Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Link Building for SEO

Link building is the key for an effective SEO campaign. This works best for PR and SERP. Always provide useful and relevant content in your websites niche as this will help in quality organic linking - sites will naturally link to your site once they see unique and helpful information in your site. Keep in mind that the more targeted backlinks you build for your site, the more likely it will bring in the right visitors that could make the conversions for better revenue. You do targeted link buidling for fast and long term traffic to your sites.

There are several ways to build links. Here are just some of the following:

Directory Submissions
    Blog and Forum Postings
    Social Bookmarking
    Classified Ads
    Article Marketing
    Link Exchange (with relevant sites)
    Link Baits
    Etc. etc.

What are your thoughts? What kind of link building method do you use and how effective has it been?
    OneIMS.com - Internet Marketing and SEO

I went from 0-hits 0-page rank to 200,000 hits a month and page rank3.

This is what i did.
    Submited to directorys hundreds of them free ones.
    Submited to paid directory with high pr just a few as for my low budget.
    Posted on forums
    Posted on blogs
    got my site submited to 200.000 search eingines.
    Got link exchanges with relivent websites.
    Allso ime top 10 on google with around 10 keywords
    top 50 with some some keywords.

here are some sites that helped me.
    forums.digitalpoint.com -great for marketing and traffic
    submited.net - Just $20 can get you submited to thousands of search eingines.
    linkadage.com -Great site for good links that are afordable

Hope this allso helps with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCat View Post
    Link Baits
    What does "link baits" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by bigu_c View Post
    Posts that people tend to link to naturally. Look at pretty much any Mashable! post - "20+ best tools for web development" or "40+ ways to spend time uselessly online". You naturally driven to link to it from your own blog
    Web Design and Development by Zealus - Complete business solutions for the web!

Small business blog - small business consulting, company analysis, advisory and more.

Links baits come in many form - an article, a video, a game, etc. Anything that is in your website that would attract other websites to put a one way link to your site - thus natural/organic linking. These kinds of links are favored by SE's in determining your PR(page rank)

Thanks Zealus.com
    Thanks MrCat!

I think the best way is attract the search engine. I setup a photo gallery and find it is difficult to submit to dmoz or directory, but I could let google/yahoo to search my site, they takes many visitor to site.

Your welcome buddy

Quote Originally Posted by sagasw View Post
    I think the best way is attract the search engine. I setup a photo gallery and find it is difficult to submit to dmoz or directory, but I could let google/yahoo to search my site, they takes many visitor to site.
    Yes, Search Engine traffic is good and best quality!

Also wiki/yahoo answer/google group/ tagging in Technorati for blogs help you lot to build links, also try to get authority links from .gov &.edu websites/blogs.

coldgansta, thats the perfect way of getting ranked in google! great job
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Quote Originally Posted by infinite_in View Post
    Also wiki/yahoo answer/google group/ tagging in Technorati for blogs help you lot to build links, also try to get authority links from .gov &.edu websites/blogs.
    Haven't tried getting traffic on Yahoo Answers and Google groups yet. Have any tips for this buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by coldgansta View Post
    I went from 0-hits 0-page rank to 200,000 hits a month and page rank3.

This is what i did.
    Submited to directorys hundreds of them free ones.
    Submited to paid directory with high pr just a few as for my low budget.
    Posted on forums
    Posted on blogs
    got my site submited to 200.000 search eingines.
    Got link exchanges with relivent websites.
    Allso ime top 10 on google with around 10 keywords
    top 50 with some some keywords.

here are some sites that helped me.
    forums.digitalpoint.com -great for marketing and traffic
    submited.net - Just $20 can get you submited to thousands of search eingines.
    linkadage.com -Great site for good links that are afordable

Hope this allso helps with this thread.
    Search engine submission service is a waste of money and time. Ask yourself and name me the 200,000 engines. And are these "200,000" engines bringing you the traffic? Use Google analytics to track your traffic referral.

good notes

Very cool

Who cares if any of it is a waste of time...I would waste my time for that much traffic!!! Thanks for the great tips...
    I posted my site up a few months ago and it is PR4. Is this going to help me get more traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by noodle2u View Post
    Who cares if any of it is a waste of time...I would waste my time for that much traffic!!! Thanks for the great tips...
    I posted my site up a few months ago and it is PR4. Is this going to help me get more traffic?
    I might be stating the obvious here but traffic is worth very little. Conversion is where you make your money. 3,000,000 hits a day would be worth nothing if you didn't earn a penny off them.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle2u View Post
    PR is meaning not much and PR4 don't help you anything if you don't have good contents and don't optimize your site!

For you to get that much traffic.. focus on your SERP's as well. You should work also for natural traffic from search engines

i am using many method of them. its working fine got lots of back link but no PR and traffic..only little

Really I agree that PR means nothing unless it turns into money. I will make more money soon, however I am just learning. I am trying to optimise my site for seo and adsense. I have picked up some great traffic tips here.
    Thanks everyone!

PR is meaning not much and PR4 don't help you anything if you don't have good contents and don't optimize your site!
    Well good contents are important these days as people would not visit a empty page of high PR for nothing.

I think the same thing, is a waste of time to submit your site to 200.000 search engines ..... If u want to have good traffic just have good content, content which people are interested in your site.......... that's the main secret, after that the site will grow....
    I wouldn't recommend sex- drinks- or Mac for everyone but they work for me.
    Programming Help, OS System Help, Articles, Videos, Tutorials, Books-Web Dot Dev http://www.webdotdev.com

Content will always be a major issue. But a site with good content and no backlinks? Surely linkbuilding should come into play to be able to propagate this content or site

Content will always be a major issue. But a site with good content and no backlinks? Surely linkbuilding should come into play to be able to propagate this content or site
    Yes, SEO is hard work, good content is not enough, banklinks is not enough you need quality banklinks, content + quality backlinks is not enough, you have to optimize onpage, optimize for Google is not enough, you have to do with msn, yahoo, alvista..... those is not enough, you have to do more, much more on SEO!

Yes, SEO is hard work, good content is not enough, banklinks is not enough you need quality banklinks, content + quality backlinks is not enough, you have to optimize onpage, optimize for Google is not enough, you have to do with msn, yahoo, alvista..... those is not enough, you have to do more, much more on SEO!
    Very well said. Being persistent is how you get good results

Very well said. Being persistent is how you get good results
    Also knowing where you want to be is important too. One thing I didn't notice in this thread is where you want to show up high. Focus on the keywords that are important and relevant to your business. Then find relevant places to build those links.

Quality of traffic is just as important as quantity of traffic and never forget relevancy is king!
    RatePoint Customer Feedback Platform and Site Seal
    Become a partner today!
    http://www.ratepoint.com/

i am also doing the same as MrCat. Working fine

Hi,
    Thanks for sharing information. This is a cool directory. Here we submit all type of directory free, Paid. This is a great list.

I'd say videos are one of the best ways.

Quote Originally Posted by nuclei View Post
    Glad someone got to this before me.
    The rule of thumb is just to let the search engines find your site - you get indexed faster that way. Once you get indexed in Google, other search engines will most likely find your site as well.

The rule of thumb is just to let the search engines find your site - you get indexed faster that way. Once you get indexed in Google, other search engines will most likely find your site as well.

Ummm, no. The rule of thumb is to get quality links to your website which force the search engines to find you quickly.

And what I was agreeing with is that manually submitting your website to any search engine is a waste of valuble time, a good link will get you indexed far faster.

Quote Originally Posted by nuclei View Post
    Ummm, no. The rule of thumb is to get quality links to your website which force the search engines to find you quickly.

And what I was agreeing with is that manually submitting your website to any search engine is a waste of valuble time, a good link will get you indexed far faster.
    I was referring to it versus submission of a site to search engines.

Ofcourse a backlink is necessary for the bots to find your site A single, strong quality backlink from a frequently crawled site would get a new site indexed in no time..

Links are the important elements that helps search engine in determining the level of popularity of any site on the web. In simple words, if you have more links to your site from other site your site will be ranked highly by all the major search engines. There are some things that you must consider while exchanging links with any other site. Make sure that the site is complete, no one wants to exchange links with a site that is not complete. In fact, link building services will not be successful if you do not follow the guidelines properly. The amount of content must also be good, since search engine put a lot of emphasis on the content available on a site for ranking purposes.

A simple way for you to go about doing link building services is to type the keywords on which you want to promote your site and see the results that come up. You can browse the sites that come up in the result and see if the site provides any facility for link exchange with other sites. Well, even if you find that the site does not provide the link exchange facility, you can write to the webmaster directly and request for a link exchange program with you. Another thing you must take care for your link exchange under link building services is to exchange links only with that site, which has a higher page rank then yours.

There are only three search engines that the world is using: Yahoo, MSN, and Google. You don't need thousands of search engines, I guess.

you will get listed in other search engine as well once you rank well in the top 3 major search engine. It is like dominoe effect.
    Get paid to websites
    get paid to upload photos and wallpapers

Another thing you must take care for your link exchange under link building services is to exchange links only with that site, which has a higher page rank then yours.
    What happens if you had already exchanged links with a site, and then their page rank dropped? Does that effect your site?

Quote Originally Posted by christyjackson View Post
    Another thing you must take care for your link exchange under link building services is to exchange links only with that site, which has a higher page rank then yours.
    This is pure rubbish. TBPR is not an accurate gauge. Go by quality of the website itself, not some stupid pretty green bar which is there to make you look one way while the magic is happening elsewhere. It's slight of hand.

great information! I will put this to great use
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast