MICFO.com Buyer Beware! Terrible

I switched my services to a VPS reseller plan through micfo.com and have had nothing but problems since.

They claim 24 /7 phone support but no one ever answers the phone..I had an issue with my whm having corrupted files my 1st day no accounts could be created..they deleted my account and promised to reinstall..nothing happened so I contacted tech support,vps support and called the tech line 4 or 5 times.. each time they transfered me to multiple people none of which could resolve the issue.
    When I finally did get someone on the line they told me that they were having problems with all their accounts and they would keep me posted.. meanwhile I have several angry clients who want to know when they can upload changes to their accounts. I paid 11 days ago and all that time had no access to create accounts in whm.
    here is the email from micfo

Hello,
    There is a bit of problem going on with 75. ip series.The ips as well as vps are having problem. So our admins are working on it.Please allow us sometime and our admin shall update you when this issue is resolved.

Thanks for your patience ..

So They deleted my vps account and did not make me a new one.. now here we are on the 11th day and finally the lady in billing department I chatted with via live chat told me they were going to remake my vps account FINALLY.
    I was so fed up I asked for a refund 15 times! She sent me an email to log into my recreated account and of course the issue was not resolved and the whm had the same error.
    They still did not want to give back any of the money they promised within 30 days .
    I had to demand it.. they even made me open whole new ticket. Thank goodness I paid via paypal and was able to open a dispute.
    Please be aware that any extras you add on to your vps they will not refund to you.
    I paid an additional 8.00 fee for cpanel to be installed and they tried to keep that and only pay me the base price. In the end because I filed a dispute with paypal I just received a full refund but be warned it was like pulling teeth to get it.

Anyone considering an account with them please read the other topics created about them. This was a nightmare.

Now to find a reliable company to host my domains with.

I too have experience many many issues with Micfo, with vps and dedicated servers.

Kindest Regards,
    Jason S

I wasn't too impressed with them. I tried them once a while ago, and left shortly after. I don't remember the exact circumstance.
    PHP Link Directory Script
    Easy Profitable 1000s of Sites us phpLD
    Hosts We Recommend for Users of Our Software

Probably their lack of support?

Kindest Regards,
    Jason S

* bad

it was a bad experience all around I dont think they had part of their service that I can honestly say I was impressed with. They claim to be based in England. Totally disorganized chaos at that company.

Quote Originally Posted by jillyann3002 View Post
    it was a bad experience all around I dont think they had part of their service that I can honestly say I was impressed with. They claim to be based in England. Totally disorganized chaos at that company.
    When I spoke to them, they said they'd have to get and England rep to ring me as they're based in the USA?

Kindest Regards,
    Jason S

Sounds like poor communication skills from Mifco.

* oooooooh yes

No doubt about it.

I think this is a very stupid thing for them to do. I know many people on their services and have referred them to this thread.

Kindest Regards,
    Jason S

Hello,

Although I can't comment on your issues (I have no idea who you are), I do find your version of events concerning. Please contact me with ticket IDs and I will ensure the same mistakes are not made again. I'm not sure how this could possibly drag on for 11 days, but I'm sure you can enlighten me there.

Can you also let me know the times you placed the calls so that I can check into this? Our phones should be answered 24/7. Please confirm you have been dialing the number displayed on our website.

As per our refund terms and conditions (that are freely available for everyone to read on our website), we can not provide refunds for control panel costs or for domain names. Simply because there is no way in which we can claim these costs back.

I do have to take issue with the comment "Anyone considering an account with them please read the other topics created about them. This was a nightmare."

Which thread? The guy who lost $20 000 of data and was hosting on a $9.95 shared account? The same guy who oddly didn't take up my offer of data recovery....

Surely you can't be referring to the "hardware bandits" thread? I believe the truth was quite clearly shown there...

Happy to send

Quote Originally Posted by Micfo-John View Post
    Hello,

Although I can't comment on your issues (I have no idea who you are), I do find your version of events concerning. Please contact me with ticket IDs and I will ensure the same mistakes are not made again. I'm not sure how this could possibly drag on for 11 days, but I'm sure you can enlighten me there.

Can you also let me know the times you placed the calls so that I can check into this? Our phones should be answered 24/7. Please confirm you have been dialing the number displayed on our website.

As per our refund terms and conditions (that are freely available for everyone to read on our website), we can not provide refunds for control panel costs or for domain names. Simply because there is no way in which we can claim these costs back.

I do have to take issue with the comment "Anyone considering an account with them please read the other topics created about them. This was a nightmare."

Which thread? The guy who lost $20 000 of data and was hosting on a $9.95 shared account? The same guy who oddly didn't take up my offer of data recovery....

Surely you can't be referring to the "hardware bandits" thread? I believe the truth was quite clearly shown there...
    John,
    I am happy to see that someone is concerned.
    The thread I was talking about is here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ighlight=micfo

As far as the issues. People were not answering the phones during the times I called. I had times at night where the phone rang and rang and for that reason I went to live chat at least 4 or 5 occasions. I did talk to Nigel twice and Tech support on the phone at least 4 times. Last call was on the 23rd and the man I spoke with did tell me that there was an issue with the vps series and would keep me posted.He called me 1 time and told me he would call me back when he could tell me more. No phone call again.
    To answer your question about the phone number I dialed the only 800 number on the web site 877-817-9595.
    I will gladly send you the chat transcript I had with the Kemp M.
    I also have support tickets that tech support had typed up for me. I was shuffled around via live chat to a few different people who could not fix the issue.

[#UFD-188909]: unable to access shell.In a message dated 12/19/07 19:28:21 Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
    Hello,

Unable to login server with root login. Also unable to create accounts under whm. Pleas check following
    ---------
    [an error occurred while processing this directive]

Let me know if you need anything else that I can help you with, I will be glad to assist you.
    Thank you.

Regards,
    Peter M.

In a message dated 12/21/07 00:55:49 Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

Hello,
    There is a bit of problem going on with 75. ip series.The ips as well as vps are having problem. So our admins are working on it.Please allow us sometime and our admin shall update you when this issue is resolved.

Thanks for your patience ..

Regards,
    Stacy M.

Technical Department
    http://www.micfo.com

I will contact you and email you the chat transcript. I did not mean to offend you with the comment about the service being a nightmare but it was an extremely frustrating experience that I would not want anyone else to go through.

Sincerely,
    Jill