Databank vs Savvis

I've been suffering from high ping times during peak hours with my server at Savvis. It is something with Savvis's routers, they've admitted that much, and offered to move me to the Databank DC.

I like the fact that Databank is multi-homed, but I haven't had an outage yet.

How has their stability been lately?

I assume you are talking about LayeredTech and their equipment in both Savvis and Databank?

Yes, forgot to mention that.

Really, I would stay at Savvis. Give it one more chance. For the last few years it's been exceptional for me. I think it's better than DataBank.
    My education is finally over at 28... But now I am looking for a full time job and tru lurrv...
    Have you found the WHT rules & guidelines? Took me 4 years!

Our servers with LayeredTech have always been fine, never had any serious issues.
    Regards,

James
    Internet Radio | CDN

I had box from both DC, but encount issue with SAVVIS network so did cancelled my box there and still keep running my other box from DATABANK...

But I will do another try on SAVVIS DC later...

According to LT status site and comments, Layeredtech have more network issues on Databank DC.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

Their databank DC is howeevr multihomed, and especially internationally faster. Savvis is not very strong outside the US.
    Powered by Level3, GBLX and AT&T

I had servers at both, and was experiencing network outages at both. It got to be too much downtime -- too unreliable -- and I left. It should be noted that the outages have continued at SAVVIS, even since I have left... and the explanation provided from LT for one of their early outages simply did not make sense/add up from a networking perspective. I pointed out the inconsistencies and they never did provide a proper explanation.

For me, honesty and reliability are paramount. If there's an outage, I expect my provider to be honest about it -- even if it points out glaring negligence in their systems or handling -- I would rather know that somebody simply screwed up, than be led on a wild goose chase of lies.

An outage or two is one thing, but the outages @ LT (on both networks) were getting to be way too much in the 2nd half of 2007. I've moved on to other, more reliable providers (for less money) and am very happy.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

My server in SAVVIS has had very little, near zero downtime in 3 years. I use Hyperspin to moniter the server and the 100% uptime reports are pleasingly monotonous.

Something's amiss with Hyperspin then ... that or you haven't been reading your reports closely. Your service has NOT been 100% at SAVVIS, starting with a massive border router failure that took the entire D.C. down (including LT's support desk) for several hours in mid-2007 .........

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Carrier-wise, Savvis is as good as it gets for US connectivity, imho. On the other hand, I am never a fan of single-homed connectivity, though with multi-homed connectivity you are looking at a more complex overall configuration, with more potential issues with the larger number of carriers, etc. Yes, these issues should be routed around, but it'll generally take a couple minutes for that to happen.

Basically, what I'm saying is, multi-homed is almost always better, even though Savvis is a very good choice as a single homed provider, though don't expect everything to be perfect just because you're multi-homed.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers