Looking for reliable host

Hi

I am planning to change hosts to a host who can provide 99.9% uptime, enough bandwidth to potentially support 2000-3000 hits a day, with very fast page load times. I need support for PHP, MySQL db(s), htaccess, and many other industry standard features.

I am trying to stay away from companies that say they give 300GB for $7 a month because in their TOS they say that you shouldn't use a fraction of it to be fair to other people on the same server. I should only need 2GB max, but I need the guarantee that there will be no problems if I reach that limit. I need a "what you see is what you get" type plan - no small print conditions.

Good security response for any attacks is important too.

If anyone can give some suggestions, that would be great!

Thanks!

I would say that is a very realistic request. What is your budget?
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

Well my current host charges around $7 a month but until I start getting the traffic required to generate any revenue I can't really afford much more.

AxisHost.com (Reliable, has cPanel, no outrageous plans, within your budget)

PrecisionEffect.com (Realiable, no outrageous plans, within your budget)
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

Good security response for any attacks is important too.
    Are you expecting any kinds of attacks on your web site?

Your request is reasonable, and you should have no problem finding a reliable web hosting company that meets your requirements.

you can go ahead with good shared packege, if you go to special offer section you will got good packages for good price, start with pre-sales question and make sure about support, backup, security and uptime as well.

Quote Originally Posted by doom parrot View Post
    ... with very fast page load times. I need support for PHP, MySQL db(s), htaccess...
    If this is your priority I'd suggest you increase your budget by $3 and try Medialayer ($10pm for very fast-loading PHP/MySQL pages).
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Your budget is too low for a host which doesn't oversell. Your budget should be atleast 15$.
    HighLayer - Canadian Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Latest cPanel/WHM - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 24/7 Support
    Visit www.highlayer.com or Call 1-888-84-LAYER

I am willing to try the $10 medialayer plan if anyone else can give me the thumbs up. Because my site will not get many visitors to start with (like with any new website), I don't really want to pay more than $10 a month.

I think you should consider bringing your budget higher then that. Just curious why you are moving from your current host? Uptime problems?

Medialayer is a great buy, you won't be disappointed.

You want to be sure that you find a company that is truly responsive to you for customer support. It does you no good to get a great plan at a great price if the support is not there when you need it.
    1HostGuy - SEO Web Site Hosting

I would probably go to offer section; and check into hosts for pricing and specs first. Then get back to here and ask for opinions.
    ResellerTemple.Com & CsIdea.US
    Marketing & Design & Programming for Competitive Price!

My current host is IX. I've heard they can be unreliable and support sometimes takes a while to get a response (and the overselling is outrageous). Does medialayer have fast support?

2-3k hits isn't much. You should be able to find a good host for your needs within the $5-12/month market.

With that budget you can find a great host that doesn't over-sell. Just search around the offers section im sure you will find the right company.

- Daniel