Please Take A Look At This Logo

could you guys give me some input on this logo. Please.

http://routehost.superdownloads2.com

thanks.

Looks nice. The color pattern is kind of odd, though.

The quality is very good, but the orange text in particular make it a little hard to make out the letters. Of course, it's hard to tell if the design as a whole would change this, but based on the logo alone, I had to strain a little to read the host's name.

Excellent quality, though! Nice!

The orange against the white background isn't good.

Beyond that, it's just text, not really a logo per se.

I think a change of colour is in order.

I don't think its a perfect logo for .psd form though.

it's a nice start.

a typical logo usually does not contain any images as what is shown. an illustration yes, an image no. show i suggest you get remove the image and find some sort of illustration instead.

the colors conflicts with each other. that is because you have a bright blue with a bright orange. tone the colors down a bit so it won't be as bright. i don't like how you switched the colors on the letter o. it is not necessary to do that. leave route blue and host orange. i may even suggest removing the space between the words. the drop shadow is also pretty heavy, you might want to reduce it as well. also remove the gray bar where hosting solutions is. hosting solutions seems a bit too bold. find a font that isn't as bold and shrink it some. also space it to the length of the route host.

i hope that helped.

good luck.

thx guys i will take that into consideration. I am just starting with fireworks. I am a psp guy so I will see what i can. The font struck me as a little hard to read also. And thanks for all the opionions.

I updated the logo please take a look at it. and give some more criticism. Also, visualnewbie. This logo is intended for a web design but i see what you are saying. logos should contain illustrations. Yes but, i am troubled thinking of one.

Here is one i had in mind. its a diamond. with the left diamond seperated a bit with the other three parts orange and the cut out part blue. Think that would look any good?

again the link is

http://routehost.superdownloads2.com

thanks for all your support and time.
    Last edited by Metallimp89; 08-09-2002 at 08:41 PM.

This is the logo version 2.. I am thinking about putting this one in another thread being it is completely different. Can I do that without getting banned? anyway here is the link check it out and give input. PLEASE!!!!!

http://routehost2.superdownloads2.com

10. i understand that it is intended for web use. i really do. but a logo, is a logo, is a logo. i would highly suggest removing the image. it really doesn't serve a purpose. the logo itself says more than that of the image. let the logo speak for itself than an image. the image basically just repeats what the logo is saying.

it looks a lot better and cleaner. the drop shadow looks pretty good and used just right.

it would look better if "hosting solutions" didn't have motion blur. i would remove it and just use the drop shadow effect. you might not even need a shadow with that one. i would also keep it to the width of "RouteHost". no more, no less.

it is starting to look really good. with minor tweaks, it will be done. good job and keep it up.

good luck.

11. Originally posted by Metallimp89
    This is the logo version 2.. I am thinking about putting this one in another thread being it is completely different. Can I do that without getting banned? anyway here is the link check it out and give input. PLEASE!!!!!

http://routehost2.superdownloads2.com
    i like this better than the other one. only because you replaced the image. . some of my comments from my previous post apply to this one as well.

the first thing that poped into my head was: what does that shape our symbol have to do with route host? the answer, i have no clue. it is a nice shape and somewhat balanced but i don't see a meaning in it. what does that shape say about the company and such? a simple orange circle with a white r in it would say more than a diamond shape. i also suggest you ease up on the drop shadow since it seems to be quite heavy.

i like where you are heading with this one much more. you're so close.

good luck.

number 2 is much better than 1
    Lime Drop Marketing!
    Web Design | Graphic Design | Logo Design
    http://www.limedrop.ca

well thx. i will ligthen the drop shadow.

And the meaning it conveys is emphasising the host more that anything over the route. as being "host" is the most important part of the name. Route is more of a prefix. if you get where i am going.

And i was wondering what those 3 circles mean in WHT's logo.

updated logo...just minor tweaks.