Limit outgoing emails from clients in VPS

We plan to take a Linux VPS. We want to enforce a limit on number of outgoing emails on each cPanel a/c (or each domain)

How can we do that?

cPanel/WHM allows you to set the maximum number of emails each domain can send out per hour. You can configure it via its interface. I'm not sure how effective this is for locally generated emails such as from PHP scripts (probably it ignores them) but you could configure these to use SMTP-Authentication if you want to limit those too.
    Andrew Cranson, Director of Operations
    Layershift Fully Managed Cloud Hosting :: WizzVPS Cheap Unmanaged VPS :: UK, USA, Singapore
    Jelastic :: Next generation PaaS - UK Java & PHP Hosting
    True 24x7 Technical Support - peace of mind around the clock!

Since you have cpanel, you can find the option to do so in your root WHM under "Tweak Settings" -> "Mail" -> " The maximum each domain can send out per hour (0 is unlimited)". It works to a certain extend, but for PHP scripts, the mails seem to be able to exceed this limit.

Hmm. Thanks. I will have a look. Anyway to block even the PHP script outgoing mails?

in WHM under "Tweak Settings" you can Prevent the user 'nobody' from sending out mail. All users would then have to make sure their PHP scripts were written to use SMTP authentication.

And immediately above that you can limit the number of emails per domain/hour.
    Graham Craig

"IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT."

Okie! Cool! Thanks.

I cannot see the option Tweak Settings in the WHM demo on cpanel.net. Probably it is disabled for demo