Reg. domain registration facility in jodohost reseller account.

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I would like to start web hosting company. After having a long research in this forum, I prefer to go for jodohost reseller account. I am very much happy about their features. But in this account, Jodohost didnot provide the domain name registration option.

Please let me know how to provide the domain registration option with jodohost reseller account.

Thanks and regards,
    Prakash

Have you asked the same from jodohost, I think they must be having a domain reseller system in place.

Or you can get one directly from ResellerClub, or ResellerClub resellers.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

I'd suggest getting yourself an enom reseller sub-account - domain pricing for $9.45/each.

Your domain registrations for clients doesnt depend on your hosting for clients, the two are "connected" by the use of nameservers, but for each "part" you should sleect a company that will provide you with the services and support that you need - cost should be a secondary decision.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Hi vinsar,

Thanks for your reply. I asked the same from Jodohost. In their support forum I have raised this point. They replied like, it can't be integrated.

I am very much happy with that features they have. (esp. .net 3.5 and AJAX). But I feel, in the reseller account if we have the "Integrated Registrar Services", it would be very useful for the new business starters like me.

Now i am searching for some other resellers who provide the same features as jodohost provided.. if you come across any vendor please let me know.

Regards,
    Prakash.

If they don't offer domain registration as part of the reseller account, there is no way to integrate a separate domain registration system. Are you sure they don't include this? It seems bizarre that they wouldn't, it's so easy on the platform they use.

Simon

Prakash,

With jodohost I think you are on Hsphere platform, check WHMCS (its a billing and client management application) see if it supports integration with Hsphere, if yes then you can have hosting reseller account from jodohost and domain reseller account with ResellerClub or from a reseller of resellerclub.

This way you will have complete control over your billing, domain registration and client management.

Jodohost are good, stick with them for hosting.

Hi vinsar,

If possible, please let me know how to check WHMCS integration with HSphere...

Regards,
    Prakash

Prakash,

There is a plugin available for HELM 3.x which will help you to manage the your Resellerclub ( or directi ) domain registration from within Helm. It is due to be released by the mid of January and I hope, it shall be a perfect fit for you. More info Here.

Good luck!
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

I recommend what you open a domain reseller account by an ICANN accredited registrar such as Resellerclub. This is a more secure and cheaper way.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Hi sure123,

Jodohost provides only the H-Sphere option right? They don't provide HELM...

Regards,
    Prakash

Hi dhcart,

Thanks for your recommendation... and I also prefer that... but I don't know how to integrate it with jodohost reseller account.

Regards,
    Prakash

After seeing lot of user reviews about jodohost in this forum, i think some members having the reseller account with jodohost. I request those members to share their experience regarding this.

Regards,
    Prakash

Quote Originally Posted by pgnanaprakash View Post
    After seeing lot of user reviews about jodohost in this forum, i think some members having the reseller account with jodohost. I request those members to share their experience regarding this.

Regards,
    Prakash
    Hello Prakash,

The main reason we do not offer the domain registration facility anymore is for privacy, any domain sold within our system woudl be through our domain system and clients have understandably not been to excited about that. I'd say this is Hsphere's biggest pitfall not allowing resellers to integrate their own domain system, or even user/password to create them under their reseller name.
    We offer a domain reseller program but it is not integrated into hsphere.

Prakash,

I was reading on WHMCS forums, though it does not support Hsphere, but people have some workaround, the process will not be fully automated but can at least handle billing, client management & support.

So if you are just starting out, I think you can handle manual account creation in hsphere & rest handled by WHMCS.

@Stephen if you know of some billing application that can integrate your hosting platform & third party domain registration, suggest it.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. I understand the situation. I hope you have lot of customers with the reseller plan. May I know how those customers provide these facility? or all of them just have theire domain registration as seperate and selling the hosting plans seperate? (If it is confidential or against the forum rules means, just leave it)

As I am new to this field, I thought it is very important as these features should be integrated!

Waiting for your reply,

Prakash

Hi vinsar,

Thanks for your effort. Whether i am correct or wrong, as per their specification jodohost reseller plans doesn't have WHMCS... if it doesn't exist means, whether I have to buy and install in it my plan?

I am just waiting for stephen's reply. Let see...

Regards,
    Prakash

Prakash visit http://www.whmcs.com for more info on WHMCS, you will have to buy it separately, you can get it for $11.95 from http://whmcslicenses.com

BTW what market are you going to target, local or international? Are you going in for selling webhosting only or web design development etc too?

Hi Vinsar,

Thanks for your reply..

I am targetting local market first and i am going to selling webhosting as well as web design development.

Regards,
    Prakash

Hi, just to clarify further, we do have a domain reseller program. Visit the domain section of our website

However it doesn't work with your HSphere Control Panel. You can however still sell domains and domain services from your website, under your label.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

Prakash,

JodoHost provides Directi Domain Reseller accounts where you can sell Domains on the internet.

The only CON is that you can't integrate that Domain Reseller Account with H-Sphere CP which otherwise manages billing as well.

You can however, buy a Billing System which supports both H-Sphere and Directi Reseller A/c and use it to automate things.

However, since you'll be targeting local market first just think about it whether you really need the whole process automated. If it's local I don't think many people will buy online. They'll prefer to pay you offline. In that case, you can just make a signup form which provides you all the info to create the account and register the domain. I suggest this coz your location says: Abodhabi and NOT the US

In the US and other advanced European countries, Yes you need everything automated and integrated.

Hope this helps.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Hi Yash,

Thanks for your information.

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for your information and suggestion.

I referred the local market as abudhabi and India.

I am looking for automated billing software with integrating of the server and domain registrants. (anyway i am going to invest to start the web hosting company.. why I have to do the things manually... and if everythings are automated, i can concentrate on improve my business... am i right?)

Now I stopped looking for H-Sphere based hosting. I would like to go with the clientexec billing apps with integrating of my reseller plan accounts. Now I am looking for good linux resellers with cPanel/whm control panel and windows reseller with plesk control panel. If you know anything please let me know.

Regards,
    Prakash

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for your information and suggestion.

I referred the local market as abudhabi and India.

I am looking for automated billing software with integrating of the server and domain registrants. (anyway i am going to invest to start the web hosting company.. why I have to do the things manually... and if everythings are automated, i can concentrate on improve my business... am i right?)

Now I stopped looking for H-Sphere based hosting. I would like to go with the clientexec billing apps with integrating of my reseller plan accounts. Now I am looking for good linux resellers with cPanel/whm control panel and windows reseller with plesk control panel. If you know anything please let me know.

Regards,
    Prakash
    Yup. You should automate it as much as possible. Definately saves time and can concentrate better.

There are many good Linux and Windows Reseller Around here. Just have a look. Windows I don't know as I use JodoHost and they have been serving me fine for sometime now.

For Linux I'd suggest you have a look at:

ResellerZoom.com
    InnoHost

Many people are having problems with RZ ATM but, I've had no problems with them till date i.e., nearly an year. Just avoid their FailOver plans. You can go in for the Advanced Plans and you'll get ClientExec or WHMCS license for free along with a Domain Reseller Account as well. That pretty much sets you up.

I guess InnoHost is also parallel in terms of features.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for your reply.

I planned to go for resellerzoom with failover plan. But you suggested as to take Advanced plan. did you have and bad experience with the failover plan? or it doesn't have any feature not supported by advanced plan? Upto my research, i found two difference in their specification. First one is Prize and second one is failover plan provide dedicated IP and private nameservers.

Please let me know if I have to consider any other factors.

If any of the forum members having the account with failover plan, please share your experiences.

Regards,
    Prakash

anyone of the forum members please recommend good windows reseller with Plesk control panel?

How about the resellerzoom's windows reseller plan? anybody having the experience about it?

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for your reply.

I planned to go for resellerzoom with failover plan. But you suggested as to take Advanced plan. did you have and bad experience with the failover plan? or it doesn't have any feature not supported by advanced plan? Upto my research, i found two difference in their specification. First one is Prize and second one is failover plan provide dedicated IP and private nameservers.

Please let me know if I have to consider any other factors.

If any of the forum members having the account with failover plan, please share your experiences.

Regards,
    Prakash
    Hey Prakash,

I suggested to stay from Failover coz lots of people are/were having problems with them. RZ has even acknowledged this on their forums and are in the process of revising their Failover setup. I'd suggest to see how the new implementation goes and then jump in.

You can always upgrade to Failover from Advanced.

Private Nameservers = Custom Nameservers hence, only one difference is Dedicated IPs. RZ is not clear whether they provide a Free Dedicated IP with Failover. None the less you can buy one from them for your Advanced plan for $2/mo.

RZ also provides Free Support to your Clients as well. Never tried that as I am not comfortable with that.

Such search here for RZ's Failover and you'll see. Also have a look at their forums.

Hope this helps.