Questions about yum and rkhunter

I downloaded and installed rkhunter 1.3.0. I've been trying to learn more about the linux OS and thought that yum might be easier to use for updating. So... I uninstalled rkhunter and then re-installed it using yum (because I didn't want 2 copies installed).

# yum install rkhunter

is what I typed in and it worked... It installed the system, but I noticed that it only installed 1.2.9. There is a 1.3.0 out and I'm wondering why yum didn't install that one?

Yum will install the latest version that is in the repositories of the distribution, if you want to keep really up to date it is better to install it yourself, specially when it is easy to install as rkhunter.

Is there only one repository for Centos5 or are there really current ones?

There are many different repositories but CentOS by default will only use the main CentOS repository. You could try searching google for more, but as someone else said, you may just want to install stuff such as rkhunter by compiling it from source which is fairly easy.

There's a list of centos5 mirrors at:
    http://www.centos.org/modules/tinyco...ndex.php?id=13

These should all be roughly the same, as they all update periodically from master servers, so don't expect to find different packages in each as they're all the same with minor delays on some of them.
    Andrew Cranson, Director of Operations
    Layershift Fully Managed Cloud Hosting :: WizzVPS Cheap Unmanaged VPS :: UK, USA, Singapore
    Jelastic :: Next generation PaaS - UK Java & PHP Hosting
    True 24x7 Technical Support - peace of mind around the clock!