Thread: Tampa Colo

Tampa Colo

Hi, im looking for a colo in tampa, FL, for running game servers and web hosting. Also with running game servers i need premium bandwith. and what price range im looking at if possible.

Thanks for the help in advance for any help
    - Mike
      0 Not allowed!

Take a look at Sagonet in Tampa.

www.sagonet.com

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by M to the C View Post
    Hi, im looking for a colo in tampa, FL, for running game servers and web hosting. Also with running game servers i need premium bandwith. and what price range im looking at if possible.

Thanks for the help in advance for any help
    - Mike
    Now when you say premium bandwidth, that's just dedicated bandwidth correct or do have specific carriers in mind? You can shop the colo's in the offer section, or you can try doing a serach for "tampa" and see where that leads you.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033
      0 Not allowed!

also, do you have anything colo'd right now, and what games are you running, just to get an idea of your bandwidth needs?
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033
      0 Not allowed!

as of right now i don't have anything colo'd, i should of mentioned it earlier but i mostly am worried about the web hosting part, and the game servers can come a lil bit later cause as of now im on a reseller account and are very happy with them, so im just worried about the web hosting part for now.

P.S. sorry for not saying anything before didn't cross my mind
      0 Not allowed!

well you need to take into account all the little things, what cp will you be using, what are your bandwidth needs, not wants and so on.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033
      0 Not allowed!

Well if cp means control panel im going to be running cPanel also for bandwidths im just a starting company so is m not going to need that much so lets just around 500 - 700gb to start
      0 Not allowed!

Powermedium in Downtown Tampa is known for its bandwidth, although I don't know the colo prices. I seriously doubt they're cheap.

They host Wikipedia, Fox News, etc.
    > mike
      0 Not allowed!

Colo at PowerMedium is actually pretty good price-wise.
      0 Not allowed!

Xeebra.org hosts a Lineage II server out of Tampa that I play on. What premium providers you need will be based on where your players will be for the games, there are lots of options. The provider should be able to explain the routes better than anyone. Also, dedicated servers may save you quite bit on upfront money and even long terms costs, plus it would allow you to expand or segregate your webhosting from the gameserver accounts as your business grows.
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

0 Not allowed!

I can recommend InternetJunction in Tampa. We have hosted with them for several years - great service!
      0 Not allowed!