sitekeeper
    Google

And all the places I tried including DNS stuff showed it being down. If I can get into cPanel but can't get to my website I don't see how csf+lfd is blocking me.
    At the point of submission of your ticket, we ping the server's IP as you suggested and we pasted the results in our response to your ticket, showing that the server was reachable at that point in time. We're able to access your sites at that point in time too, which is why we suggested you to provide us with your IP so that we can verify where the existing underlying problem is.

I only tried to post in the forum because you disabled "submit ticket" in my client login. So If WHM/cPanel says services are/were down and I can't ping it from at least 3 dfferent places they are all wrong!
    In your tickets, you didn't show us where you're pinging the services from. The services on the server were all running smoothly at that point in time. If you could provide us with substantial elements, we can then look further into why you're experiencing these issues.

At the point of submission of your ticket, we ping the server's IP as you suggested and we pasted the results in our response to your ticket, showing that the server was reachable at that point in time. We're able to access your sites at that point in time too, which is why we suggested you to provide us with your IP so that we can verify where the existing underlying problem is.
    Ticket below!
    Submitted: 30/12/2007 12:59:35 pm
    Opened Ticket: What issues are going on on the server 65.99.194.11 Had problems gettting to http, FTP mysql errors?

digitalclue.com
    xxxxx*********** xxx out by me for this post my Nephews site!

Thanks
    Bob

END
    ==========================================
    REPLY from Qoozz
    Submitted: 30/12/2007 02:25:09 pm
    Time between events: 1 hr 25 mins

Hi,

The problem have been resolved. Could you check if everything is working now

END

==========================

In your tickets, you didn't show us where you're pinging the services from. The services on the server were all running smoothly at that point in time. If you could provide us with substantial elements, we can then look further into why you're experiencing these issues.
    Submitted: 30/12/2007 09:31:02 pm
    Time between events: 24 mins
    That is/was not the problem as other places I tried on the web to trace, ping to also failed.

A good example: http://centralops.net/co/DomainDossier.aspx showed HTTP as not responding.

END

This is where you (Qoozz's) kept asking for my IPS's IP block because the firewall was blocking me.
    As I said before: "I plan no further debate on who's ping was right and such"

Bob
    Sitekeeper
    Google

It seems that you didn't post our responses to the ping and we do not why you're not doing so. This is the following response to the link you posted above which shows nothing amissed:

----
    1 1 0 1 70.84.211.97 61.d3.5446.static.theplanet.com
    2 0 0 0 70.84.160.162 vl2.dsr02.dllstx5.theplanet.com
    3 0 0 0 70.85.127.109 po52.dsr02.dllstx3.theplanet.com
    4 0 0 0 70.87.253.29 et5-2.ibr04.dllstx3.theplanet.com
    5 140 2 7 4.71.122.1 te-3-1.car4.dallas1.level3.net
    6 0 1 0 4.68.19.3 ae-11-69.car1.dallas1.level3.net
    7 1 1 1 8.9.232.74 colo4-dalla.car1.dallas1.level3.net
    8 1 1 1 206.123.64.26 ge-1-1.core1.colo4dallas.net
    9 1 1 1 65.99.244.18
    10 1 1 1 72.249.17.56
    11 1 1 1 65.99.194.11 server.aoozz.com
    ----

This is not a debate on who's right or wrong. In all situations, there is always 2 sides of the story, and WHT members should know about it. If you would like to go on attacking us or threaten us as specified in your ticket, then there's nothing much we can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown View Post
    This is not a debate on who's right or wrong. In all situations, there is always 2 sides of the story, and WHT members should know about it. If you would like to go on attacking us or threaten us as specified in your ticket, then there's nothing much we can do about it.
    You are correct; this is not a debate, testing the URL I gave you 6 hours after the fact is not going to show much. And me saying in a ticket that I was going to post a review of your services (I never mentioned WHT) is hardly a threat!

So I paid for your services and I do not care for it. I still have a right to express my felling of your service.

Bob
    Sitekeeper
    Google

You are correct; this is not a debate, testing the URL I gave you 6 hours after the fact is not going to show much.
    I believe this is with reference to ticket ID 1493. The time when you said that your httpd was not functioning with the link as reference was this:

----
    Submitted: 30/12/2007 09:31:02 pm
    ----

And we supplied our response with the results of our test at this time:

----
    Submitted: 30/12/2007 09:39:34 pm
    ----

Between the URL given and testing of the results, it was actually 8 minutes in between.

And me saying in a ticket that I was going to post a review of your services (I never mentioned WHT) is hardly a threat!
    I didn't mentioned it was WHT too nor did I mentioned any specific sites you were going to. I can post the entire response here but there will be no end to our debate at the end of the day.

So I paid for your services and I do not care for it. I still have a right to express my felling of your service.
    Yes, we understand you're trying to vent your feelings towards us. Nobody is perfect in this world and it is not an easy task, and I believe to most webhosting companies, to keep every single client happy and satisfied. If you've experienced any forms of inconvenience for one reason or another, I on behalf of the company, would like to sincerely apologise for this.

Getting some of the same issues here. I have had nothing but trouble getting access to both my mail server and domains since I signed on with Qoozz. Was told 'its your ISP, its your ISP.'

Its not my ISP. At first, I thought it was the CSF Firewall but, Leslie told me a firewall is Not installed on my server.

All issues are on their end or, that of the data center. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with my ISP after I was unable to connect to my mail server...again. They did several trace routes and it ALWAYS drops off at 72.249.17.56.

IP Address 72.249.17.56
    Colo4Dallas LP COLO4-BLK2 (NET-72-249-0-0-1)
    72.249.0.0 - 72.249.191.255
    Select Solutions, LLC COLO4-SSL-81-020707-01 (NET-72-249-17-0-1)
    72.249.17.0 - 72.249.17.127

My IP's, 72.249.44.141 and 72.249.44.142, also contain the same whois info [oddly enough].

Strange how the issue begins at a location with a similar IP address... don't you think?

All I ask is that:

1. Please be upfront with clients. There is nothing more undesirable then being told 'the issue is on you not us,' only to find out otherwise.

2. Fix the issue

If I can take the time to investigate the issue then so can 'you.'

I thank your for your time and consideration in advance.

Mods,

this thread is going out of topic. should be moved
    Roi

Quote Originally Posted by demsd View Post
    Its not my ISP. At first, I thought it was the CSF Firewall but, Leslie told me a firewall is Not installed on my server.
    Your account is not placed under a server with firewall enabled.

1. Please be upfront with clients. There is nothing more undesirable then being told 'the issue is on you not us,' only to find out otherwise.
    Based on your ticket with us, there wasn't any direct accusation where the problem lies in. You were asked to perform traceroute results so we can verify where it hops to.

2. Fix the issue

If I can take the time to investigate the issue then so can 'you.'

I thank your for your time and consideration in advance.
    We believe that we have provided you with certain results from different locations. We're still looking into this issue but we need results from your end to see where the problem arises from. We do not know where you're getting the notion that we're not investigating into this issue and it really surprises me that you've such a statement since your last response was only submitted less than an hour ago.

OK... not a firewall. Then what is it? Server configurations? Data Center issue? You tell me.

I have opened several tickets regarding the issue over the last 7 days and had to reopen tickets and I have got nowhere. I have done traceroutes and pings, my ISP has done the same and has figured out where the issue Begins. All I ask is that it is fixed. I don't think I am asking much.

What is odd is that after posting in a support ticket everything is hunky-dory for a little while. Even more so, what is really frustrating is that I only got a response to my most recent support ticket after responding to this thread. Does support take a very long break after a certain time of night?

And why do you require all posts in your forums to be moderated?? I never see any negative comments there. Heck, I don't even see the post I made regarding the issue there but mysteriously I received a response.

Your account is not placed under a server with firewall enabled.

Based on your ticket with us, there wasn't any direct accusation where the problem lies in. You were asked to perform traceroute results so we can verify where it hops to.

We believe that we have provided you with certain results from different locations. We're still looking into this issue but we need results from your end to see where the problem arises from. We do not know where you're getting the notion that we're not investigating into this issue and it really surprises me that you've such a statement since your last response was only submitted less than an hour ago.
    Last edited by demsd; 01-15-2008 at 02:29 AM.

By the way... I have provided several traceroutes, including screen shots. Don't turn this around on me.

OK... not a firewall. Then what is it? Server configurations? Data Center issue? You tell me.

I have opened several tickets regarding the issue over the last 7 days and had to reopen tickets and I have got nowhere. I have done traceroutes and pings, my ISP has done the same and has figured out where the issue Begins. All I ask is that it is fixed. I don't think I am asking much.
    This ticket was submitted on the 13th, so 7 days would seem a little too exaggerating. I know you want this to be fixed, but so do we. We can only resolve these issues based on the responses we can get.

What is odd is that after posting in a support ticket everything is hunky-dory for a little while. Even more so, what is really frustrating is that I only got a response to my most recent support ticket after responding to this thread. Does support take a very long break after a certain time of night?

And why do you require all posts in your forums to be moderated?? I never see any negative comments there. Heck, I don't even see the post I made regarding the issue there but mysteriously I received a response.
    Most of your tickets were responded within the hour or 2 hour mark. In your issue here, we have to check your IPs to see if they are being blocked on the DC end which will incur delays. We receive heavy spams on our forums from spam bots, although a captcha system is in placed, which is why all posts have to moderated. Your post is still intact in our forums.

By the way... I have provided several traceroutes, including screen shots. Don't turn this around on me.
    I do not see the point in having this outburst and putting words into our mouths here. Assumptions can be made but please provide validations for them before doing so. You've only recently signup with us and DNS propagation here plays a major role from the time the nameservers are reverted. We believe that your issue here has already been resolved when your ticket was submitted. This place is by no means a support forum so please use the appropriate medium for your support issues.

This ticket was submitted on the 13th, so 7 days would seem a little too exaggerating. I know you want this to be fixed, but so do we. We can only resolve these issues based on the responses we can get.
    Which ticket... there is more than one that had been opened regarding the issue? Fact is, the issue was there over the course of the 7 days and only was resolved after posting here [Thank You!!].

Most of your tickets were responded within the hour or 2 hour mark. In your issue here, we have to check your IPs to see if they are being blocked on the DC end which will incur delays. We receive heavy spams on our forums from spam bots, although a captcha system is in placed, which is why all posts have to moderated. Your post is still intact in our forums.
    I could open a ticket at 10PM EST and not get an answer for more than 2 hours. Support is not there 24 straight hours a day.

At any rate, it would server you better to not make excuses for your mistakes. When there is an issue, respond accordingly and do everything in your power to correct it and we both can walk around with smiles on our faces.

Your wrong. The issue was not resolved until the day After I posted here at WHT. I was online until 2-3AM EST that night and when I logged off, it still was not fixed. That being said, the DNS was changed on January 7th - the day I signed up. It does not take 5-6 days for DNS propagation. My ISP clears DNS cache twice daily. The issue was a data center issue which is out of my hands and I should not have had to deal with it for 5-6 days and then post here to get it fixed.

One thing I have learned is to never blame the customer for my issues. Please don't do blame me... I am not at fault here.

No hard feelings here... Thank you Brown!!

I do not see the point in having this outburst and putting words into our mouths here. Assumptions can be made but please provide validations for them before doing so. You've only recently signup with us and DNS propagation here plays a major role from the time the nameservers are reverted. We believe that your issue here has already been resolved when your ticket was submitted. This place is by no means a support forum so please use the appropriate medium for your support issues.

Which ticket... there is more than one that had been opened regarding the issue? Fact is, the issue was there over the course of the 7 days and only was resolved after posting here [Thank You!!].

I could open a ticket at 10PM EST and not get an answer for more than 2 hours. Support is not there 24 straight hours a day.

At any rate, it would server you better to not make excuses for your mistakes. When there is an issue, respond accordingly and do everything in your power to correct it and we both can walk around with smiles on our faces.

Yes, numerous tickets were submitted by you within the space of a few days. This whole conversation here started because you specified you weren't able to access your site, so the only relevant ticket I can see is #1552. You posted a ticket, based on the second incident when you won't able to access your site, it was on:

15/01/2008 12:44:43 pm

, and you started your post here at 01-15-2008, 01:01 PM, which is 17mins apart and all this happened within a day or an hour so I do not know where you're getting the 7 days from. All issues require a certain amount of time to resolve, especially when this is a DNS issue. Your answer was however dealt with at this point in time:

15/01/2008 01:43:29 pm

Support is not there 24 straight hours a day.
    This would be interesting here. Please provide more substantial evidence on this so I can see if this is a truth or whether you're just plain attacking us.

I was online until 2-3AM EST that night and when I logged off, it still was not fixed.
    In your ticket response shortly after your post here (15/01/2008 02:14:27 pm), your response indicated that your sites were viewable by you again. We subsequently asked you to do a traceroute, which you provided with the results, and it confirmed that you were able to reach the servers.

Now you're saying "when I logged off, it still was not fixed", so are you implying that all your responses provided on that night were incorrect?

That being said, the DNS was changed on January 7th - the day I signed up. It does not take 5-6 days for DNS propagation. My ISP clears DNS cache twice daily. The issue was a data center issue which is out of my hands and I should not have had to deal with it for 5-6 days and then post here to get it fixed.
    DNS was changed on the 8th based on the registry records and yes, DNS propagation should have completed, and we provided some tests on your sites to show that they were accessible on most locations except on your end. You ISP range of IPs were not blocked as indicated by our DC. Again as posted in my previous post, the ticket you submitted on this issue with regards to your post here was resolved shortly after. 5-6 days was the time duration you signup with us and we believe that your sites were working at that point in time based on the date your ticket was submitted. Please state the facts right.

One thing I have learned is to never blame the customer for my issues. Please don't do blame me... I am not at fault here.

No hard feelings here... Thank you Brown!!
    I had a quick look at your ticket again and did not find any direct accusations on you, and we do not make any on our clients. I'm not going to take this issue lightly at all and I believe it would be the same if someone is going to do so to you too. If you want to make us to look bad, we cannot stop you, but please provide with the correct facts and substantial elements to back it up.
    Last edited by Brown; 01-18-2008 at 03:29 AM.