servage.net Traffic amplifier !!!

hi

my site is hosted on servage and i get a daily 120GB traffic...

all i have in my site is 4 files to download each is 200MB and My calculations for the complete traffic shows no more 20GB/day
    also i protect hotlinking

so how i get this high traffic?
    and is there any better host in this point (i will not pay 100$/month for dedicated server)

thanks

for find out the actual usage you need to use some stats program, if you having cpanel it will show the bandwidth usage. and did you open ticket with current host about this?

thanks for fast replay
    i'm sure about my traffic
    and they told me to disable hot linking and it makes no changes

i tried to change my files links on my site to another server and the traffic was down to 15GB which means there are no other sites that links to files at my server

Servage calculates bandwidth very dishonest. if you have a 200MB file and I download only 2% of the file and cancel my download, you're still charged 200MB bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by amygdela View Post
    Servage calculates bandwidth very dishonest. if you have a 200MB file and I download only 2% of the file and cancel my download, you're still charged 200MB bandwidth.

Thats a very bad scenario.
    But if you use some stats program like awststs, you will get a more clear picture about your usage. right?
    I think OP should start monitoring the stats more closely and see the usage details for your site and if it is mismatching with their claim open a ticket with them and ask about that.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Thats a very bad scenario.
    But if you use some stats program like awststs, you will get a more clear picture about your usage. right?
    I think OP should start monitoring the stats more closely and see the usage details for your site and if it is mismatching with their claim open a ticket with them and ask about that.
    Awstats and Servage == bad mix and not possible. Their cluster won't allow such statistics unfortunately.

Someone else had the same issues few months ago. Use the forum search function to find his post.

Looks like its probably best to look for another host, if they are so dishonest and won't allow Awstats to be run.
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

Quote Originally Posted by CretaForce View Post
    Someone else had the same issues few months ago. Use the forum search function to find his post.
    Could you mean this thread by any chance?

Wow. This can't be true.

Quote Originally Posted by amygdela View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Could you mean this thread by any chance?
    Correct

that's right

but please tell me where to go
    inmotionhosting is good?

please give me a good host to move to

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Arm View Post
    Wow. This can't be true.
    although I can't confirm it with facts directly from Servage, I do read multiple articles/posts about this very subject and all claim the same.

is inmotionhost good or mmhosting ...?

does this forum rules permit suggesting a good host!!!

i got an answer from servage

Hello John,

Thanks for submitting the ticket.

I would like to let you know that, there is nothing like that at all. here must be some consumption so for the client that bandwidth was high. We do not lie on anything we provide.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Steven, Support
    Servage Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by benefit_ms View Post
    please give me a good host to move to
    What's your price range? Which services do you require?

i want to host 2 forums, and i need a good traffic to offer some downloads . i think i have no more 50GB daily

i can pay up to 10$/month

You want the world for a dime. Up your budget, lower your specs or face the consequences of a heavily oversold setup from one of the worst and most dishonest hosts on the planet: Servage. Their staff are a bunch of cows that reply 'moooooh' to each and every ticket.

Do you have ANY clue what 50GB bandwidth actually costs?

Quote Originally Posted by benefit_ms View Post
    i want to host 2 forums, and i need a good traffic to offer some downloads . i think i have no more 50GB daily

i can pay up to 10$/month
    So you need a database driven site with 1500 GB transfer per month for under 10$US? That is just not realistic... If you would go with having the static documents on one account (like Dreamhost or similar) and then have your forums on a VPS plus increasing your budget; Then you'll be able to get something decent

my forums aren't that active, i have about 20,000 page views per day

inmotionhosting give 12000GB traffic/month for 10$
    is it good or hostgator ?