New Hosting Question?

Right now I am using BlueHost for my company's community website, Gloom Magazine. I've be extremely happy with BlueHost and mainly for their awesome customer service. I recently got an offer to partner with someone in creating and running an adult content website. One thing BlueHost doesn't do is host these kinds of sites. So what I am looking for is a larger hosting company that offers shared hosting, 24/7 free phone support and also offers dedicated servers for when the site outgrows the shared hosting.

I mainly want a hosting company my site can grow with and I don't like the idea of changing hosting companies if I don't have too. I've used so many hosts in the past and out of all the host I still think BlueHost is the best for my budget. So if any of you know a hosting company like BlueHost that allows adult content let me know. Thanks

You can try WHT's Find A Host feature. I'm sure you know this, but never, ever choose a web host without doing some research here.

Here's the link for the Shared Hosting Offers.

That's all.

cris
    Last edited by sirius; 01-06-2008 at 12:23 AM.
    I've been using HostGator for 38 months.. and it's been awesome.
    Get The Maximum HostGator Discount With These HostGator Coupons!

As suggested above, start looking from the offer section. That will help you to make a list of hosts that will fit into your needs.
    How much disk space and bandwidth do you think you will need to start with and what you think about the budget?
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

I would like to have something like the below for about $10-$20 a month at first:
    Disk Storage 3000-600 GB
    Gigs of Site Transfer 6,000 GB/mo

hostgator allows adult content. They also have shared, semi dedicated, and dedicated hosting. they're one of the few hosts with top-of-the-line hosting that gets great reviews.
    I'm currently hosting with: hostgator

Honestly, with that kind of usage, you shouldn't try unloading on a shared server.

Dedicated is your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Swivelhost - Paul View Post
    Honestly, with that kind of usage, you shouldn't try unloading on a shared server.

Dedicated is your best bet.
    At first the site will not have that kind of usage. Unless it turns out like my Gloom Magazine site which exceeded it's CPU on a daily basis the first month of being up.

Quote Originally Posted by dave-dave View Post
    hostgator allows adult content. They also have shared, semi dedicated, and dedicated hosting. they're one of the few hosts with top-of-the-line hosting that gets great reviews.
    I checked them out but that lame gator logo and silly hosting plan names makes it hard for me to take them serious. You know what I mean?

OK after looking at HostGator I think I might go with them. Has anyone dealt with them before?

search around. hostgator is quite known to be a good host.

I agree with that kind of usuage you would be better off getting a dedicated box. Or if you have to go with a semi-dedicated seems like tad bit to much for shared hosting.I have used hostgator in the past but wasnt that happy with the speed but was normaly stable. Check out the offers section usualy some good deals in there
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>