Jason Yates!? AvidInteractive

Did anyone get that weird long email from some former developer from AvidInterctive?

First it looked like spam, then it said AvidInteractive.

I would post the entire email but then...it might be a bad idea especially with the disclaimer at the bottom.

Any idea what the heck all this is about, and also why they are taking it public?
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com
      0 Not allowed!

This situation it is a bit strange.

Jason said one thing on the email and Mark says a completely different thing on avidinteractive forums.

Who has the reason? Now once again, can we expect intellodesk v2 this year? Its difficult to believe... I don't know what to think about it.
      0 Not allowed!

Sounds like a storm is brewing for ANM. From my own personal business dealings with Mark, I find it hard to believe that he would tell any untruths. I hope they get this sorted out, and I am sure that they will.
      0 Not allowed!

Got it as well... interesting.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote it lol ...doesn't that bypass a disclaimer?
    but yes its weird..
    Who is this infamous HTML i keep hearing of, is she cute?
      0 Not allowed!

Hello Folks,

please note that the reason I'm posting in response to this, is to keep this from going way too far, and any assumptions being made.

I should state right away, that the intent of our initial post in regards to this matter, was made on our company forums with the sole intent of letting customers know what was going on with the development of IntelloDesk v2.0, and shed light on what has partially caused development to take as long as it has.

The intent was to tell the full truth on the matter, not to belittle anyone, or the situation itself by creating a smear campaign, as Mr. Yates has now attempted to do.

With regards to the email that was sent from Mr. Yates...

This was nothing more than a PR attempt to save face, from Mr. Yates, and to defend himself with partial facts, and additionally tell all avidInteractive clients how important they are to his new company in the same process.

As I have stated on our own company forum, I will not sit and pretend that avidInteractive is perfect. I have had my own share of problems. Some of them played out right here at WHT.

However, avidInteractive nor myself would never intentionally scam anyone, rip anyone off or otherwise falsify facts as Mr. Yates would have you believe.

One thing you can pretty much count on from avidInteractive and me personally is the brutally honest truth, whether the truth is good or bad, or whether you like what we're saying at the time or you love it.

It is that type of environment that our long term customers have grown to love. They know we will tell it straight.

Now, I don't want to turn this into a promotional thread for our products. However, since the question was asked about the release of IntelloDesk v2.0, I will answer it here.

Currently IntelloDesk v2.0 is still in the final stages of development. The user panel, staff panel, and admin panel are complete. We are working on the email piping, documentation, and installer.l

While we were striving to complete this before the end of 2007, issues arose, as well as the holidays that kept this from happening.

We're not trying to rush this, because rushing software of this nature is how bugs work themselves into the mix, and we want the release of IntelloDesk v2.0 to be something our customers can be proud of using. That doesn't mean however that we're not working as fast as we can. We're just trying to do it effectively and efficiently. Fast but not sloppy.

We will never release something just for the sake of releasing it, or for the sake of meeting a deadline. If it's not ready, it's not ready. AI would look a lot worse if we released a product that was not ready for release, than if we just took the time to do it right the first time.
    Mark - Owner/Lead Designer
    avidInteractive
    Lead vocalist for Circle7: Circle7 on MTV
      0 Not allowed!

I have a question (and this can probably be proven fairly easily), but Jason says that in two years of developing Avid software, he was only paid a total of $215?

I'm ignoring all the rest, but how do you justify paying someone $215 for two years of development work?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by avythe View Post
    I have a question (and this can probably be proven fairly easily), but Jason says that in two years of developing Avid software, he was only paid a total of $215?

I'm ignoring all the rest, but how do you justify paying someone $215 for two years of development work?
    The real question is, how does someone go 2 years without noticing they aren't getting a paycheck?
      0 Not allowed!

avythe that is a fair question. However, you have to keep a few things in mind.

1. Jason was not the sole developer within the company, working on IntelloDesk. Jason and I worked very very close together in the development of IntelloDesk.

2. Jason was in fact, NOT owed the $215 for development. He was owed $215 for a cut of a sale he created. He was an equal partner of avidInteractive Productions, LLC, and as such agreed to be paid by percentage of sales, just like the other 2 partners. However, as agreed upon, this equal share was not to be split until the release, and first sale of IntelloDesk v2.0. Until that time, all revenue was to be used for the growth of the company...Mr. Yates whole heartedly agreed to this both in email and with his signature.

3. Mr. Yates was not a contractor or freelancer.

4. Mr. Yates left avidInteractive once, without notice, as he stated in his email, leaving the company to pick up where he left off, and it set development time back, while new developers had to look through his code to learn it, etc. His stated reasoning was that he didn't think IntelloDesk would sell. He waited until IntelloDesk v1 began selling, and noticed that it was gaining quite a bit of attention, and then sent me an IM begging to come back, apologizing for what he did. Of course he wanted to start sharing money at that time too, even though he didn't deserve it. This is when it was agreed that he would share revenue from v2.0, and this is also what sparked the beginning of development of v2.0. He basically saw the potential that he missed the first time around, and wanted to cash in.

I gave him that $215 as a cut of a sale that he produced. The amount was not calculated to pay it to him. So I took it out of my pocket as a thank you so to speak, for sticking with AI for as long as he had, and working hard to make additional sales.

You must keep in mind that he knew exactly when he was to start getting paid when he agreed to it. He then willfully chose to walk away before that time came, and willfully attempted to extort 4 times the amount he was owed from an additional sale he made, in exchange for the source code of IntelloDesk v2.0. Generally speaking, he was trying to sell us something that already belonged to us, and if we didn't buy it, he threatened to release it under his own company, either with the same name or a different name, and give AI (The Owners of the code), 10-20% of all sales.

Handy Man, I think the above should explain it. It wasn't that he didn't notice. It's just that he knew in advance when he was going to get paid. I certainly would not work for 2 years, expecting to get a paycheck, and not get one for 2 years.

The only way I would work for 2 years without pay is if I didn't actually expect to get paid, and knew I wasn't going to get paid for a certain amount of time. Which is something he knew, and something he agreed to.
    avidInteractive
      0 Not allowed!

I think this issue has to be discussed personally unless Jason has something to convey here.
      0 Not allowed!

Hmmm, I wonder why I got the email also? I am not even a customer of them.

Net
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001
      0 Not allowed!

ANMMark,
    Would you please reply my ticket?? I file the ticket on 1/13/08 untill now only 1 reponse from YOU on 1/14/08 and never receive any reply AGAIN!!

Guys.... I think the email is true.... I will file a chargeback on my credit card.

Good luck to you all using Intellodesk. Hope you can get a reply from their support team within a week.

Regards,
    Charlie
      0 Not allowed!

Charlie, first there was never any transfer initiated. Your ticket and then your response to cancel a transfer did not have enough time between them, to initiate the transfer on this end. Therefore, there was no further response needed on AI's end.
    avidInteractive
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ANMMark View Post
    Charlie, first there was never any transfer initiated. Your ticket and then your response to cancel a transfer did not have enough time between them, to initiate the transfer on this end. Therefore, there was no further response needed on AI's end.
    Mark,

Finally you reponse the message at WHT forum and NOT at your help desk. You never read on the ticket message. I need to re-active my license #. When I try to install the program and it saids "License Invalid"

Dang it... I have to get support via WHT forum to solve issue due to you or your staff never response to the ticket.

Regards,
    Charlie
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bosshero View Post
    I have to get support via WHT forum to solve issue due to you or your staff never response to the ticket.
    Since WHT isn't thier support channel, and the original topic hasn't been active, lets close this. Please contact Avid directly for support.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!
      0 Not allowed!