I must not be following current events very well, why are they doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I must not be following current events very well, why are they doing this?
    Fox has excluded Paul in their next Republican debate.
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/...ate.limits.ap/

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Fox has excluded Paul in their next Republican debate.
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/...ate.limits.ap/
    Why thank you for that link

Maybe they're doing it to protest the cancellation of Firefly.

*shrugs* doesn't hurt to be hopeful, right?

Wow, News Corps market cap is bigger than Walt Disney and Time Warner.

I'm sure Rupert is shaking in his shorts with the news that Ron Paul supporters will sell NewsCorp shares.
    After Hours: 20.82 +0.12 (0.57%) - Jan 2, 4:45PM ET
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Can someone please enlighten me as to why there is such a Ron Paul fascination in this country, namely with the 18-25 year old voting demographic?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFarrell View Post
    Can someone please enlighten me as to why there is such a Ron Paul fascination in this country, namely with the 18-25 year old voting demographic?
    The combination of the Bush administration, the war in Iraq, and the tumbling economy - Ron Paul's big ideas and views on quality of life seem to give people hope. His supporters are mainly from the 18-39* voting demographic, because that is also the majority age of legal voters using the internet.

The internet media still isn't close to being censored as much as other media corporations, mainly Rupert Murdoch's News Corp, so the information that is broadcast across the internet actually is "Fair and Balanced" unlike what Fox News is spreading.

I'm not sure if you've seen the debates, or the ones on YouTube, but give them a chance...you'll like at least SOME of his ideas...which are far different then any other republican candidates views, or even Hillary's for that matter.

I think its ridiculous how much News Corp controls in the world, whether we realize it or not, take the chance to read in the papers or listen to thew news; such as Bill O'Reilly. Everything is geared to right-wing politics and even when the other guys get a win, they word it so it's still a loss.

I can willingly admit my following of this election, in it's entirety, is lackluster at best. I watch CNN, keep current on what is happening, but have got a bit behind on the campaigns. I'm going to take your word and devote some time today to Mr. Paul and maybe hopefully I'll see some of these attributes. Might be refreshing to see some new ideas, not the same recycled and washed out 'promises'.

And what, you don't like Bill O'Reilly ? (I completely agree with your views on the media)

There are people that actually buy Fox News stock? That's one bad investment.
    IntelliSerp - The most accurate and intelligent keyword rank tracking software.

That wasn't exactly a smart idea. These people sell all of their stocks, which temporarily go down in price, allowing the big newscorp people to buy them cheaper, which will make the shares go up to their actual value.

This move actualy made every greedy businesman 50 million dollars richer.

Congrats
    Rene K.

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    That wasn't exactly a smart idea. These people sell all of their stocks, which temporarily go down in price . . .
    I seriously doubt RP supporters selling newscorp shares would cause their share price to fall. Wishful thinking at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    I seriously doubt RP supporters selling newscorp shares would cause their share price to fall. Wishful thinking at best.
    did you tie a blindfold over your eyes before making this post?

Quote Originally Posted by WHTer View Post
    There are people that actually buy Fox News stock? That's one bad investment.
    Psssst, Newscorp has been a very solid performer of late.

Word around WHT is that adorno has bought all of them
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by JonBiloh View Post
    Considering the network's ratings as of late, I'm not surprised. But then again, who wouldn't watch such entertaining "news."
    While Fox News is a liberal's favorite punching bag, it is just a part of News Corp's truly vast empire.

In my opinion the only reason why Fox News has a conservative bent is because there's money to be made in that demographic. It's a business decision, plain and simple. I don't believe Rupert Murdoch has much idealogically invested in conservativism vs. liberalism. And, whether you love them or hate them, it was a brilliant decision not to create another "me too" competitor to CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by serverminds View Post
    While Fox News is a liberal's favorite punching bag, it is just a part of News Corp's truly vast empire.

In my opinion the only reason why Fox News has a conservative bent is because there's money to be made in that demographic. It's a business decision, plain and simple. I don't believe Rupert Murdoch has much idealogically invested in conservativism vs. liberalism. And, whether you love them or hate them, it was a brilliant decision not to create another "me too" competitor to CNN.
    yeah, the market on loud, obnoxious, beer swilling hicks is pretty big these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r View Post
    yeah, the market on loud, obnoxious, beer swilling hicks is pretty big these days.
    Sorry had to edit that.

No need to respond to such pithy repartee.

Quote Originally Posted by serverminds View Post
    Sorry had to edit that.

No need to respond to such pithy repartee.
    yeah there is.

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r View Post
    yeah there is.
    No, really, there isn't.

If the best anyone can do is respond with insults, it's evident there's no real interest in an actual argument. I realized I was doing the same thing and opted to correct it.

Or they can laugh along because they agree with me, or at the very least see that i'm only poking fun at the hardcore, down-south republicans, who only signed on because they think the republican party is the official political party of jesus christ, and chuckle along.

I mean, I'm a liberal, but I can laugh at some of our loonies, so what's stopping a republican from doing the same?