[Hiring] Level 1 - Technical Support Representatives (Canadian)
SYN Hosting has an immediate opening for on call Level 1 - Technical Support Representatives. These positions are remote based; however you must live in Canada with absolutely no exceptions. There have been several good resumes sent in over the last few weeks, and I will be following up with those individuals as soon as possible... but I'd like to get a few more before contacting everyone.
As the first point of contact for technical support questions, you will be responsible for gauging the problem at hand, troubleshooting as best as possible (without root access), and/or escalating the ticket to a systems administrator.
The ultimate goal is to provide response times of less than 15 minutes with a resolution time of under 30 minutes. There is no cutting and pasting of canned responses, as every client deserves a detailed and personalized response.
This is an on call position, meaning your services will not be required every day unless requested otherwise. When your services are required, you will be notified via email and/or SMS, along with the other on call representatives to ensure tickets are promptly answered.
- $3.00 per resolved ticket (under 5 replies).
- $6.00 per resolved ticket (above 5 replies).
- $1.50 per escalated ticket (troubleshooting not possible).
- $3.00 per escalated ticket (troubleshooting was possible).
Payment will be made via PayPal at the end of every week, unless you prefer to be paid after reaching a certain threshold to avoid extra PayPal fees. This is a very low volume help desk, so please don't expect much.
- Solid understanding of cPanel, RVSkin and Fantastico.
- Solid understanding of the most common FTP clients.
- Solid understanding of the most common Email clients.
- Comfortable debugging common HTML, PHP & MySQL issues.
- Comfortable debugging broken mod_rewrite htaccess rules.
- Knowledgeable of the Kayako eSupport help desk software.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet response times.
- Highly motivated to go above and beyond to help clients.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent spelling, punctuation and overall grammar.
How to Apply:
Please send an email to jobs[at]synhosting.com with "Level 1 - Technical Support Representative" as the subject and be sure to include the following information:
- Resume outlining your work experience and skills.
- References from other Web Hosting companies.
- Your local time zone and preferred working hours.
Thank you for your interest, but only successful candidates will be contacted for further questioning. Please note that all communication will be performed via email, and not instant messengers.