Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* ServeraSuite New Year Sale - Only $20.08!!

That's right folks you read that right!

For the next 3 days only, we're giving you a chance to get your hands on the 5 star award winning server monitoring software, ServeraSuite 2007, for an amazing price of only $20.08!!

We're ringing in the new 2008 year, with an offer like you've never seen!

Regular Price: $89.99 (one time)
    Your Price: $20.08! (one time)

ServeraSuite 2007 Features
    • Unlimited Server groups
    • Unlimited custom and standard port monitors
    • Tiered Notification
    • Seperate addres book per server
    • Email templates to customize tiered notification info
    • Custom SSH port ability
    • Tasktray popup notification
    • Sound and voice notification
    • Email notification
    • Server load balance monitoring
    • Top 5 running process
    • Event logs
    • Event log archive
    • NO additional server costs
    • NO scripts to upload
    • FREE Upgrades!
    • Runs right from your desktop!
    • Servera StatSync integration - monitor even when you close ServeraSuite, 365 days a year, 24 hours per day, and put your stats on your website with a dynamic uptime button.
    • RESTART & REBOOT Servers & Services
    • and more!

Read more: http://www.avidinteractive.com/products/servera/

If you've been waiting to see what professional server monitoring is all about, you've waited for the right time!

Bonus
    As an additional bonus, for ordering within the next 24 hours, we will throw in Servera StatSync absolutely FREE for 1 year ($60 value).

Give your customers the peace of mind knowing that you monitor your servers with ServeraSuite.

More Information
    ServeraSuite Product Page

Order Today
    http://www.avidinteractive.com/softc...?product_id=25

Coupon Code
    NewYear2008

As always we look forward to welcoming you to the avidInteractive family!
    Mark - Owner/Lead Designer
    avidInteractive
    Lead vocalist for Circle7: Circle7 on MTV

For the server reboots that require root user status, does it allow the user to su to root if direct root login is disabled?

From the screen shots it will even email my DC for a reboot request if the server is down? Did I see that correctly?

jdk, the current version of ServeraSuite does not have the ability to su into the server. However, this will be a key feature of ServeraSuite 2008 (first quarter release eta).

ServeraSuite can contact the datacenter, that is correct.
    avidInteractive

Hi Mark,

I almost click the Checkout Now button right before I saw the following in the TOS agreement :-

6. Export Law Assurances.

The End-User agrees that the Software is to be used only in the United States and the Software will not be transferred or exported, directly or indirectly, outside the U.S.
    Now' I'm not sure should I buy the software because I'm not staying in the US. Kindly please advice.

Thanks.

Hello,
    I actually ha the pleasure of using this software.. I only seen a few issues.

My question Mark is can this be sent to all of our techs for one version or do we have to buy many installs?

Hey gzola, I have to thank you for reading the TOS. You would be surprised at how many folks do not.

This portion of the TOS agreement was updated by our attorney, but has not been updated on the website yet.

The official EULA is here:
    http://www.avidinteractive.com/eulas...suite_eula.pdf

You are free to use outside of the US.
    avidInteractive

Quote Originally Posted by VAGU-Jeffrey
    Hello,
    I actually ha the pleasure of using this software.. I only seen a few issues.

My question Mark is can this be sent to all of our techs for one version or do we have to buy many installs?
    At this time, you need a seperate license for each install. However, we cover this when the customer needs it, and issue the appropriate licenses necessary to cover it.

Please keep in mind that we will be releasing a staff mini-client as well, which will allow companies to redistribute to their staff workstations.

This is expected to be released with ServeraSuite 2008 (first quarter release ETA)

UPDATE:
    I did want to update this post since I don't think I was very clear. We cover the tech install licenses free, and the up coming mini-client will also be free.
    Last edited by ANMMark; 01-04-2008 at 05:20 PM.
    avidInteractive

Lifetime updates? Nevermind 12 months as stated on site and TOS

upgrades are not limited to 12 months. If you have read that on our site or TOS, please point it out and it will be rectified.

All of our software carries a lifetime free upgrade policy, and ServeraSuite has a built in auto upgrade feature.
    avidInteractive

Are you planning to fix it where it will be automatically set it for all Server Groups for emails rather then having to add them individually? When you have over 100+ servers it becomes a pain to add them all.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. However, I'm assuming you mean using a global address book for all Server Groups.

If this is the case, note that ServeraSuite 2008 will have a feature that will allow you to copy an address book from one server group to another (much like the Copy Port Monitors feature works)
    avidInteractive

Mark,
    Correct.. Also, what about the ability to and multiple servers an auto restart the services?

That would be nice as well.. We would like to send the copy to our techs so that wouldn't be a problem?

Feel free to contact me at vaguhost[at]gmail.com to discuss further.

I would appreciate it so we can put in the order and proceed.

Thank you.

Hi Mark,

Yes, I do read TOS whenever I can.

Thanks for the official EULA, now I don't understand the following point under #6 Software Maintenance. :-
    Optional maintenance. After expiration of the Warranty Period, Licensee may continue to receive maintenance
    support for successive twelve (12) month periods.
    Since we have lifetime update, then what is the Warranty Period?
    Other than this, I think the EULA is quite straight forward.

Besides, I'm going to order a server right now.
    Can the additional bonus, 1 year free Servera StatSync, start counting when the server is ready to run?

Btw, thanks for the prompt reply.

Auto restarting servers and services is a feature that is in place in ServeraSuite 2007. You'll actually notice a "Coming Soon" next to the feature.

We did this to show that the feature was coming. We primarily had to work out a few details of this feature prior to including it completely.

This feature will be present and functional in ServeraSuite 2008.

As for distributing a copy to your techs, this would be absolutely no problem. We will just need to know in advance how many you wish to distro initially. We can then add more as needed (until the release of the staff mini-client).
    avidInteractive

gzola, the lifetime upgrades cover actually upgrading the software to a new version or maint. release, etc.

The Warranty Period allows for other actions to be taken to rectify an issue.

For example, if the license is not activated, and a refund is requested during the warranty period, a refund will be granted, etc. During the warranty period, the end user has many more options available to them to rectify a problem. After the warranty period, the options are limited to support, and upgrades that fix any issues that may arise.

The 12 successive months of maintenance, is a general statement used to mean that you will receive support and maintenance as normal, and the maintenance policy is renewed at 12 month intervals.

That portion is in place as a general statement that covers all of our software, in the event that we release software in which we charge for maintenance support, it is updated at 12 month periods. While we do not foresee this happening, it is there as a way of covering the "just in case" scenerio.

You can feel safe knowing however that we never plan to charge for support of ServeraSuite.

UPDATE:
    Sorry for missing this question...Yes. We can add the StatSync license when you want it added.
    avidInteractive

What if we want to send it to our clients an ad it as an added-value to our clients, would that be an issue or what could we do to make that work?

You've just got a new customer.

Have a nice day, Mark!

At this time there is nothing in place to effectively allow it to be offered to clients.

Essentially, it would really depend on what you wanted to allow your clients to be able to do.

Right now, the up coming staff mini-client allows for rebooting, and restarting, etc. The problem with giving this to clients is that not all companies want to give that power to the customer.

However, I must say that a client version is not a bad idea, and I have written it down, if you don't mind, to give to the rest of my dev staff for research, etc. You may have sparked a new free addon. ;-)
    avidInteractive

ZaxiHosting, thank you for taking the time to try ServeraSuite.

If you have any issues during your trial, please let us know so that it can be rectified for you asap.
    avidInteractive

Mark,
    It would be giving it to our dedicated server customers.. As we offer dedicated and VPS as well. I would bundle it in.

You feeling me?

Jeffrey, I see what you're saying. More than likely what will need to happen is we would need to develop a client version for dedicated clients.

The current up coming staff mini-client pulls the same server groups from the master ServeraSuite admin client. This would not be ideal for clients to see ALL server, but rather just their own.

When the time comes, we could also possibly co-brand these per company as well, to make the value added service/product more "sticky"
    avidInteractive

Quote Originally Posted by ANMMark View Post
    Jeffrey, I see what you're saying. More than likely what will need to happen is we would need to develop a client version for dedicated clients.

The current up coming staff mini-client pulls the same server groups from the master ServeraSuite admin client. This would not be ideal for clients to see ALL server, but rather just their own.

When the time comes, we could also possibly co-brand these per company as well, to make the value added service/product more "sticky"
    E-Mail me and let's talk about that..

ZaxiHosting, to view the current load of any of the server groups, you have to click on the server group name or a port under it, and the loads for that group will appear.
    avidInteractive

Jeffrey, I have sent you an email regarding this, as requested.
    avidInteractive

ZaxiHosting, to view the current load of any of the server groups, you have to click on the server group name or a port under it, and the loads for that group will appear.
    I know this but only 1 of our servers seems to monitor well
    anyway,will look into it
    Regards

ZaxiHosting, please make sure that SSH is enabled for the server that's not monitoring well.

Additionally, we include a php file as an alternative (upload it to the public_html (or equiv.) folder of that server. The choose to monitor server loads via HTTP in that server group's settings.
    avidInteractive

How does Servera StatSync post the data to our website? Will it be in a php or text file that we can format as we wish? Do you have an example of a report that it shows the server is up?

So far I am liking the 7 day trial

So I restarted my server from within WHM and SMTP and POP3 still show the status as being UP while HTTP, FTP, and MySQL show the service as being down.

I can not seem to get the event log cleared. Clear ALL Event Logs does not clear it, and the program is locked up after I clicked Clear Today's Event Log. A box is there saying Saving event log...

I restarted program and it worked. I think it must be a compatibility issue with Windows Vista
    Last edited by jdk; 01-04-2008 at 09:42 PM.

jdk, as far as your Servera StatSync question is concerned...

You can view the dynamic button, as well as the stat page, at the footer of our website.

The StatSync page is remotely hosted on our servers, so that 24/7 monitoring can be active when ServeraSuite is closed on your desktop.

Now as for the Vista compatibility...

While there should be no issues based on the Vista OS, as it requires only basic requirements that are present in Vista, ServeraSuite 2007 was not fully tested in Vista, because Vista was not completely available when the ServeraSuite v1 base was completed.
    avidInteractive

Is your site down? I can't seem to access the purchase link.

EDIT--

Scratch that, seems to be working again!
    Robert Navarro
    Phiivo.com
    Fun, Personal, Programming!

ironically yes. The DC is repairing some issues with the server, and it sporadically will go down, but comes back soon after.
    avidInteractive

Your site is having some issues, I am trying to test out the trial but your site is timing out 80% of the time and the download has already stopped 3 times in the middle.
    VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing trying to download the product. I have put in a ticket with the DC to get an update as to the status of the issue, and the progress they are making on fixing it.
    avidInteractive

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing trying to download the product. I have put in a ticket with the DC to get an update as to the status of the issue, and the progress they are making on fixing it.
    I appreciated it - I was able to download it this time
    VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

I am currently using a 7 day free license to test this first and to see if it meets my needs, so far so good.

I have a question though:

I currently have all servers setup to email me upon root login via ssh, now as im sure youll realise ill be getting these emails every x amount of minutes (whenever the software checks server load, cpu processes etc...), times that by say 20 servers and thats a lot of emails being sent and received.

Not sure if theres anyway around this as its obviously a server setting to email me but just thought id mention it and see if anyone had any ideas.

Jortex, we had this issue too. Unfortunately the only two ways around this, that we have found are:

1. Shut off the notification setting.
    2. Create a new user with root type priviledges.

Option 1 is not exactly ideal though.
    avidInteractive

Sorry but it looks like your site is down again. I'm not able to order

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast