What to do about abuse charges from ******?

Well my site has been down for the last two days. Big surprise since it is hosted by *****. Anyway I called to complain and they said I have been disabled due to spam charges against me.

Well I want to have the site back up and running (at least so I can move it somewhere else *grin*) and they said I have to mail [email protected] and ask them why I am disabled and how to get it back up. Well two days have passed and still no answer from them, and of course they don't have a telephone number!

Has anyone else here went through this before? What do I have in store for me?

East Coast, USA

Re: What to do about abuse charges from ******?

Originally posted by breitweg
    Has anyone else here went through this before? What do I have in store for me?
    You will probably be billed $500 per spam email you sent.

Yeah baby, we do hosting!
    24 hour support except on Saturday evenings when we party hardy

New York, USA
    Unfortunately, charges of spam are just as good as being caught at the scene of a crime with blood knife - the charge is as good as a conviction. Being innocent doesn't matter. You were charged.

That's what scares the heck out of me when I hear of anti-spam Federal laws. Someone just has to make the claim of spam and it's taken as fact.
    Ocean View Host -
    Affordable web hosting and E-commerce solutions for any size business.

i was also surprised when my account was suspended due to spam. my host told me they had reports of me spamming. i told them i spammed no one and to send the reports so i could see it. they turned my account back on and promised to send the reports. so far i have seen no reports. sigh...8 more months of this