FuturoHost.com Scam

An amazing scam done by a Polish *******.

Well after looking for a budget dedi server for a few days, i saw one that was right for me, and required a small budget.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
    2GB RAM
    400GB HDD

I was getting that for around $130 p/month.

It looked like a scam at first, although the Polish 'CEO' of this company seem very convincing. He went by the name of Hans Grusler

IfchtundData GmbH
    [email protected]

and a telephone number which i found out today it didn't exist. After google-ing about Futurohost, i found no results, so i was thinking it is a new company. I also Googled it's owner Hans Grusler which returned no results.

I decided to be the guinea pig and test this host. Luckily i made a backup before transferring to their servers. Boy, was i in for a surprise.

I got the server the day before i was to make payment. First thing i notice when i log in is that i find:
    CallOfDuty4
    Crysis

hosted on the server. I mail the CEO Hans about this, and he says it's no problem, it's that the previous customer had these hosted, not them. This was only the beginning. I had problems transferring money to my MoneyBookers account, so he was patient and waited a few days - which only made me trust the CEO more.

Since my customers are in Europe i had to go for a EU server, this one was supposed to be located in Germany.

Everything ran smoothly... until i made the payment. Instantaneously my site, my server was gone. Pinging the reply's i received no reply's, no URL's worked.

I mailed, the so called Hans Grusler, and he told me the server would be ready and transfered in 5-10 minutes. Just as i was to change my DNS to my other server, i said okay ill wait.

After a short period i mailed him again, only to receive a reply in which he was accusing me of having Rapidshare links on my legally licenced vBulletin board, and that they would not participate in such actions...

Erm, hello, you had COD4 and Crysis hosted before i came. One of the largest releases of games these few months. From there on i knew i was not going to see my backup or my money again.

Well, it's not that great being a guinea pig, so this is only another proof that you should go with trusted companies.

Oh, and btw, i was hosted on a LayeredTech server before for a whole year, i had no problems with warez links, rapidshare or whatever this dude mentioned. I only wanted to transfer to a EU server so my customers would have a faster loading server.

I guess there's not gonna be a bright future for FUTUROhost. If anyone wants the details on his real name, his domains, his location in Poland. PM ?

All the best. Oh btw, any idea on where to report these semi-professional ****** ?

P.S. I forgot to mention, i actually built a Joomla based website for their company, and i still got scammed.

sorry for the bad experience, but i think you too late and then they will come again with different name, did you find this host in WHT? as you said you pay with moneybookers, so i dont think you can open a case with them to get money back.

He gave you are server with existing content on it? Any good host would have made sure the server was reformated.

Have you done a chargeback?

Thanks for the info

I will most likely go to my bank tomorrow. Since he gave me a few days before, i asked him to return the rest of the money. If he doesn't, ill just get a full chargeback from my bank.

edit:
    oh here's another review, btw this site is not from me
    futurohost[dot]net

and yes i found this host in WHT. i'll make sure i reply to all his topics, so no more people get scammed.

FuturoHost.com doesn't seem to exist no more? can't connect to it.

^ He got what he deserved

Trust me, if LayeredTech did find out that you were hosting warez links, then they would have kicked you off their network.

You got what you deserved - Now you know how it feels of people stealing from you. Do the right thing to software developers and don't distribute their intellectual property illegally.

Mini even though this board had a few rapidshare links, i do not host those, and the main point of the site was not warez. I have ran a warez forum before, but i left it because there's no money in that. I don't think that i'd have paid advertisements on the site if it was a warez forum.

How is it that sites like warez-bb, projectw, xsharex, get hosted - in normal datacenters and have no problems. The account might get suspended - NOT terminated.

Why would a host terminate the account and not leave the user to explain. What if i was hosting my legal business there and this guy just took out the server. Why were there illegal games uploaded on the server BEFORE i got the server. Why wasn't the server formatted before being given on to me. What if this was just another client i hosted, without me knowing that there were rapidshare links on the site ?

Another thing, i live in a really poor country [Macedonia], and 99% of the people ( that actually can afford a computer ) here do not use legal software, because they cannot afford it. When you pirate something you would have never bought or could never afford, how can that constitute a lost sale?

Anyway, i bet there's been a lot of this pirate / warez talk in these forums, so not to go off topic - Futurohost.com just came back online, and i got in contact with the owner again, this time asking for my backup. I am awaiting on his reply.

Oh and btw, it seems that another user got kicked from their servers for having " warez " on his server. The user owns futurohost.NET

After getting in contact with him, turns out he didn't have anything pirated hosted. He barely had a website up.

Quote Originally Posted by trajcek View Post
    How is it that sites like warez-bb, projectw, xsharex, get hosted - in normal datacenters and have no problems. The account might get suspended - NOT terminated.

Why would a host terminate the account and not leave the user to explain. What if i was hosting my legal business there and this guy just took out the server. Why were there illegal games uploaded on the server BEFORE i got the server. Why wasn't the server formatted before being given on to me. What if this was just another client i hosted, without me knowing that there were rapidshare links on the site ?
    First of all, I am definitely NOT defending FuturoHost and their practices. Based on your alleged experiences, I would certainly not want to be hosted at FuturoHost and I do despise them for what they allegedly condone in their practices.

Another thing, i live in a really poor country [Macedonia], and 99% of the people ( that actually can afford a computer ) here do not use legal software, because they cannot afford it. When you pirate something you would have never bought or could never afford, how can that constitute a lost sale?
    That was not the point. The point was that you were running a warez forum, thus DISTRIBUTING other people's/company's intellectual property. Everyone in the world can access your website, unless of course, you'd restricted access to your website based on country.

Sorry to hear that bad luck you have had.
    Looking For Cheap And Reliable Webhosting? Check Out KyleServ

This belongs in the dedicated server forum.

Reading over this post, I have a pretty good idea of whats going on here. We host our clients offshore in Europe and dont see many intellectual property reports. The laws of Europe are way different than those of the United States. People there have a very different point of view when it comes to warez. I cant say that I condone the activities, just saying that points of view are different. Not every one can afford to pay full retail price on software that costs $300 or more.

As to you being scammed, thats bad. But its better you found out right away, rather than getting your site up in its entirety and then having it pulled. You made the right choice in making that back up though. That was the smartest choice you could have made.

Mini my website was based on purely Macedonian language. It required registration and a few posts to actually have access to those sections.

If Mr. FuturoHost actually understood my language, and registered, and posted in Macedonian - that's the only reason that he could suspend me for. What i believe this guy was doing is, just getting a customer, uploading some illegal stuff on the server such as COD 4 or Crysis (full games) then accusing the customer of having those files on the server, and those files being illegal.

I wonder why Ummi (futurohost's username on WHT) has not replied to this thread. iastaff i emailed you from your webpage about your services. I also emailed a lot of other EU dedicated server providers and they all seem to have nothing against hosting a forum such as mine, since it's not illegal. At least not in the EU.

Hello.

Iam not FuturoHost.com owner or system admin neither. I work here for month or more as remote sales operator. But as far as I know, trajcek was kicked out from our servers for warez links. And we not going to discuss about that.

Anyway, you said that there were some torrent files on you server when you got it - I saw email's sent from futurohost.com where we explain, that these are previous customer files, who was testing server.

We asked, if you want server re-formatted (which can cause longer setup) but you said that everything is OK, and you "was just scared a little".

Anyway, immediately, after we found forum BADIJALA.COM server has been turned off. You said, that we need DMCA to turn it off - NO, we do not accept warez or other illegal software. Linking to crack's, pirated games and application is illegal.

Also, if you want - I can paste your email's here (We have got a lot of emails from this customer like "fu*k you", "f*ck you mother" and so on - that's why we are not going to co-operate witch such customers).
    DC Technician, Czech Republic, Europe, Earth, Solar System.

The only thing left in futurohost.com is [email protected]'..
    Why are they afraid??
    Aspiration Hosting [US • UK • SG • AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    • LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo •

• Web Development Support • Unmetered Bandwidth • Aspiration CDN • Magento Optimized •

Why afraid? Trajcek's company made a website for us - we was expecting to give them discount for it. He isn't hosted on our servers anymore, so we have to wait for new website (we are not going to use that one which he made).

You can check some G's cache for our previous website - there was almost nothing - only email - same as now.

Quote Originally Posted by HackNo-Alex View Post
    This belongs in the dedicated server forum.
    Moved.

Lois
    Do you have a WHT question or concern? Please open a helpdesk ticket.

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by ummi View Post
    Why afraid? Trajcek's company made a website for us - we was expecting to give them discount for it. He isn't hosted on our servers anymore, so we have to wait for new website (we are not going to use that one which he made).

You can check some G's cache for our previous website - there was almost nothing - only email - same as now.
    If so, where is the main site? There must be some page for them to at least sign up, right?
    Aspiration Hosting [US • UK • SG • AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server

• Web Development Support • Unmetered Bandwidth • Aspiration CDN • Magento Optimized •

Ummi, you are wrong about the warez stuff.

There is nothing illegal about it, as long as the content is not hosted on their servers, both in the US and EU.

Iam not lawyer, anyway, we are not going to support warez and illegal forums.
    Site got deleted becouse we have found links to cracks and games on it.

'If so, where is the main site? There must be some page for them to at least sign up, right?"
    Of course, currently we are working on new website.

trajcek have got server from us for free, even without giving any personal data - and that was our mistake.

He said he paid 100 € for it, I wouldn't call that free...

Also, got any TOS / AUP where we can read about your "not supporting illegal crap" things.

This is the strangest thread in awhile.

Sounds like a load of ** to me.

Dear ummi...

1. I didn't get my backup back.
    2. I didn't get my money back.

Why don't you just send my money back then ? I said you can even keep the money if you get me my backup back ?

And you didnt(dont) have a TOS or AUP. And you didn't seem to care about the previous client's torrent COD and Crysis files on your server, you didn't delete them.

I even MADE you a website.

No reply from him yet?

Phew I was going to sign up with them too, but it was too fishy for me. I ended up going with another company and still had a horrible experience, as I reviewed in another thread.

Futurohost sell the exact same server specs and features as hetzner.de, I asked them about this and was told they invested a lot of money in racks and servers from them. With no site it just wasn't worth the risk.

bad luck? or bad information ?

No reply yet. He probably is trying to come up with some lame story about how illegal my forum was. Anyway, i will now most likely go with Ecatel or Rackedge.

Wow, normally I would not post this far in a thread but after reading I could not resist.
    I can see points on both sides of this issue but IMO when you operate in a questionable or illegal business sometimes the hosting companies that will allow this activity may not be honest or legitimate either, I am certainly not saying this is the case but we all have to look out for ourselves.
    If your business is legit and they do not have a TOS or AUP listed or provided than you have a point but most likely will not be able to retrieve lost data or money as to pursue it will be expensive and time consuming. Best thought is to move on and chalk up as a learning experience, and of course in future transactions with other DCs ask for the TOS and AUP as to protect yourself from something like this ever happening. One last point, when you find a new provider, do your best to establish a good relationship with the Sales rep or account manager as this will give you an inside person to help with your issues.
    I wish you luck in your search.

Blatant warez site operators deserve exactly what they get. I have no sympathy for somebody who will blatantly run a site that they know is illegal, and play stupid when they get caught, all while expecting a refund. I mean, seriously!? What are they on!?

You don't go to the store, buy a gun, shoot somebody in the head, and ask for your gun back with the reasoning that you didn't know it was illegal to murder somebody. Why do the same with this?

What also really gets my nerves is when they ask for copies of their data in return. I mean, really, excuse me while I go give you back your illegal data...
    I think not.
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca

Boo hoo. Spare us the sob story. I live in a really rich country [United States], and I still can't afford to buy hundreds of software applications. If I can't afford to buy the program, then I live without. Maybe you should try that. They even have this thing called Linux, which happens to be very, very inexpensive. Free even. It comes with lots of nice programs too.

Oh the horror of having to do without!

Warez=bad. bad=no refund. I like macedonia though.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    You don't go to the store, buy a gun, shoot somebody in the head, and ask for your gun back with the reasoning that you didn't know it was illegal to murder somebody. Why do the same with this?

What also really gets my nerves is when they ask for copies of their data in return. I mean, really, excuse me while I go give you back your illegal data...
    I think not.

Oh, the bad examples you provide.

Hey smoking pot in the US is illegal. It isn't in Amsterdam. If i can have a place where the host allows warez or even the hosting of those files, i can do it. It's legal. I don't make people sign up nor do i post the actually files. The members do it themselves and it's their choice, just like you can go to Amsterdam and get high.

Let's say i don't get my data back. I don't need it. What about the money ? If i return the gun unused.. i do get my money back. All in all, i don't care about the money or the data either. I have a backup. I am just going to warn other users / members to be aware of this host. If you actually think this guy is doing a good job, then send him a mail, sign up. I won't be surprised when you are making a topic in this section as well.

I mean, seriously!? What are they on!?
    I like redbull.

Back on topic ?

It doesn't matter what you have hosted on the server. Having links is NOT illegal, and a reputable company would give a backup and have the client transfer.

Blatant warez site operators deserve exactly what they get. I have no sympathy for somebody who will blatantly run a site that they know is illegal, and play stupid when they get caught, all while expecting a refund. I mean, seriously!? What are they on!?

I think not.
    Thank you for saving me some typing. I agree totally.

I hope the OP doesn't get his money back. So he got away with it at LT for a while. You didn't at this new host so tough.

Also please stop that nonsense about poor country therefore it is ok to use pirated software. Run Ubuntu desktop and install all the apps they have. You don't NEED games.
    Andr้ Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Well after looking for a budget dedi server for a few days, i saw one that was right for me, and required a small budget.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
    2GB RAM
    400GB HDD

I was getting that for around $130 p/month.

It looked like a scam at first, although the Polish 'CEO' of this company seem very convincing.
    This same server in Germany with 2x400GB HDD and unmetered bandwidth costs ~ US$65. I think the people who sold this server to you didn't want scam you since they seem to be resellers making over 100% net profit.

This story seems to be incomplete at least.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 01-08-2008 at 06:41 PM.
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

you should use paypal or credit card then