Plesk 8.3 / FreeBSD install error

If anyone has a suggestion, i would sure appreciate some input. This was generated during the beginnings of the install script of Plesk 8.3:

Can anyone assist with this issue:

Deploying product ports...
    Downloading the file PSA_8.3.0/dist-pkg-FreeBSD-6.1-i386/ports/ports-common-1.0.0.tar.gz: 14%..100% done.
    Downloading the file PSA_8.3.0/dist-pkg-FreeBSD-6.1-i386/ports/psa-ports-8.3.0.tar.gz: 100% done.
    Downloading the file SiteBuilder/SiteBuilder_4.1.0/dist-pkg-FreeBSD-6.1-i386/ports/sitebuilder-ports-4.1.0.tar.gz: 100% done.
    Downloading the file SiteBuilder/SiteBuilder_4.1.0/dist-pkg-FreeBSD-6.1-i386/ports/locales-ports-4.1.0.tar.gz: 100% done.
    Downloading the file SiteBuilder/SiteBuilder_4.1.0/dist-pkg-FreeBSD-6.1-i386/ports/modules-ports-4.1.0.tar.gz: 18%..100% done.
    Downloading the file SiteBuilder/SiteBuilder_4.1.0/dist-pkg-FreeBSD-6.1-i386/ports/ports-common-1.0.0.tar.gz: 100% done.
    done
    Installing port 'swsoft/ports-common'...ERROR: An error occurred during the installation of the ports-common package.
    Command cd exit with non-zero status (1).

Maybe a permission problem?

Hint i usually look at when install Plesk,

Try going back a version.. then upgrading to latest once u get it installed.

Sometimes there final releases are bugged and no one reports it sense most people use the rpm, or compiler package.

Plesk 8.3 for FreeBSD = PURE CRAP SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!

No joy,

Tried it on two different FreeBSD machines and with both auto installer and manual installs.

Errors continued to stop the install process.

We even hired Touch Support and they tossed their hands up too with the same results.

Seems as though the guys at SW Soft wrote this one to generate support income. Well we refuse to feed their money machine just so they can fix their own sloppy code and then make improvements for someone else.

I would report the issues to SWSoft and reinstall the box with CentOS or Fedora.

Plesk 8.3 is out?

Well, i need to take a look at the Plesk website again to see what all new features have been added.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Installing Plesk 8,3 on Freebsd 6.1

To get PLESK to install on FreeBSD 6.1, I had to download the Auto installer for 8.2 found at the address below. I used that autoinstaller to to install Plesk 8.3 and I was able to avoid the ports-common problem.

I had been casually trying to figure this out for 2 weekends.

http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk...eeBSD_6.1_i386

Cheers!

peteysa
    http://www.sslhq.com

Quote Originally Posted by TeleSouthNet View Post
    No joy,

Tried it on two different FreeBSD machines and with both auto installer and manual installs.

Errors continued to stop the install process.

We even hired Touch Support and they tossed their hands up too with the same results.

Seems as though the guys at SW Soft wrote this one to generate support income. Well we refuse to feed their money machine just so they can fix their own sloppy code and then make improvements for someone else.
    This is a classic example of why I hate Plesk

Try Steven Ciaburri from Rack911. If he can't get it installed for you, then it is truly a lost cause.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.