Arrow Need A Server Administration Company

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post it, but I am looking for a server administration company that is willing to meet my requirements.

All of our servers are behind a hardware firewall and require the administrator to log into our VPN before he can SSH into any of our servers for maintenance.

Do any of you guys know of a server administration company that is able to work under these conditions and also has 24 hour emergency support should I need it?

I am looking for a monthly service where we pay on a per server basis and they consistently check for things that need to be upgraded or patched.

We currently use Total Server Solutions, but they don't seem to be able to support our new configuration. Luckily, this new setup won't be live for another month or so.
    Joel Strellner

Just in case I wasn't fully clear above, I am looking for any recommendations on companies to look at from anyone who has suggestions. If you have any, please post below.
    Joel Strellner

As long as you provide a way to GET them to your VPN, I don't see how this is a problem for ANY administration company. Of course, if you're not providing them that, then nobody can help you out .

This could actually be worked around, by setting up a proxy server (something like antinat) on one of your servers, and listening only to one port (make it non standard), then accepting connections only FROM one range of ip's (or only a single one). From there, they can 'tunnel' out to the other servers via your VPN. Of course, they'd have to have the software to do that, not really sure if your basic 'putty' would work.
    Last edited by whmcsguru; 12-15-2007 at 09:36 PM.

We are a server management company. We can do this work.

I have sent you a pm with details. Kindly check.

Best regards,
    http://creawebsolutions.com
    Server Management & Web Security.

We can assist you with this. We currently do this with a few clients.

Email: sales@rack911.com
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Hello

We are young and dynamic team and are available 24x7 via MSN and AIM. references can be provided please contact us at sales@24x7servermanagement.com
    www.24x7servermanagement.com
    Server Management, Server Security, Server Monitoring.
    India's Leading Managed Service Provider !! Skype: techs24x7

We can provide this service to you at a Fraction of the cost a bigger company would charge you. Deal with us direct, and see results.

If you are as interested as we are to get this work done for you, then please e-mail me directly; shaunp@jvsinternet.com

Take care,
    Shaun P

Hello there Joel,
    My team and I would love to do this for you. We have experience with the EV1 network, and it's many features, as well as VPNs.
    Shoot us an email to sales@racksecurity.net, and we'll get you squared away.

Zach

linux-tech,

Thank you for the suggestions. Yes, I will provide the admin company with a copy of the VPN software as well as a login to access our systems.

Our current server company, Total Server Solutions, did suggest something similar to what you suggested, but it doesn't seem to be as clean of a solution as I'd like. The main thing is that it opens a big hole in the secure setup that we are going for. If anyone compromises that server, they can get into any of the other systems easily.

Right now I am looking at the alternative that TSS suggested very closely since for the most part, I have always liked the work that they do. However, I am still looking at other solutions and companies that would make me feel better about the security.

Some of you may be getting contacted from me soon.
    Joel Strellner

Quote Originally Posted by xerocity.com View Post
    Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post it, but I am looking for a server administration company that is willing to meet my requirements.

All of our servers are behind a hardware firewall and require the administrator to log into our VPN before he can SSH into any of our servers for maintenance.

Do any of you guys know of a server administration company that is able to work under these conditions and also has 24 hour emergency support should I need it?

I am looking for a monthly service where we pay on a per server basis and they consistently check for things that need to be upgraded or patched.

We currently use Total Server Solutions, but they don't seem to be able to support our new configuration. Luckily, this new setup won't be live for another month or so.
    We can provide you with service that meets your requirements. Try us (www.bobcares.com - An ISO 9001:2000 company ).If you are interested then drop in an email to sales@bobcares.com
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Two decade in Web Hosting Industry

Please check your PM.

Hello,

We will do this for you.
    Thanks.
    Back after a long time!
    SupportWebHost.com