Thread: cPanel Licenses

cPanel Licenses

I'm going to need ~5 cPanel VPS licenses in the near future. I've seen data centers getting these licenses at around $7 compared to the normal $15. Does anyone know where I can purchase these licenses at that price?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sly596 View Post
    I'm going to need ~5 cPanel VPS licenses in the near future. I've seen data centers getting these licenses at around $7 compared to the normal $15. Does anyone know where I can purchase these licenses at that price?

Thanks!
    There are two different types of cPanel licenses - internal and external. In terms of VPS's, external licenses are the $15/mo ones and can be sold by distributors to be used by anyone, on any server. Internal licenses are usually <$11/mo, but, can only be sold to customers for use on the companies own IP space.

To get the lower pricing, you'll need to talk to your datacentre and see if they offer cPanel VPS licenses. If they don't, I'm afraid your only option is to pay the $15/mo (partnering with cPanel requires a 75 license minimum).
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

I see, thanks for the info.