Exclamation Established Hosting Business - 2.5 Years Old - 325+ Clients - $3000+ Per Month

Hello,

For sale here is my hosting business consisting of 325+ clients using shared web (standard,reseller and master reseller) hosting and Shoutcast (standard and reseller) hosting.

This business is my pride and joy. The work I have personally put into this over the past 2.5 years is tremendous and I'm very proud of my achievement.

The reason I am selling is simply because I no longer have the time to focus on this project. I have many other projects which have yet to be started and I feel that it's time to move on and the new year seems like a great time to do so.

The business name will only be revealed to the buyer as if it were made public current clients could easily find out and it would cause mass-confusion and would be a general nuisance to both myself and the new owner. We are looking for a smooth transition and it's advised to inform the clients after they have already been transferred to your servers (we have used this technique twice before when acquiring two other companies and it's proven to work well). The new owner will have a choice from either integrating the clients with their current hosting business should they have one or taking over the entire name/branding of ours.

The WHMCS and Kayako eSupport databases contain a lot of important billing and support information respectively and will be transferred to the new owner.

Currently 355GB of disk space is being used excluding backups. The monthly bandwidth usage is approximately 700GB excluding rSync backups. There are approximately 2700 US web hosting accounts and 300 UK web hosting accounts. All of the Shoutcast accounts are UK based and this totals 46 users with 42 Shoutcast servers in total (some users may be suspended or haven't created servers). There's nothing stopping you from putting everyone on US based servers however it may annoy a few clients. 99% of them wouldn't be fussed I predict. The web hosting is all cPanel based and the Shoutcast is all Cast-Control Professional based, everything runs on Linux. Roughly speaking I would say 60% of clients are from the US,30% from the UK and 10% from other countries such as India.

WHMCS is showing the annual income as $23,000. Additionally I would say there's easily $1000 per year from clients outside of the billing system and domain renewals.

$24,000 / 12 months = $2000 per month

There’s roughly $1000 per month in new eBay orders (if you follow my current strategy which I will explain in great detail).

So existing clients as of now equate to $2000 per month and adding $1000 per month in eBay sales brings the total monthly revenue to $3000.

Payments are mainly (as in 99.9% of them) received via PayPal with a few bank transfers and the very odd cheque or Money Bookers payment being received.

Owned licenses for Kayako eSupport, WHMCS and Cast-Control Professional will be included if purchased at BIN price otherwise will cost $150 each (not being sold at this heavily discounted price seperately, for the buyer of this business only). Over 60 Flash tutorials, website domain/material and client domains will be included with the sale.

Costs: I would advise you to buy 3 servers, you can get 3 suitable Opteron servers from SoftLayer for a total of $390 per month. My eBay sales strategy (proven to work for over a year, will provide detailed instructions) involves approximately $200 of fees per month. So we are talking roughly $590 in costs per month although this very much depends on how you choose to do it and you may already have servers.

This auction will end on the 5th January 2008 which allows the new owner 10 days to complete the transfer of all accounts and information from our servers. During this 10 day period we shall provide any assistance if required. I will also give you my personal mobile telephone number and you may phone me for any help/advice during this period. If purchased at the BIN price we are willing to complete the WHM to WHM account transfers using our PCs/Laptops/Windows servers in our offices. We have done this many times before and I'd go as far as saying we are experts in this field. Otherwise this service will cost you extra or will have to be completed by yourself and/or your staff.

Payment may be sent via bank transfer,cheque (obviously we shall wait for the cheque to clear if you pay this way) or PayPal if you are willing to pay the associated fees.

Finally I would like to thank you for viewing this sale.

This auction is being posted on multiple forums and other private contacts have also shown interest. I reserve the right to cancel this sale or refuse bids/offers from buyers with no/low posts/history or if other suspicious signs are present. Scammers and time-wasters need not apply.

Starting Bid: $12,000
    BIN: $20,000
    End: Saturday 5th January 2008 @ Time This Thread Was Created

Thanks.

Here's a few PayPal screenshots with client/company names and irrelevant transactions blocked out.

Payments received from existing clients over past few days:

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9020/60855221nb0.jpg

Payments received from new orders over a 10-day period:

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/15/18578882wa5.jpg
    SmileServe | Simple Solutions Which Make You Smile
    LiteSpeed - R1Soft - FFMPEG - RVSkin - RVSiteBuilder Pro - Softaculous - CloudFare
    24/7 Support - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.99% Uptime Guarantee
    www.SmileServe.com

can I email or pm you with specific questions?

For sale here is my hosting business consisting of 325+ clients using shared web (standard,reseller and master reseller) hosting and Shoutcast (standard and reseller) hosting.
    How many of each type of client ?
    How many servers ?
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by maxmedia1 View Post
    can I email or pm you with specific questions?
    Sure, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech View Post
    How many of each type of client ?
    How many servers ?
    I would say 90% of our clients are web hosting clients and have either a normal Reseller or Master Reseller account. The remaining 10% covers other accounts (normal hosting accounts) and Shoutcast accounts.

We currently have two servers (one small UK server and one VERY powerful 16 core server in the US). However we recommend the buyer splits the accounts over at least 3 "reasonable-spec" Opteron servers, we actually intended on doing this ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RAH104 View Post
    I would say 90% of our clients are web hosting clients and have either a normal Reseller or Master Reseller account
    Interested in knowing how may "master resellers" to gauge the work involved in scrapping the software.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech View Post
    Interested in knowing how may "master resellers" to gauge the work involved in scrapping the software.

I would estimate that there's around 30 on the UK server and around 70 on the US server. Hope that helps.

Hi,

Are these master reseller and reseller accounts on "unlimited" packages?
    OSHS Ltd
    OSHS Services - DNS Clusters | R1Soft Licenses | Remote Backup Storage | R1Soft CDP Storage | Cheap Dedicated Servers
    EconDC.com - Enterprise UK Server Colo & Rack Space at Lowest Prices

Quote Originally Posted by suhailc View Post
    Hi,

Are these master reseller and reseller accounts on "unlimited" packages?
    Yes, we offer "unlimited within reason". In other words clients are free to use as much as they want as long as it doesn't cause a negative effect on other users. Very rarely do people break this rule - I believe the last person was around a year ago and they were running an eBook website which was over 30GB in size. We questioned the copyright of some of these eBooks and ended up telling them to move elsewhere. I do realise that there is no such thing as "unlimited" sized hard drives etc and so do our clients. Over the past 2.5 years this strategy has worked flawlessly.

awesome please email me your msn or aim contact i want to talk more
    sales@ webuyhosts.com

Quote Originally Posted by webuyhosts View Post
    awesome please email me your msn or aim contact i want to talk more
    sales@ webuyhosts.com
    I'm afraid we don't use MSN/AIM, please send me a PM and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks.

Can you tell us what type of plans you are selling? Are they reasonable or overselling type plans?

One sample plan that you sell would help a lot

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali View Post
    Can you tell us what type of plans you are selling? Are they reasonable or overselling type plans?

One sample plan that you sell would help a lot
    I pretty much answered this already:

We offer "unlimited within reason" packages. In other words clients are free to use as much as they want as long as it doesn't cause a negative effect on other users. Very rarely do people break this rule - I believe the last person was around a year ago and they were running an eBook website which was over 30GB in size. We questioned the copyright of some of these eBooks and ended up telling them to move elsewhere. I do realise that there is no such thing as "unlimited" sized hard drives etc and so do our clients. Over the past 2.5 years this strategy has worked flawlessly.

Example Package:
    Unlimited Reseller Hosting - $19.99 per month or $199.99 per year

Hope that helps.

Confirming offer as discussed by PM $12,000

Thanks othellotech. We have received a BIN offer and I have requested that it be posted here publicly. Please note that different terms apply to each offer so we haven't accepted any offers at this time. In addition there's several other interested parties who again have been requested to post any offers here rather than via PM. I am doing this to ensure a fair bidding environment.

webuyhosts - Please clear some space in your PM box so that we can respond to your question.

We have received 2 requests to obtain/buy information on our current eBay sales strategy. We have refused to reveal this information as we believe it would be unfair to the buyer. I would like to stress that this method is absolutely 100% unique and exlusive to us and as such is worth a great value indeed.

As discussed via PM, my offer is the BIN. $20,000.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

Thanks Bobby - we are still accepting offers and each will be reviewed appropriately.

hm, what's the point of having BIN if you are still accepting offer even after somebody offer you your BIN price?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    hm, what's the point of having BIN if you are still accepting offer even after somebody offer you your BIN price?
    Thats a good question and perhaps I didn't explain it clearly enough before, in which case I apologise. Each offer we have received has a different set of terms (eg. one party wants to pay in full and another doesn't) and therefore we have to take this into consideration when reviewing the offers.

Can you send a NDA to pierre [AT] webdomain.com?
    WEBDOMAIN.com: WHERE IT ALL BEGINS!
    We host web sites and register domain names since 2000.
    CLICK HERE TO CONTACT A SALES REPRESENTATIVE LIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by WebDomain.com View Post
    Can you send a NDA to pierre [AT] webdomain.com?
    We currently don't require an NDA. Thanks.

How can we receive then further detailed informations?
    WEBDOMAIN.com: WHERE IT ALL BEGINS!
    We host web sites and register domain names since 2000.
    CLICK HERE TO CONTACT A SALES REPRESENTATIVE LIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by WebDomain.com View Post
    How can we receive then further detailed informations?
    Simply PM me with any queries you may have. Thanks.

Just a reminder - there's less than 24 hours to go till we end the auction and reach a decision.

As discussed via PM, I am willing to offer 12,500 USD

Thanks CrystalVPS for your offer. We curently have 5 offers on the table and the auction ends in 20 minutes.

This auction is now over. We will not be accepting further offers however existing bidders may adjust their offers. We will be announcing the winner on Monday. Thanks for everyones interest.

Hello

Any Idea, when the decision will be made, unless its been made, and I didnt win

Thanks

Hello,

I apologise for the delay - I was travelling for most of the day and simply didn't have time to work on this. I hope to reach a decision today. Thanks for your continued patience.

Hello,

Once again I apologise for the delay. We were held up with negotiations with some of the bidders. Finally we are pleased to announce that we have decided on a winner, the proud new owner of this business, the winning party has been informed via PM. For everyone else please accept my great appreciation for your offers and interest in this sale.

If the business is still available, we would be interested in chatting. tdibenedetto(at)millenniumdata.com

Quote Originally Posted by tdibenedetto View Post
    If the business is still available, we would be interested in chatting. tdibenedetto(at)millenniumdata.com
    The business was sold as per my last post.
    SmileServe | Simple Solutions Which Make You Smile
    LiteSpeed - R1Soft - FFMPEG - RVSkin - RVSiteBuilder Pro - Softaculous - CloudFare
    24/7 Support - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.99% Uptime Guarantee
    www.SmileServe.com