Question Dedicated Servers - Faster Disks?

So I'm currently using ThePlanet for my hosting.
    The website I host on it has been getting more and more traffic and I was examining MySQL performance.

I ran a big statement and noticed it was only using 18% CPU.

I checked iostat and sure enough utilization on my disk was pretty much pegged between 90% and 100% consistent.

I guess that slow little 7200RPM hard drive is just a bit too slow.

It seems that I'm in need of either a 10K or 15K drive.

I contacted sales about prices and it's pretty pricey. To add a single 15K drive is an additional monthly fee equal to 50% of my entire server cost.

I've checked out some other places, Layered Tech and Server Beach and only Layered Tech offers SCSI drives but they do not mention what speed.

I'm wondering if I'm outgrowing the planet and maybe I should move to co-location (Since I am in Boston now, there should be some good places).

Or maybe I just need to find a different hosting provider other than The Planet?

Anyone know some trustworthy hosting providers that have faster disk drivers available without costing an insane amount?

Question

By the way, I didn't list prices because I wasn't sure if that's against the rules here or not.

Also, I'm willing to move to another provider.
    I'm after at least 3,000 GB of bandwidth a month (currently doing about 1200 but the site is growing), at least 2GB of RAM and as I said above, a nice fast disk (at least 70GB or so).

I'd like to spend LESS than $300/month.

If you have initial capital to build your own machine, then of course it's best to choose the co location route. If you're expecting 3000GB bandwidth with a server for $300 per month, you're pushing it. That budget, depending on which provider, might or might not cover the bandwidth alone.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

SL have something like this, and if you talk to sale online you may get something even better.

Single Processor Quad Core Intel Xeon 3220
     Processor: 3220 – 2.4GHz
     2 x 4MB CPU Cache
    4GB DDR2 RAM
     KVM over IP Access / Reboot
     2000GB Public Bandwidth
     Unmetered Private Network Bandwidth
     5 Public IP Addresses
     Windows / RHEL / CentOS

2 x 250GB SATAII HDD
    $199/mo NO SETUP
    You can add 1000GB of BW for 100$ if needed
    <<please see forum rules for signature formatting guidelines>>

as i said, if you talk to sale, then it would be cheaper.

I talked to them and got a 73GB SCSI 15K in exchange for a 250GB SATA II. same price
    <<please see forum rules for signature formatting guidelines>>

SAS would be the best bet but the disk are expensive and the raid for SAS are also expensive. Maybe because it is out not too long ago. If you can wait, wait a bit more, I think it will go down like the rest of computer hardware.