Lightbulb Dedicated Server - Question & Answer Thread

Hello,

I have decided to make a "Question and Answer" thread. The purpose of this would be so that everyone can learn something knew about dedicated servers, get their questions answered, and contribute to the community. This would be a great way to share knowledge.

Plus, it would serve as a resource for everyone. It would be both beneficial for those looking for hosting, and for hosting providers.

It would probably be best to provide a concise explanation, as no one really wants to read a long, detailed post that answers the question unless it is that important. You could answer the question by using your own knowledge, logical thinking, researching it, or any other method.

Example:

Question:
    What is a Dedicated Server?

Answer:
    A Dedicated Server is an entire server with all of the system resources dedicated to your needs.

Question answered by WiredTree.
    Last edited by r2d3m; 12-31-2007 at 06:55 PM.

Question:

Is this thread about Dedicated Server - Questions and Answers being in the Dedicated Server Forum, redundant and mostly useless?

Answer:

If you think it is useless, then you can ask a mod to close it. I was only trying to help people, and also learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave View Post
    Question:

Is this thread about Dedicated Server - Questions and Answers being in the Dedicated Server Forum, redundant and mostly useless?

LMAO!!! Sorry mate, but I have to agree with lightwave. I guess redundancy is not very useful here. In a server that's another story!

Well I like the idea. I mean how many "Help new to dedicated server" threads do we all see here a day. Maybe this can consolidate all the questions in one thread. Most more than likely not but hey its worth a shot.
    Tiny Portal Hosting

Premiere hosting for smf/tp software