Indian Domain Dude

K I just got some phone call from some indian dude that I could barely understand on the phone. Says he's from "global domains" and asked if i wanted to extend my domain name for 2 yrs at 19.95 (As if i even pay that much now!). He would not give his name out or any phone information and hung up on me when I kept asking for his website.

Can someone please give me information on who this reseller could be? Is it illegal to call people up on the phone like that? Can he try and switch my domain without my authorization? D*mn PERSON!
    Last edited by clemzonguy; 08-09-2002 at 03:50 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

okay first off it's called telemarketing....netsol called me up asking for renewal even though my name was registered through a different registrar. That's not illegal...the illegal part is him not giving you any contact information when you asked for it. Telemarketers must give out any or all requested contact information when soliciting.

Your domain can not be transferred without authorization from you so there's no need for big worrires.

and BTW: I really took offence when you said "damn indians". Him being indian has nothing to do with anything. And how do you know he was indian? Because of his strong accent? He could have been Pakistani, or from any other Middle-Eastern country.
      0 Not allowed!

that was a pretty ignorant comment.
      0 Not allowed!

Very ignorant indeed - and how old are you KlemzonGuy?
      0 Not allowed!

judging by his website, i assume hes no older than 14
      0 Not allowed!

he said damn indians, as in indian from india, not American Indians or American Indians from India, so please shut up about that, I would have said sure and give me the address to send payment or webiste, or could have told him you would think about it and ask for a phone number.
      0 Not allowed!

huh? drugs? immaturity? brain-death? what has happened to people?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by insider_hush
    he said damn indians, as in indian from india, not American Indians or American Indians from India, so please shut up about that, I would have said sure and give me the address to send payment or webiste, or could have told him you would think about it and ask for a phone number.
    no **** u idiot.

my god. u are also an ignorant moron.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by insider_hush

that's exactly why i'm complaining....what a bunch of (pardon my english ) ignorant ******** and I would have posted what I posted even if he said "damn russians" or "damn chinese" or "damn" any ethnicity....that has nothing to do with anything
      0 Not allowed!

Even though this is off the original topic I will still comment. While i was mainly referring to third word indians my statement is backed by the experiences i've had thus far and seen online in the indian market so yes it was targeted. Unsanely cheap web hosting scams and spams on message boards about domain registrations. I have many indian friends (not american indians). However, we both clearly make the distinction between FOB (fresh off the boat) people just like any white person would make the distinction between rednecks/white trash and the general population. This guy could only repeat .com when i asked him for his website. Whether it's his lack of english or his ignorance I didn't appreciate him not giving out his information when I asked. Please don't turn this into some kind of immature discussion that is off the topic. I will modify my statement to "person"
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by clemzonguy
    Even though this is off the original topic I will still comment. While i was mainly referring to third word indians my statement is backed by the experiences i've had thus far and seen online in the indian market so yes it was targeted. Unsanely cheap web hosting scams and spams on message boards about domain registrations. I have many indian friends (not american indians). However, we both clearly make the distinction between FOB (fresh off the boat) people just like any white person would make the distinction between rednecks/white trash and the general population. This guy could only repeat .com when i asked him for his website. Whether it's his lack of english or his ignorance I didn't appreciate him not giving out his information when I asked. Please don't turn this into some kind of immature discussion that is off the topic. I will modify my statement to "person"
    even so...it's not only indians that offer "unsanely cheap web hosting scams"...chinese do it, russians do it, the french, the english, and more than often the "white" americans do it.

Stereotyping anything will get you no where in life....who knows, maybe one day a "FOB" indian might save your life....will he be a "damn indian" then?

People should learn to have some respect for people....

btw, i think that the discussions we've had thus far is totally relevant to the topic because it directly involves a comment you made in your original post
      0 Not allowed!

I ammended the post. Get over it and move on.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't even see how the original question directly pertains to anything that is domain-specific. It seems rather arbitrary and pointless.

Clemonz is obviously not flexible in his beliefs and has that blind terrorist-type-mentality of arbitrary hatred. I doubt any of us here will change that for him. It's unfortunate and sad to see.
      0 Not allowed!

We'll i'll change my opinion when I stop reading spams on message boards and getting phone calls. I don't mind a phone call as long as they can have a conversation with me and tell me who they are. The advertisement messages I've received have been polite and the person has identified themselves clearly. I have no problems with russian or french or any other domain dealer. I even think that there are some good companies in indian such as Directi.com but I was talking about the smaller dealers. I have no hatred towards anyone. It seems that people are just easy to jump on someone's back b/c they target a group of people that are doing something. This has nothing to do with terrorist menality in fact I don't even agree with any of the treatment people are getting by the US goverment. Like for instance the person that is being held and not charged for anything. It's a double edged sword and I don't think this is the place to debate it.
      0 Not allowed!

I ammended the post. Get over it and move on.
    ya...thanks for apologizing
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Indian Domain Dude

K I just got some phone call from some indian dude that I could barely understand on the phone. Says he's from "global domains" and asked if i wanted to extend my domain name for 2 yrs at 19.95 (As if i even pay that much now!). He would not give his name out or any phone information and hung up on me when I kept asking for his website.

Can someone please give me information on who this reseller could be? Is it illegal to call people up on the phone like that? Can he try and switch my domain without my authorization? D*mn PERSON!
    They called me also, an Indian lady. I told her not to call that number again. They block their ID; usually I don't answer calls with blocked ID.
      0 Not allowed!

Interesting, very interesting.

Even so if some one from India (or any other middle eastern country) made a phone, which BTW I understand is annoying and perhaps intrusion in your privacy, but how can you justify blaming the whole race because of action of some ...

And what about the person which is mostly like to be a "white" who employed these "indian". So its got nothing to do with race - indian, chinese or american.

World has changed and you all know (deep inside) what's right and wrong... its a shame... nothing less.
    ... to BE or not to BE, is ONLY up to ME ...
      0 Not allowed!

I think this thread headed south early. Maybe a better chocie of words would have been more productive...

Ohhh, and I got the same call. But anyhow...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken
      0 Not allowed!