Need Serious Advice

How will you guys rate this machine ?

Code:
    Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz, 4GB of DDR Ram, 500 GB Hard Drive,2,000GB Bandwidth, Private VLAN and 30 IPS
    What should be its idle cost ?

And is this considered better than any AMD Machine ? or some better machine can replace it ?

this will cost you around 300-400$ with all os,control panel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by depache View Post
    this will cost you around 300-400$ with all os,control panel etc.
    Please even mention -
    And is this considered better than any AMD Machine ? or some better machine can replace it ?

PS - others also visiting this thread mention there views on both aspects

with my experience xeon is best to go with, its solid rock what kind of activities you going to use with?

with my experience xeon is best to go with, its solid rock what kind of activities you going to use with?
    We are going it to sell VPS on it ...

Is there any better machine then XEON at the moment ? is it better than AMD ?

rather than this

2 x dual core xeon 5120

or

2 x quard core xeon 5320

is more powerful. if you okay with budget this will help you for long run with solid rock server.

rather than this

2 x dual core xeon 5120

or

2 x quard core xeon 5320

is more powerful. if you okay with budget this will help you for long run with solid rock server.

As per you, Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz is not latest ?
    Isnt it powerful to host VPS's on it ? isnt it better than AMD ?

cannot say dual xeon is latest,

2 x dual xeon / quard core is more powerful.

if you go for these type of servers you can save some money because you can increase the num of vps you going to host in one server. i'm using much 2 x dual xeon , and dual xeon and those are really save my time.

if you looking for AMD i would suggest to go with at least - 2 x AMD Opteron™ 265 Dual Core processors

this is with my experience.

cannot say dual xeon is latest,

2 x dual xeon / quard core is more powerful.

if you go for these type of servers you can save some money because you can increase the num of vps you going to host in one server. i'm using much 2 x dual xeon , and dual xeon and those are really save my time.

if you looking for AMD i would suggest to go with at least - 2 x AMD Opteron™ 265 Dual Core processors

this is with my experience.
    Dual Xeon can not run 10 VPS ?

its depend on the single vps configurations, and the process running by the server. if its with some regular activities you can run more than 10.

its depend on the single vps configurations, and the process running by the server. if its with some regular activities you can run more than 10.
    How can VPS with 512 MB Ram can be made out of this server ?
    And for how much can they be sold me WHT forum ? As per market rates ?

its always depend , because if some one in vps using more cpu usage you will not able to host much, so better to go with one by one, then you will realize that whether servers can bear it or need upgrade. but with xeon i can say you can host more than 10.

i couldnt say about rates, but normal average price is between 30-50$. you can use advertising section as start.

Is it just me or does WebHostingManager == depache?

shrug

Quote Originally Posted by mpope View Post
    Is it just me or does WebHostingManager == depache?

shrug
    I am not sure, whether to say you can insane
    Are we selling something here, or advertising ?

its always depend , because if some one in vps using more cpu usage you will not able to host much, so better to go with one by one, then you will realize that whether servers can bear it or need upgrade. but with xeon i can say you can host more than 10.

i couldnt say about rates, but normal average price is between 30-50$. you can use advertising section as start.
    Thanks for detail answers and help, Just want to ask,
    if we sell these VPS for $ 30 - $ 35 range ( which is pretty good for 512 MB Ram ) , can we be sure of some sales ?

its good price, not only the ram is you consider, look in to disk space, bandwdith,control panel etc.
    sales is always hard, any way its depend of your service level and support.

Sales depends on your business plan/marketing techniques.
    For the technical part of it you can assume 3 512MB accounts on a 2GB RAM server - no overselling - and then scale ram as needed.