please recommend a good host

Please recommend a good host that has nearly perfect up time.

My current usage:

10 GB bandwidth
    4 Addon domains
    1 GB disk space

Right now I am working on a new web site that is going to use joomla with mysql. It will have a forum and allow users to post comments. I'm not sure how much traffic I will generate from this site, but I'm guessing it may double my current needs.

I'm not sure about budget. I'm willing to spend the extra dollars if it means nearly perfect up time. How much should I be looking to spend? Right now I'm using a budget host that seems like is down more than it is up.

Also, it would be great if the host could transfer the sites for me. Or is that wishful thinking?

Given your uptime requirements, I would suggest Precision Effect's failover plans.

For a small site, 10-15gb bandwidth will be enough.

A good price should range between $10-$15/mo for yours.

Most host will be glad to transfer your site on your behalf. Just ask them before you signup. Most of them will do it for you free of charge.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

From 5-9 USD you can find a great host with those specifications. Search in the orders forum you might find what your looking for.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Quote Originally Posted by suzyweb View Post

My current usage:

10 GB bandwidth
    4 Addon domains
    1 GB disk space

Right now I am working on a new web site that is going to use joomla with mysql. It will have a forum and allow users to post comments. I'm not sure how much traffic I will generate from this site, but I'm guessing it may double my current needs.

I'm not sure about budget. I'm willing to spend the extra dollars if it means nearly perfect up time. How much should I be looking to spend? Right now I'm using a budget host that seems like is down more than it is up.

Also, it would be great if the host could transfer the sites for me. Or is that wishful thinking?
    There is quite a list of web hosts out there that match your requirements. Do you have a preference in which control panel your new web host uses?

A method that seems to draw success for many and is usually recommended, would be to gather a small list of hosts that suit your needs, then do a search on them as well as look them up on WHT for reviews.

Most web hosts will transfer your website at no extra cost to you, so you should be safe there. If your site & forum kicks off be wary of how many concurrent users you have online, some hosts get picky
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

with your requirement average price will be 10-15$, but not depend on the price, support, backup, reliable is the key things that you considered about. this is xmas time and most of host giving some good offers so i guess you will get much than you expected.

Cool

Shouldn't be hard to find in the sub $15 range. As said above look for a host that will let you grow and have backups or other such things you may need.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by suzyweb View Post

My current usage:

10 GB bandwidth
    4 Addon domains
    1 GB disk space

Application hosting is done right by medialayer.com - great people behind this company with astonishing reputation. I have yet to see any negative reviews.

I had used their services a while back, and layer0 is extremely professional to deal with.

I would try DownTownHost. They were my shared hosting provider and I enjoyed every moment that I was hosted with them. They are affordable, have great servers, and reply to support tickets fast.

I think you can limit your monthly budget to $10. You should be able to find good shared host between $7 and $10. Ido not see anyone to recommend companies like Hostway and Verio here... don't know why... but they a big enough and they are probably better then most of the names I see in hosts recommendations.
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Over the last few years I've been very happy with fluidhosting.com. Great uptime, speed and customer support. Would recommend them.