I believe today is saddest day of my life, as i have never been scammed by a host ever.

I will try to make this thread as much informative as i can, so it can be useful to my fellow WHT members and people to come.

I will try to elaborate the issue in points -

1) I was searching for a cheap dedicated server near Christmas, and i just amazed to see low rates offered by VaguHost at webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=655726

2) I quickly chatted with Mr. Jeff (As he claims to be), on AIM, and asked for a custom quote for his first offer mentioned in thread here in WHT -

Code:
DUAL-XEON28G-PA
Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz
4GB of DDR Ram
2 x 250GB Hard Drive
2,000GB Bandwidth
Private VLAN and 5 IPS
FULLY MANAGED
$139 /mo
NO SETUP FEE!

But to my surprise, he told me they can give me same machine for $ 120 if i paypal to them, right now ( some *crap* offer going on )

This is copy of my first chat with him, where he tried to rush me to make payment.

Code:
investmentcrew@gmail.com: hi
VaguHst: Hello
VaguHst: How can I help you?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: I got your AIM from WHT forums
VaguHst: Great, is there something your interested in?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: I will like to have a quote on dedi box
VaguHst: On which server?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: when you go here, http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=655726
investmentcrew@gmail.com: The first box
investmentcrew@gmail.com: i need same specifications.
VaguHst: Well, What I currently have is.
VaguHst: A Dual Xeon 2.8ghz, 4GB Ram, 2x250GB HD, CPanel/DirectAdmin/HyberVM (you pick one) going for $139 with 25% of
VaguHst: so it makes it $123
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Is it same as first offer on thread ?
VaguHst: It's a better server.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: how come ?
VaguHst: For a cheaper price.
VaguHst: cause, we double the ram, and double the hard drive
VaguHst: and then take 25% off
VaguHst: Which makes it $125 ;-)
VaguHst: err $123
investmentcrew@gmail.com: How can you can better server, even in thread it says double ram and double space ?
VaguHst: That is correct
VaguHst: But, I was referring to the one without it
investmentcrew@gmail.com: So it is same as in thread ?
VaguHst: yes
VaguHst: Just at $123
investmentcrew@gmail.com: I will like to have VZPP Panel instead of Hyper VM then ?
VaguHst: That would cost extra.
VaguHst: How many VPS's?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: around 30
VaguHst: That's an extra $89.95
investmentcrew@gmail.com: I will even like to ask that, as you say in thread , unlimited Direct Admin licence , it means it will be valid for all 30 VPS in the server box ?
VaguHst: No, It's only one.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Only 1 VPS ?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Then why does it says unlimited
VaguHst: It is an Unlimited DirectAdmin license for the server.
VaguHst: With Unlimited Domains
investmentcrew@gmail.com: But it is good for 1 IP ?
VaguHst: Correct.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Ok i do you accept Credit Card ?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Let me tell me what finally i require, i mean final BOX configurations, if you can do it , i am fine .... I will need A Dual Xeon 2.8ghz, 4GB Ram, 2x250GB HD, HyberVM with 30 VPS licence, 2000GB B/W , WHMCS , and 20 IP included... And i can not pay more, as i am yet to start off with VPS selling company on this box, so it is all investment from my side.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: I am not even sure, will this all money drain or will come back to me, so kindly tell a realistic rate
VaguHst: One sec
VaguHst: That is correct.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Great you understand
investmentcrew@gmail.com: I am just investment all this money in hope to get it back by selling some VPS on it, so if you give a realistic rate, i will be online with you
investmentcrew@gmail.com: investing*
VaguHst: I am being realistic with you.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: ok
VaguHst: We would love to have you as a customer and we can take care of you.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: This please answer my query abobe
investmentcrew@gmail.com: above*
VaguHst: What question sir?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Let me tell me what finally i require, i mean final BOX configurations, if you can do it , i am fine .... I will need A Dual Xeon 2.8ghz, 4GB Ram, 2x250GB HD, HyberVM with 30 VPS licence, 2000GB B/W , WHMCS , and 20 IP included... And i can not pay more, as i am yet to start off with VPS selling company on this box, so it is all investment from my side.
VaguHst: We could include 20 IPS and yes, that is correct.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Good, please give you last rate for this machine then ? (Dual Xeon 2.8ghz, 4GB Ram, 2x250GB HD, HyberVM with 30 VPS licence, 2000GB B/W , WHMCS , and 20 IP included.)
VaguHst: $126.26
investmentcrew@gmail.com: I guess it was, (VaguHst: so it makes it $123 ) ( As i mentioned, i am just making a risk investment, thou i am ready to pay $ 120 a month for it; from next month ) , but for first month ( which means from today , if deal is all good ) , i will like you to give me some discount, so i am not ending up with all loss, i will be happy if you can give it for $ 60 ( for first month ) , if yes, i can pay you right now ) I hope you understand my point.
VaguHst: Sorry, not the way we work.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Then i can not understand why it is $ 123 sometimes or $ 126 or $126.26 sometimes , tell me your last and final rate, my budget is $ 115
VaguHst: The price is exactly $123
VaguHst: Or you can take our lower machine
VaguHst: That weh ave
VaguHst: a Dual Xeon 2.0ghz, 4gb ram, 2x80gb hd, 1x250gb hd
VaguHst: for $99
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Only Processor is different , rest all is same ?
VaguHst: There is 2x80 and 1x250
VaguHst: isntead of 2x250
investmentcrew@gmail.com: I would not mind spending $ 15 more ( i mean $ 115 in total , if i get ffirst machine )
investmentcrew@gmail.com: if you agree, we are on
VaguHst: I can add another 250GB HD for $15 more
investmentcrew@gmail.com: You did not got my point , i was trying to say , i would be good if i get my first discussed mahine for $ 115. Instead of going in for this machine.
VaguHst: I'm not able to offer you the other machine for $115
VaguHst: As I stated
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Round it off to $ 120 , and send me invoice, i hope this is fine.
VaguHst: I will have to send you an order link.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Dual Xeon 2.8ghz, 4GB Ram, 2x250GB HD, HyberVM with 30 VPS licence, 2000GB B/W , WHMCS , and 20 IP included
investmentcrew@gmail.com: investmentcrew@gmail.com
VaguHst: One sec, I will get you the signup link.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: What will be your setup time, after payment ?
VaguHst: 24-48 hours.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: No Issue. It is fine, please send payment link , and i will make payment once i reach home in few hours.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: This $ 120 will remain good for all months to come ?
VaguHst: Correct
VaguHst: Payment will need to be made within the next 30 minutes to honor the $120 rate.. Or we will revert it back to the $126.
VaguHst: $123, sorry
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Excuse me
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Please act professional :)
VaguHst: http://billing.vaguhost.com/order/?form_id=38
investmentcrew@gmail.com: I am in office now, no card with me, i will get home soon
VaguHst: There is the correct link.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: I can make payment in few hours to come.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Fine, payment will be made once i get home, nice talking to you
investmentcrew@gmail.com: I just saw this link , it no where says 20 IP included ?
VaguHst: It isn't listed but, they are included.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: fine, http://billing.vaguhost.com/order/?form_id=38 will be paid as i reach Home, hope you have good day. Bye

3) Then , i came back to my home from office and initiated chat with Jeffery, the copy is below -

Code:
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Hey , its fine now
VaguHst: No problem
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Yes, i have 4 questions in my mind
investmentcrew@gmail.com: How many VPS can be placed on my machine ? i mean what is good number ?
VaguHst: On That Dual Xeon?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Yes
VaguHst: realistically probably 12-15
investmentcrew@gmail.com: i mean to ask , if i give 512 MB ram
VaguHst: 15-20
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, I saw you giving cpanel licence for VPS very high rate , $ 20
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Most of providers give it for $ 7
investmentcrew@gmail.com: $ 20 is high rate to sell a VPS
VaguHst: We don't have the rate of $7.. Our rate is $19.95.. That's the rate we have from our provider therefore, we have to pass it on.
VaguHst: We currently offer it for VPS at $19.95 and customers pay it with no prboelms.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: www.buyacpanel.com , is giving at $ 15 , can we take from them ?
VaguHst: sure
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, What is 10 MBPS unmetered ?
VaguHst: 10 Mpbs unmetered is 10 Mpbs unmetered.. It is a 10 Mpbs connection to our network that is unmetered.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Unlimited Banwidth , is that what it means ?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: B/W *
VaguHst: No, It means unmetered.
VaguHst: It means you get a port that's 10 Mpbs
VaguHst: and it's unmetered.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: i am sorry , i am not able to get it , can you explain , what is relation to it in terms of B/W
VaguHst: 3000GB of Bandwidth
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, in case of problems , who will give us support, you or your provider ?
VaguHst: We do.
VaguHst: We provide support for everything.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: And how will we support given , we do not see your site yet
VaguHst: We have a support desk
VaguHst: http://support.vaguhost.com
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, will i be getting WHMCS ( licence ) , so i can install it on any of my personal VPS ( in BOX ) i want
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, Will i be getting free hosting template's before setting up of server, as i will be making some nice web site before launching
VaguHst: You will get it provided at the tiem of the setup.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, i am not comfortable paying with credit card , so can you accept payment from paypal ? I will fund my paypal with credit card.
VaguHst: It's the option in the order link
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, i can not see 20 IP , and $ 120 link in order link , it says 5 IP and $ 126 or something
VaguHst: You will need to palce the order
VaguHst: and once you place it, I will edit the pricing
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, if i pay for 1 year advance , will i be getting some discounts ?
VaguHst: Yes
investmentcrew@gmail.com: How much ?
VaguHst: It would be $1,260 total
VaguHst: for 12 months
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Fine, right now , i will paypal for 1 month , and if i get good service, then you go in for 1 year.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Also, let me know, if in future i need upgrades , at what rates will i be charged ?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Same rates as of today ?
VaguHst: Our upgrade prices are available online
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Can i have a look at them ?
VaguHst: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=655726
VaguHst: They're ilsted there.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Will they be same forever for me ? even if i get upgrade in 2 - 5 months ?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: How fast my server can setup ?
VaguHst: If you plce your order now, i should beable to have it up toady.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: 5 - 6 hours ?
VaguHst: We guarantee 24-48 hours.. BUt, I would say it would be done today. ( December 29 th)
investmentcrew@gmail.com: ok you will be getting paid in 5 mins :) i am satisifed with all your support :)
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Dual Xeon 2.8ghz, 4GB Ram, 2x250GB HD, HyberVM with 30 VPS licence, 2000GB B/W , WHMCS , and 20 IP included for $ 120 / month
investmentcrew@gmail.com: is that fine ?
VaguHst: Correct
investmentcrew@gmail.com: give me 2 mins to setup paypal
investmentcrew@gmail.com: yes, please send me link
VaguHst: You already have the link.
VaguHst: It ist he same as I gave you
VaguHst: http://billing.vaguhost.com/order/?form_id=38
investmentcrew@gmail.com: http://billing.vaguhost.com/order/?form_id=38
VaguHst: correct
investmentcrew@gmail.com: i am entering my domain name as VpsHostingProvider.com , which i have just bought
investmentcrew@gmail.com: will you be assisting us in installing php and mysql in VPS ?
VaguHst: It will be done
investmentcrew@gmail.com: If at sometime our customer ( VPS ) , wants some backend essential like php , ffmpeg ( which i personally do not know how to install ) will it be done by your support
investmentcrew@gmail.com: ?
VaguHst: It can
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Great , then there is no reason which can stop a person from paying you :)
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Filling order
investmentcrew@gmail.com: it says $ 126.65
investmentcrew@gmail.com: shall i fill on ?
VaguHst: I will send you an updated invoice
investmentcrew@gmail.com:

Thank you for your order, for future reference your order number is: 1105
You have chosen to pay via PayPal, please click the button below to complete your payment.
Amount Due: $ 126.65
VaguHst: ok, on sec
VaguHst: I will send you updated invoice
investmentcrew@gmail.com: i m opening email
VaguHst: Sent invoice
investmentcrew@gmail.com: i hope someone is always there at AIM to provide us support ?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: with this same ID we are talking on /
investmentcrew@gmail.com: ?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: I didnt got any invoice
VaguHst: You should have got an email
investmentcrew@gmail.com: This email is being sent to remind you of your account login and password. Please store it in a safe place and do not give it out to anyone who should not have it.
VaguHst: That is correct you can go to
VaguHst: http://billing.vaguhost.com
VaguHst: login with that information
investmentcrew@gmail.com: there was no link :-P
VaguHst: The invoice is pending.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Renewal Date: 01/29/2008 , i hope this should be set to when Box is setup
VaguHst: The date is correct
investmentcrew@gmail.com: But the box will be delivered on 30/12 ?
VaguHst: No
VaguHst: The box will be delivered on 12/29
investmentcrew@gmail.com: 12/29...
investmentcrew@gmail.com: anyways, in http://billing.vaguhost.com/client/service_detail.php?packid=53 , it does not says , 20 IP included.
VaguHst: You will get 20 IPS
VaguHst: It isn't listed
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Payment send
VaguHst: one sec
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Receipt ID: 5TG99907LS8350213
Merchant Contact Information
VaguHost, LLC - Server Avenues
VaguHost, LLC - Server Avenues
support@vaguhost.com
Go to PayPal Account Overview
investmentcrew@gmail.com: This email is being sent to notify you that payment has been received for invoice 1035-52.
The following is a list of the services and the amount received for each.

[53] Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz - WHT Special (SAXE) $ 120.00
----------
Subtotal: $ 120.00
----------
Total: $ 120.00

VaguHst: one sec
VaguHst: checking
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Jeff is it ok ?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Great i was waiting for your reply
VaguHst: Welcome to VaguHost ;-)
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Thank You , I hope we remain friendly as ever
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Just one out of the box question , how is this domain ? vpshostingprovider.com ?
VaguHst: It's cool
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Thanks , we will be reselling through it
VaguHst: No problem.
investmentcrew@gmail.com: If possible send me my BOX photo , in coming week , whenever possible
VaguHst: Sure
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Anyways, i know you must be busy , i will take your leave and wait for your email.
VaguHst: thank you.
VaguHst: It is actually 7:!5AM
VaguHst: I need sleep :-)
investmentcrew@gmail.com: i am sorry
investmentcrew@gmail.com: i kept you awake
VaguHst: I'm ere for you, no problem
investmentcrew@gmail.com: So i will expect email today in 12 - 13 hours ?
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Bye Jeff,
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Good Night
investmentcrew@gmail.com: Have some sweet off the BOX dreams
investmentcrew@gmail.com: ;)

4) So, this was story till 29th December 2007, After making payment, i thought i should talk to Mr. Jeffery on phone, so i called him up on his phone and talked to him, and i found out that he was just 21 years old reselling BurstNET servers.

He mentioned on phone that my server can be ready from anywhere in between 6 - to max. 48 hours , i was disappointed as i was told setup in 6 hours on AIM chat before payment ( I will post our voice talk , which i recorded here soon, if required )

-> I was shocked to see that a member here on WHT paid $ 160 for same server, as he chatted with me on msn. He was amazed to find out that i got same server for $ 120 , and when i talked about this to Mr. Jeff, he told me, that sell Server on rate as much they can to a customer [ WHAT A REPLY]

5) I tried to contact them om 30/12/2007, 31/12/2007 , 1/1/2008 and 2/1/2008 , but Mr. Jeff kept on insisting that my server will be setup soon.

But the issue that was troubling me was, i have been waiting for 4 days and it means i have paid 4 days hosting fees as Setup charges, so i asked them to move my billing date to time of delivery

But Mr. Jeffery kept on insisting that he is now not in billing department now, and Mr. Brandon [ DONT KNOW WHO IS HE ] will reply on 2nd Jan 2008, as he is from Billing department and out for holidays.

6) I made several requests on AIM, Support Suite of Vagu , and emails to move my billing date , but nothing was replied, except telling me to wait.

7) But today after 4 days , 2/1/2008, i was finally send my Server Detail email and when i logged in I found out, i had only 5 IPs in account and root password was not letting me enter Shell, and I was not able to make any XEN VPS too.

8) So, i make ticket with them asking for my other 15 IP , and what they replied was amazing

Code:
Hello,
It is clear to our company that you don't understand the policies that we have in-place. You will need to submit complete justification for the IPS in the form of the following.

You must provide this to the IP Request department for all 5 IPS.. Every hostname must be created etc.. You should also not be building or creating the VPS until you already sold the servers.

Once this is provided to IP Request department then you will need to wait 24-48 hours for issuing on IPS.

Closing ticket.

Now can anyone tell me why was i not alloted my 20 IPs as in invoice ? and Why i should also not be building or creating the VPS until i sold the servers. WHAT WAS THIS CONDITION ? i believe it is my choice to create as many VPS as i want on my server and whenever i want.

9) Anyways, i made several requests to them to allot IP and even told them i will be personally using all these IP for my own sites and family working [ to check there reply ]

10) They did not moved billing date, nor gave more IP and replied

Code:
We offer a OpenVZ enviroment on all servers.. We don't provide a XEN enviroment. It is clearly NOT an option and is NOT supported by our company and nor will it ever be. You can setup all your VPS in a OpenVZ enviroment it is more stable and by far better. You didn't provide ANY justification. Where is the stuff we requested? I don't see any type of information for justification in the form we need it in. Telling me that you are going to use them isn't good enough. We need FULL Justification for those 5 IPS laid out clearly as I told you.

Brandon is out of the office right now and as well as our Billing Department when they get back at 10:00AM EST

Our policies are clear and I'm very clear. I'm not being rude and I'm handling this as professional as possible. If you want the 15 IPS then you provide us justification

I have made myself very clear. We also don't offer refunds because, we have provided the service that we promised.

11) As we all know, there is limit to patience and now it was exceeded, i asked them to refund my paypal or either give what they promise without any useless *terms* and conditions

But he closed all tickets saying i DO NOT HAVE VALID REASON TO get my IP and move of billing date and stopped replying.

12) So, i had no option to contact paypal and tell them my whole problem, and paypal suggested me to open dispute and escalate it for action.

13) I did same, and within 2 minutes the seller ( Mr. Jeff ) replied just 1 line to paypal dispute that - HE SOLD SERVICE And NOT GOODS

14) I got annoyed and visit my Bank and opened dispute on my credit card account, and my bank, issued me temporary full credit to my account, and opened investigation with paypal and vaguhost and send legal documents to there international department in front of me.

15) Now when i came to WHT forums to make this thread, i see that Mr. Jeff WHT ID is banned - webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=186975

Do not know what to say now.

16) Now, i have contacted paypal , my bank , BurstNET.com to suspend his account and help me to take an action

[ I was already in touch with BurstNET people from last 2 days, as i smelled something was going wrong this end , and i am sure , they are reputed company and will take some action ]

* I am lucky that i have all his emails, Phone talk VOICE recordings, and AIM chat logs, which i have supplied to paypal and My Bank by email and personal visit to bank

-------------------------------------------

I do not expect anything from WHT moderators, as they can not help anyone in case of Scam or incorrect behavior of any party.

But i will surely get my amount refunded from paypal and Credit card Bank, I spend time to create this thread, as i wanted to save other people from getting trapped in this cheap deal.

-------------------------------------------

I spend lot of time on creating this thread, and hope to save others from getting in this trap.