Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

* VaguHost.com Review || Unprofessional Scammers ; Please Stay Away

I believe today is saddest day of my life, as i have never been scammed by a host ever.

I will try to make this thread as much informative as i can, so it can be useful to my fellow WHT members and people to come.

I will try to elaborate the issue in points -

1) I was searching for a cheap dedicated server near Christmas, and i just amazed to see low rates offered by VaguHost at webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=655726

2) I quickly chatted with Mr. Jeff (As he claims to be), on AIM, and asked for a custom quote for his first offer mentioned in thread here in WHT -

Code:
    DUAL-XEON28G-PA
    Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz
    4GB of DDR Ram
    2 x 250GB Hard Drive
    2,000GB Bandwidth
    Private VLAN and 5 IPS
    FULLY MANAGED
    $139 /mo
    NO SETUP FEE!

But to my surprise, he told me they can give me same machine for $ 120 if i paypal to them, right now ( some *crap* offer going on )

This is copy of my first chat with him, where he tried to rush me to make payment.

Code:
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: hi
    VaguHst: Hello
    VaguHst: How can I help you?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: I got your AIM from WHT forums
    VaguHst: Great, is there something your interested in?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: I will like to have a quote on dedi box
    VaguHst: On which server?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: when you go here, http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=655726
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: The first box
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: i need same specifications.
    VaguHst: Well, What I currently have is.
    VaguHst: A Dual Xeon 2.8ghz, 4GB Ram, 2x250GB HD, CPanel/DirectAdmin/HyberVM (you pick one) going for $139 with 25% of
    VaguHst: so it makes it $123
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Is it same as first offer on thread ?
    VaguHst: It's a better server.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: how come ?
    VaguHst: For a cheaper price.
    VaguHst: cause, we double the ram, and double the hard drive
    VaguHst: and then take 25% off
    VaguHst: Which makes it $125 ;-)
    VaguHst: err $123
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: How can you can better server, even in thread it says double ram and double space ?
    VaguHst: That is correct
    VaguHst: But, I was referring to the one without it
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: So it is same as in thread ?
    VaguHst: yes
    VaguHst: Just at $123
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: I will like to have VZPP Panel instead of Hyper VM then ?
    VaguHst: That would cost extra.
    VaguHst: How many VPS's?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: around 30
    VaguHst: That's an extra $89.95
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: I will even like to ask that, as you say in thread , unlimited Direct Admin licence , it means it will be valid for all 30 VPS in the server box ?
    VaguHst: No, It's only one.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Only 1 VPS ?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Then why does it says unlimited
    VaguHst: It is an Unlimited DirectAdmin license for the server.
    VaguHst: With Unlimited Domains
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: But it is good for 1 IP ?
    VaguHst: Correct.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Ok i do you accept Credit Card ?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Let me tell me what finally i require, i mean final BOX configurations, if you can do it , i am fine .... I will need A Dual Xeon 2.8ghz, 4GB Ram, 2x250GB HD, HyberVM with 30 VPS licence, 2000GB B/W , WHMCS , and 20 IP included... And i can not pay more, as i am yet to start off with VPS selling company on this box, so it is all investment from my side.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: I am not even sure, will this all money drain or will come back to me, so kindly tell a realistic rate
    VaguHst: One sec
    VaguHst: That is correct.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Great you understand
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: I am just investment all this money in hope to get it back by selling some VPS on it, so if you give a realistic rate, i will be online with you
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: investing*
    VaguHst: I am being realistic with you.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: ok
    VaguHst: We would love to have you as a customer and we can take care of you.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: This please answer my query abobe
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: above*
    VaguHst: What question sir?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Let me tell me what finally i require, i mean final BOX configurations, if you can do it , i am fine .... I will need A Dual Xeon 2.8ghz, 4GB Ram, 2x250GB HD, HyberVM with 30 VPS licence, 2000GB B/W , WHMCS , and 20 IP included... And i can not pay more, as i am yet to start off with VPS selling company on this box, so it is all investment from my side.
    VaguHst: We could include 20 IPS and yes, that is correct.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Good, please give you last rate for this machine then ? (Dual Xeon 2.8ghz, 4GB Ram, 2x250GB HD, HyberVM with 30 VPS licence, 2000GB B/W , WHMCS , and 20 IP included.)
    VaguHst: $126.26
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: I guess it was, (VaguHst: so it makes it $123 ) ( As i mentioned, i am just making a risk investment, thou i am ready to pay $ 120 a month for it; from next month ) , but for first month ( which means from today , if deal is all good ) , i will like you to give me some discount, so i am not ending up with all loss, i will be happy if you can give it for $ 60 ( for first month ) , if yes, i can pay you right now ) I hope you understand my point.
    VaguHst: Sorry, not the way we work.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Then i can not understand why it is $ 123 sometimes or $ 126 or $126.26 sometimes , tell me your last and final rate, my budget is $ 115
    VaguHst: The price is exactly $123
    VaguHst: Or you can take our lower machine
    VaguHst: That weh ave
    VaguHst: a Dual Xeon 2.0ghz, 4gb ram, 2x80gb hd, 1x250gb hd
    VaguHst: for $99
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Only Processor is different , rest all is same ?
    VaguHst: There is 2x80 and 1x250
    VaguHst: isntead of 2x250
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: I would not mind spending $ 15 more ( i mean $ 115 in total , if i get ffirst machine )
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: if you agree, we are on
    VaguHst: I can add another 250GB HD for $15 more
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: You did not got my point , i was trying to say , i would be good if i get my first discussed mahine for $ 115. Instead of going in for this machine.
    VaguHst: I'm not able to offer you the other machine for $115
    VaguHst: As I stated
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Round it off to $ 120 , and send me invoice, i hope this is fine.
    VaguHst: I will have to send you an order link.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Dual Xeon 2.8ghz, 4GB Ram, 2x250GB HD, HyberVM with 30 VPS licence, 2000GB B/W , WHMCS , and 20 IP included
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: investmentcrew@gmail.com
    VaguHst: One sec, I will get you the signup link.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: What will be your setup time, after payment ?
    VaguHst: 24-48 hours.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: No Issue. It is fine, please send payment link , and i will make payment once i reach home in few hours.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: This $ 120 will remain good for all months to come ?
    VaguHst: Correct
    VaguHst: Payment will need to be made within the next 30 minutes to honor the $120 rate.. Or we will revert it back to the $126.
    VaguHst: $123, sorry
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Excuse me
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Please act professional :)
    VaguHst: http://billing.vaguhost.com/order/?form_id=38
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: I am in office now, no card with me, i will get home soon
    VaguHst: There is the correct link.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: I can make payment in few hours to come.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Fine, payment will be made once i get home, nice talking to you
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: I just saw this link , it no where says 20 IP included ?
    VaguHst: It isn't listed but, they are included.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: fine, http://billing.vaguhost.com/order/?form_id=38 will be paid as i reach Home, hope you have good day. Bye

3) Then , i came back to my home from office and initiated chat with Jeffery, the copy is below -

Code:
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Hey , its fine now
    VaguHst: No problem
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Yes, i have 4 questions in my mind
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: How many VPS can be placed on my machine ? i mean what is good number ?
    VaguHst: On That Dual Xeon?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Yes
    VaguHst: realistically probably 12-15
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: i mean to ask , if i give 512 MB ram
    VaguHst: 15-20
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, I saw you giving cpanel licence for VPS very high rate , $ 20
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Most of providers give it for $ 7
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: $ 20 is high rate to sell a VPS
    VaguHst: We don't have the rate of $7.. Our rate is $19.95.. That's the rate we have from our provider therefore, we have to pass it on.
    VaguHst: We currently offer it for VPS at $19.95 and customers pay it with no prboelms.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: www.buyacpanel.com , is giving at $ 15 , can we take from them ?
    VaguHst: sure
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, What is 10 MBPS unmetered ?
    VaguHst: 10 Mpbs unmetered is 10 Mpbs unmetered.. It is a 10 Mpbs connection to our network that is unmetered.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Unlimited Banwidth , is that what it means ?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: B/W *
    VaguHst: No, It means unmetered.
    VaguHst: It means you get a port that's 10 Mpbs
    VaguHst: and it's unmetered.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: i am sorry , i am not able to get it , can you explain , what is relation to it in terms of B/W
    VaguHst: 3000GB of Bandwidth
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, in case of problems , who will give us support, you or your provider ?
    VaguHst: We do.
    VaguHst: We provide support for everything.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: And how will we support given , we do not see your site yet
    VaguHst: We have a support desk
    VaguHst: http://support.vaguhost.com
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, will i be getting WHMCS ( licence ) , so i can install it on any of my personal VPS ( in BOX ) i want
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, Will i be getting free hosting template's before setting up of server, as i will be making some nice web site before launching
    VaguHst: You will get it provided at the tiem of the setup.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, i am not comfortable paying with credit card , so can you accept payment from paypal ? I will fund my paypal with credit card.
    VaguHst: It's the option in the order link
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, i can not see 20 IP , and $ 120 link in order link , it says 5 IP and $ 126 or something
    VaguHst: You will need to palce the order
    VaguHst: and once you place it, I will edit the pricing
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Next, if i pay for 1 year advance , will i be getting some discounts ?
    VaguHst: Yes
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: How much ?
    VaguHst: It would be $1,260 total
    VaguHst: for 12 months
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Fine, right now , i will paypal for 1 month , and if i get good service, then you go in for 1 year.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Also, let me know, if in future i need upgrades , at what rates will i be charged ?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Same rates as of today ?
    VaguHst: Our upgrade prices are available online
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Can i have a look at them ?
    VaguHst: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=655726
    VaguHst: They're ilsted there.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Will they be same forever for me ? even if i get upgrade in 2 - 5 months ?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: How fast my server can setup ?
    VaguHst: If you plce your order now, i should beable to have it up toady.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: 5 - 6 hours ?
    VaguHst: We guarantee 24-48 hours.. BUt, I would say it would be done today. ( December 29 th)
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: ok you will be getting paid in 5 mins :) i am satisifed with all your support :)
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Dual Xeon 2.8ghz, 4GB Ram, 2x250GB HD, HyberVM with 30 VPS licence, 2000GB B/W , WHMCS , and 20 IP included for $ 120 / month
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: is that fine ?
    VaguHst: Correct
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: give me 2 mins to setup paypal
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: yes, please send me link
    VaguHst: You already have the link.
    VaguHst: It ist he same as I gave you
    VaguHst: http://billing.vaguhost.com/order/?form_id=38
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: http://billing.vaguhost.com/order/?form_id=38
    VaguHst: correct
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: i am entering my domain name as VpsHostingProvider.com , which i have just bought
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: will you be assisting us in installing php and mysql in VPS ?
    VaguHst: It will be done
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: If at sometime our customer ( VPS ) , wants some backend essential like php , ffmpeg ( which i personally do not know how to install ) will it be done by your support
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: ?
    VaguHst: It can
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Great , then there is no reason which can stop a person from paying you :)
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Filling order
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: it says $ 126.65
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: shall i fill on ?
    VaguHst: I will send you an updated invoice
    investmentcrew@gmail.com:

Thank you for your order, for future reference your order number is: 1105
    You have chosen to pay via PayPal, please click the button below to complete your payment.
    Amount Due: $ 126.65
    VaguHst: ok, on sec
    VaguHst: I will send you updated invoice
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: i m opening email
    VaguHst: Sent invoice
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: i hope someone is always there at AIM to provide us support ?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: with this same ID we are talking on /
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: ?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: I didnt got any invoice
    VaguHst: You should have got an email
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: This email is being sent to remind you of your account login and password. Please store it in a safe place and do not give it out to anyone who should not have it.
    VaguHst: That is correct you can go to
    VaguHst: http://billing.vaguhost.com
    VaguHst: login with that information
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: there was no link :-P
    VaguHst: The invoice is pending.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Renewal Date: 01/29/2008 , i hope this should be set to when Box is setup
    VaguHst: The date is correct
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: But the box will be delivered on 30/12 ?
    VaguHst: No
    VaguHst: The box will be delivered on 12/29
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: 12/29...
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: anyways, in http://billing.vaguhost.com/client/service_detail.php?packid=53 , it does not says , 20 IP included.
    VaguHst: You will get 20 IPS
    VaguHst: It isn't listed
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Payment send
    VaguHst: one sec
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Receipt ID: 5TG99907LS8350213
    Merchant Contact Information
    VaguHost, LLC - Server Avenues
    VaguHost, LLC - Server Avenues
    support@vaguhost.com
    Go to PayPal Account Overview
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: This email is being sent to notify you that payment has been received for invoice 1035-52.
    The following is a list of the services and the amount received for each.

[53] Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz - WHT Special (SAXE) $ 120.00
    ----------
    Subtotal: $ 120.00
    ----------
    Total: $ 120.00

VaguHst: one sec
    VaguHst: checking
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Jeff is it ok ?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Great i was waiting for your reply
    VaguHst: Welcome to VaguHost ;-)
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Thank You , I hope we remain friendly as ever
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Just one out of the box question , how is this domain ? vpshostingprovider.com ?
    VaguHst: It's cool
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Thanks , we will be reselling through it
    VaguHst: No problem.
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: If possible send me my BOX photo , in coming week , whenever possible
    VaguHst: Sure
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Anyways, i know you must be busy , i will take your leave and wait for your email.
    VaguHst: thank you.
    VaguHst: It is actually 7:!5AM
    VaguHst: I need sleep :-)
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: i am sorry
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: i kept you awake
    VaguHst: I'm ere for you, no problem
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: So i will expect email today in 12 - 13 hours ?
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Bye Jeff,
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Good Night
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: Have some sweet off the BOX dreams
    investmentcrew@gmail.com: ;)

4) So, this was story till 29th December 2007, After making payment, i thought i should talk to Mr. Jeffery on phone, so i called him up on his phone and talked to him, and i found out that he was just 21 years old reselling BurstNET servers.

He mentioned on phone that my server can be ready from anywhere in between 6 - to max. 48 hours , i was disappointed as i was told setup in 6 hours on AIM chat before payment ( I will post our voice talk , which i recorded here soon, if required )

-> I was shocked to see that a member here on WHT paid $ 160 for same server, as he chatted with me on msn. He was amazed to find out that i got same server for $ 120 , and when i talked about this to Mr. Jeff, he told me, that sell Server on rate as much they can to a customer [ WHAT A REPLY]

5) I tried to contact them om 30/12/2007, 31/12/2007 , 1/1/2008 and 2/1/2008 , but Mr. Jeff kept on insisting that my server will be setup soon.

But the issue that was troubling me was, i have been waiting for 4 days and it means i have paid 4 days hosting fees as Setup charges, so i asked them to move my billing date to time of delivery

But Mr. Jeffery kept on insisting that he is now not in billing department now, and Mr. Brandon [ DONT KNOW WHO IS HE ] will reply on 2nd Jan 2008, as he is from Billing department and out for holidays.

6) I made several requests on AIM, Support Suite of Vagu , and emails to move my billing date , but nothing was replied, except telling me to wait.

7) But today after 4 days , 2/1/2008, i was finally send my Server Detail email and when i logged in I found out, i had only 5 IPs in account and root password was not letting me enter Shell, and I was not able to make any XEN VPS too.

8) So, i make ticket with them asking for my other 15 IP , and what they replied was amazing

Code:
    Hello,
    It is clear to our company that you don't understand the policies that we have in-place. You will need to submit complete justification for the IPS in the form of the following.

You must provide this to the IP Request department for all 5 IPS.. Every hostname must be created etc.. You should also not be building or creating the VPS until you already sold the servers.

Once this is provided to IP Request department then you will need to wait 24-48 hours for issuing on IPS.

Closing ticket.

Now can anyone tell me why was i not alloted my 20 IPs as in invoice ? and Why i should also not be building or creating the VPS until i sold the servers. WHAT WAS THIS CONDITION ? i believe it is my choice to create as many VPS as i want on my server and whenever i want.

9) Anyways, i made several requests to them to allot IP and even told them i will be personally using all these IP for my own sites and family working [ to check there reply ]

10) They did not moved billing date, nor gave more IP and replied

Code:
    We offer a OpenVZ enviroment on all servers.. We don't provide a XEN enviroment. It is clearly NOT an option and is NOT supported by our company and nor will it ever be. You can setup all your VPS in a OpenVZ enviroment it is more stable and by far better. You didn't provide ANY justification. Where is the stuff we requested? I don't see any type of information for justification in the form we need it in. Telling me that you are going to use them isn't good enough. We need FULL Justification for those 5 IPS laid out clearly as I told you.

Brandon is out of the office right now and as well as our Billing Department when they get back at 10:00AM EST

Our policies are clear and I'm very clear. I'm not being rude and I'm handling this as professional as possible. If you want the 15 IPS then you provide us justification

I have made myself very clear. We also don't offer refunds because, we have provided the service that we promised.

11) As we all know, there is limit to patience and now it was exceeded, i asked them to refund my paypal or either give what they promise without any useless *terms* and conditions

But he closed all tickets saying i DO NOT HAVE VALID REASON TO get my IP and move of billing date and stopped replying.

12) So, i had no option to contact paypal and tell them my whole problem, and paypal suggested me to open dispute and escalate it for action.

13) I did same, and within 2 minutes the seller ( Mr. Jeff ) replied just 1 line to paypal dispute that - HE SOLD SERVICE And NOT GOODS

14) I got annoyed and visit my Bank and opened dispute on my credit card account, and my bank, issued me temporary full credit to my account, and opened investigation with paypal and vaguhost and send legal documents to there international department in front of me.

15) Now when i came to WHT forums to make this thread, i see that Mr. Jeff WHT ID is banned - webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=186975

Do not know what to say now.

16) Now, i have contacted paypal , my bank , BurstNET.com to suspend his account and help me to take an action

[ I was already in touch with BurstNET people from last 2 days, as i smelled something was going wrong this end , and i am sure , they are reputed company and will take some action ]

* I am lucky that i have all his emails, Phone talk VOICE recordings, and AIM chat logs, which i have supplied to paypal and My Bank by email and personal visit to bank

-------------------------------------------

I do not expect anything from WHT moderators, as they can not help anyone in case of Scam or incorrect behavior of any party.

But i will surely get my amount refunded from paypal and Credit card Bank, I spend time to create this thread, as i wanted to save other people from getting trapped in this cheap deal.

-------------------------------------------

I spend lot of time on creating this thread, and hope to save others from getting in this trap.
      0 Not allowed!

Server Taken Down

I just saw that my Server has been taken off line, as it is no more accessible by hyper spin or from anywhere.

I have submitted this ticket to them,

----------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Now that we see you have taken down server -

----------------------------
    IP Address: 66.197.xxx.xxx
    Username: xxxx
    Password:xxx
    Server: xxx
    ----------------------------

So, we will suggest you to refund the money with all respect and honor and will make sure this issue is sort out ethically.

We from our end ensure you that, we will take all measures to stop this issue, once you have refunded us back.

As we know, and have discussed in length that it is not practically possible for me to work on *your conditions* anymore and secondly you have taken down server also.

Kindly issue refund from paypal, so we can move on.

Thanking You in Advance

-----------------------------------------------

I hope VaguHost aka Mr. Jeffary now does not stretches this issue and offer refund, so we both can part our ways in good understandings.
      0 Not allowed!

First of all, let me step in here and make something clear. I wasn't banned from here. It was a misunderstanding on the mods.

We are not a company that scams anyone. Install delays do happen especially around the Holidays and you ordered on New Years eve. I asked you to make payment within 15 minutes to get your order in for the batch that I was submitting at the time.

Your server is not down and will not be taken down at this time. We will NOT take the server down until the proper cancellation is submitted. I was able to login to your server completely fine and the uptime is also completely fine. I would appreciate if you would stop attempting to lie about our company.

Apparently, this user attempted to shut his own machine down to make it appear that we shut his server off which was totally not true.

[root@localhost ~]# uptime
    09:48:26 up 7 min, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.16, 0.11
    [root@localhost ~]#

The IP policy is pretty much standard with any company you go to. We stated plainly that we had no problem giving you the IPS. You submitted numerous support tickets and we told you numerous times the exact same time. With justification I have no problem issuing you the IPS. Our provider requires this and so does ARIN.

In the end, this customer refused to follow policy and provide IP Justifcation, Demanded the IPS within 5 minutes or he would do a chargeback, and then attempted to shut his machine down to say that we shut his server off.

A refund will not be issued because, we provided service to this customer and don't feel the customer should receive a refund. We have even stated we would provide him the IPS with justification and he refused.

We take care of each and everyone of our customers and this one is one that you can't please!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by VAGU-Jeffrey View Post
    First of all, let me step in here and make something clear. I wasn't banned from here. It was a misunderstanding on the mods.

We are not a company that scams anyone. Install delays do happen especially around the Holidays and you ordered on New Years eve. I asked you to make payment within 15 minutes to get your order in for the batch that I was submitting at the time.

Your server is not down and will not be taken down at this time. We will NOT take the server down until the proper cancellation is submitted. I was able to login to your server completely fine and the uptime is also completely fine. I would appreciate if you would stop attempting to lie about our company.

Apparently, this user attempted to shut his own machine down to make it appear that we shut his server off which was totally not true.

09:48:26 up 7 min, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.16, 0.11
    [root@localhost ~]#

The IP policy is pretty much standard with any company you go to. We stated plainly that we had no problem giving you the IPS. You submitted numerous support tickets and we told you numerous times the exact same time. With justification I have no problem issuing you the IPS. Our provider requires this and so does ARIN.

In the end, this customer refused to follow policy and provide IP Justifcation, Demanded the IPS within 5 minutes or he would do a chargeback, and then attempted to shut his machine down to say that we shut his server off.

A refund will not be issued because, we provided service to this customer and don't feel the customer should receive a refund. We have even stated we would provide him the IPS with justification and he refused.

We take care of each and everyone of our customers and this one is one that you can't please!

I was first thinking you to be bit mature, but now i am sure you are 21 years old immature person when you say

Code:

We have not been using the server, as it is not better then Crap for us here, and was not delivered as per specification and on time.

And who are you to say -

I should also not be building or creating the VPS until i sold the servers. WHAT WAS THIS CONDITION ? i believe it is my choice to create as many VPS as i want on my server and whenever i want.

Anyways, i will advice you to refund, as i have already been credited back by my Credit Card Bank , and it is paypal now who is hanging in between.

If you have so many satisfied customers at your end, i will prefer you sell this machine to them and relieve us.

I am in no way going to except this machine now, as i have already initiated chargeback from paypal and my bank.

So take off the server offline, as we do not need it anymore and this is been informed to paypal , bank, and BurstNET DC.

I will prefer if you can talk sensibly and respectfully. I ensure you keeping my $120 for no services can get your company no where.

As told, you are selling same Server to people at all the cost, ranging from $ 120 to $ 160, but i do not care about it,as i am asking for refund.

We can not work with an immature company like you, who can reply to people with different staff names.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm on VaguHosts side.

I don't have much time but I'll quickly go through my points:

1). setup, you were promised 48 hours, 2 days, BUT look at the date, its the holiday season, support remains the same, but of course setup will take longer

2). posting that Jeff is 21 and resells out of BurstNET is TOTALLY over the line. Firstly, age really doesn't matter, 21 is a fine age for running a hosting company. Secondly, reselling out of a large datacenter doesn't matter either.

3). telling other customers about your personal discount is also over the line, that discount is not a public discount, its between you and VaguHost, not the world

4). the IP's, of course you need to justify them, why? Because multiple IP's can be used for : black hat SEO, phishing sites, UCE (spam) to host multiple websites, you don't need multiple IP's

5). you took the server offline, you blatantly did this to attack VaguHost. It seems like, because you didn't get a powerful server for $60, and because you didn't get it immediately, you are trying to bash them as much as possible, which is utterly ridiculous.

We are a happy VaguHost customer, with 2 servers now running multiple VPS's and I can only say it's been great. Setup times have been a little slow, but thats the holiday season for you, our first server was setup very quickly. I highly commend Jeffery, Brandon and the rest of the support staff at VaguHost, they do a wonderful job
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!
      0 Not allowed!

I've never heard of this provider before, but I thought I would give you a tip when dealing with PayPal.

PayPal won't cover non-tangible goods, for those who don't know the definition, tangible means you can detect with with your senses (sight, smell, touch etc...). If in your PayPal dispute you mention that you are renting the use of a physical server which is of course tangible then they might go with your side.

Best of luck!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hosting Puppy - Tom View Post
    I've never heard of this provider before, but I thought I would give you a tip when dealing with PayPal.

PayPal won't cover non-tangible goods, for those who don't know the definition, tangible means you can detect with with your senses (sight, smell, touch etc...). If in your PayPal dispute you mention that you are renting the use of a physical server which is of course tangible then they might go with your side.

Best of luck!
    Hello,

Thanks for wishes, as i mentioned my Credit Card Company [ Paypal Was funded by CC ] , has refunded me my money on dispute conditions and have contacted paypal.

I have mentioned, what you said in paypal dispute, thou i am sure of refund from paypal
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by VpsHosting View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for wishes, as i mentioned my Credit Card Company [ Paypal Was funded by CC ] , has refunded me my money on dispute conditions and have contacted paypal.

I have mentioned, what you said in paypal dispute, thou i am sure of refund from paypal
    So you have actually received your refund correct?
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    So you have actually received your refund correct?
    Hello Coolraul,

Thanks for making a point to reply here. I will tell you what is the issue.

I have paid them by paypal + attached Credit Card.

Now, i have initiated dispute with paypal as well as my CC Bank, Paypal have rest to give decision, as the hosting provider is not refunding himself.

And my Bank, is taking up en query of this matter, and has given me assurance that they will take up matter in top priority and will ensure refund until this company has empty there paypal.

Cool Raul as i said, if i am not happy with there attitude and will never be, i will suggest them to refund me, and i can even pay them $ 10 as fees for server deployment for 3 hours. ( for today )

Please let me move on, as i am not happy with attitude that

- I can not create VPS on my own Server till i sell "VPS"
    - I can not get addition IP, till i use my IP ?
    - I can not make XEN VPS
    - I am not able to get billing replies from last 4 days, to move my billing cycle.

CoolRaul you must can now think , how can i cope up with this ?

When i have told him to reply me via his kayako support suite , and not WHT forums (Ticket ID: WOH-747492 )

Please issue me refund, so i can move on, and Vagu can even deal with others,
      0 Not allowed!

New Discover

I just logged on to my Server and found new thing -

I have been provided server with 2 GB RAM , instead of 4 GB as mentioned in invoice.

[root@localhost ~]# free -m
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 2024 540 1484 0 150 180
    -/+ buffers/cache: 208 1815
    Swap: 2047 0 2047
    [root@localhost ~]#

I hope Jeff will now please issue me refund, and can sell this machine to anyone who is needing it.

We ordered for 4 GB machine.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sorry, I have to post again. Just about the different names thing. I know VaguHost isn't a one man team, because I personally know (from elsewhere) other members of the team.

Asking for a refund is ridiculous, VaguHost have spent money setting up this server for you, which is now fine, and you throw in in their face. You need to learn a thing called patience.
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBytes View Post
    I'm sorry, I have to post again. Just about the different names thing. I know VaguHost isn't a one man team, because I personally know (from elsewhere) other members of the team.

Asking for a refund is ridiculous, VaguHost have spent money setting up this server for you, which is now fine, and you throw in in their face. You need to learn a thing called patience.
    Yes right, you have lot of patience to make threads and show that you care for them. Anyways thanks for your esteem comments, hope you would not spam more.

PS = http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=660296
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,
    It was delivered to the EXACT specifications with the exception of the IP Address(s) that require justification. You were given 5 to use and told to justify those and get more.

Replying with different staff names? I don't think so man. I'm sure the mods can verify that Vagu-Brandon and Vagu-Jeffrey come from two different IPS and locations. We are two totally different people.

We are not an Immature company. We work to please all of our customers.

I would also like to post that you have infact logged into SSH and the server.

[root@localhost ~]# Last login: Wed Jan 2 05:59:35 2008 from 122.162.xx.1xx

Also, It wasn't the same server.. It was different machines with two different control panel systems. Our special wasn't valid at the time that the customer signed up that you refer to.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,
    It was delivered to the EXACT specifications with the exception of the IP Address(s) that require justification. You were given 5 to use and told to justify those and get more.

Replying with different staff names? I don't think so man. I'm sure the mods can verify that Vagu-Brandon and Vagu-Jeffrey come from two different IPS and locations. We are two totally different people.

We are not an Immature company. We work to please all of our customers.

I would also like to post that you have infact logged into SSH and the server.

[root@localhost ~]# Last login: Wed Jan 2 05:59:35 2008 from 122.162.xx.1xx

Also, It wasn't the same server.. It was different machines with two different control panel systems. Our special wasn't valid at the time that the customer signed up that you refer to.

Hello,

See as i mentioned, i am not in mood to have any argument with you, even if you feel it is my mistake in choosing you.

Server is again offline, as shown by HyperSpin, i hope now you do not say client shut down server from DC.

Have a look at screenshot -

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1660/traceov5.png

Please being a respected person and "Reputed company like you mentioned" Refund and let us move on.

I am sure, you do not have so much time to waste on this matter, but as i have been scammed of $ 120, i will make sure, i get it refunded from your side.

I do not care, about the things you say or i say, as they are pretty useless, and not concerned when the buyer is not satisfied with you and needs refund.

I request you with all respect and honor to refund and let us close it here.
      0 Not allowed!

The screen shot is going to show "Connection Timed Out" when you logged into HyperVM and pressed "Restart" or "Shutdown" and then attempted.

It is clear that he did it again.

10:20:33 up 1 min, 1 user, load average: 0.79, 0.26, 0.09
    [root@localhost ~]#
      0 Not allowed!

The screen shot is going to show "Connection Timed Out" when you logged into HyperVM and pressed "Restart" or "Shutdown" and then attempted.

It is clear that he did it again.

10:20:33 up 1 min, 1 user, load average: 0.79, 0.26, 0.09
    [root@localhost ~]#
    Hello

Server came online now , for your reference

Last login: Wed Jan 2 10:20:31 2008 from adsl-070-157-233-212.sip.asm.bellsouth.net

Please as i mentioned, we respect you and honor if you refund us, as we have already initiated procedure, and there is no point in creating hassle on WHT forum.

I am sure, if you spend this much time on getting new clients it will fetch you more money.

I am kindly asking for refund from you, as we can not adjust with your attitude.

Please do not reply more over here, and kindly issue refund and let me know
      0 Not allowed!

Learn how to manage your servers before asking for a refund. This doesn't seem to be their issue at all.

Of course IP's need to be justified in such amounts. And whatever happens to your server that makes it reboot, thats your problem. You could ask for a specifiek hardware replace if you can proove one is faulty...other than that its up to you to fix.