Looking for a reseller account in UK

Looking for a fast reliable UK reseller account in UK.

I don't want heartinternet or webfusion please

My requirements are minimum 10gb webspace and 50gb bandwidth

about £12 a month

can anyone recommend me a good one?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alan888 View Post
    can anyone recommend me a good one?
    Look in the offers section, You can find alot of great deals there

ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by alan888 View Post
    My requirements are minimum 10gb webspace and 50gb bandwidth
    about £12 a month
    How many sites are you looking to host ? Thats going to be tough to find a quality UK provider at that pricepoint...

Thanks but i want a host that you guys may have used and are happy with.

Im looking to host around 15 sites

That spec might be hard to find at £12 a month definitly check out the reseller offers section of the forum.

Aaron
    Last edited by blueskimonkey; 12-28-2007 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by blueskimonkey View Post
    That spec might be hard to find at £12 a month definitly check out the reseller offers section of the forum.

Aaron
    Really? I think it is pretty easy to find. Many reputable UK hosts around here that can serve those requirements.
    Last edited by writespeak; 12-28-2007 at 11:16 AM.

£12/month is about $25/month and there are plenty of US hosts offering good reseller packages at that price. UK hosting is a little more limited for choice, but it is certainly still possible to find.

Clook have a great reputation and offer one for £15/month at the moment.

-Tim

Clook have a great reputation and offer one for £15/month at the moment.
    Comes with 2Gb of space and 30Gb of data transfer though.

why they need to be in the UK? what if the biz is USA but support incl. UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Clayc View Post
    why they need to be in the UK? what if the biz is USA but support incl. UK?
    People choose to have it in the country closest to them or their demographics because of:

1). Response times (server responds to client requests faster). This may not be noticable on static page loading but does have an impact when you are sending many packets to the server and the server has to send many responses back.

2). Search engine ranking. It has been said that if you host your site for example in the UK, then google.co.uk will include it in its search results.

As for support. Their are many companies that offer 24x7 support already, so I don't believe people choose the country unless it is due to language.

ResellerZoom offer UK plans and include a billing system & end-user support.
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

Rameen can help you with that... Innohosting

I second Resellerzoom: I have an account on one of their UK-servers for over a year now and I am very pleased with it. And with the low dollar it should meet your requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayc
    why they need to be in the UK
    UK/EU Users host in the UK for
    * better performance
    * inclusion in country specific SE results
    * server setting requirements (timezone etc)
    * whole host of legal issues regarding client data protection and privacy etc which if its a *company* in the UK (as opposed to some bedroom based "firm") the business will be rqeuired to comply with
    etc.
    And in some industries they're simply not allowed to host their data outside of the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by amdcomms
    Im sure you will find many UK Hosts
    You'll find the odd clueless muppet reseller of a reseller ( the kind who blindly copies off their suppliers webpages rather than creating their own content ) ... but IME for an account with any reputable UK host the OP needs to at least double their budget.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    Really? I think it is pretty easy to find. Many reputable UK hosts around here that can serve those requirements.
    not really, as for 10GB Space for £12 month, backups cost allot in the UK for a decent backup storage so UK hosting usually costs a little bit more.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHostPro View Post
    not really, as for 10GB Space for £12 month, backups cost allot in the UK for a decent backup storage so UK hosting usually costs a little bit more.
    If a host also has USA servers, then nothing stopping them from backing up to US servers to maintain a lower cost.

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    If a host also has USA servers, then nothing stopping them from backing up to US servers to maintain a lower cost.
    yeah that would be good for small hosts, but when you get big its not really do-able to be backing up to the otherside of the world when you have tons of servers running backups all at once, for speed and performance its best to keep things like that in the same country for hosts with allot of data.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHostPro View Post
    yeah that would be good for small hosts, but when you get big its not really do-able to be backing up to the otherside of the world when you have tons of servers running backups all at once, for speed and performance its best to keep things like that in the same country for hosts with allot of data.
    Nope it actually works fine backing up to other side of the world. Connections between UK and USA can be pretty good and it is possible to get servers in USA that have sub 100ms pings from the UK..

Totally viable.

You can try www.goscomb.net

i 've been with them for 2 years, haven't experienced any downtime or any issues at all.