TrexHost: 5 month reseller account review!

Hi there,

Kinda in a hurry here, but if I don't post this now, I won't ever do it.

If I had to sum it up, I'd say TrexHost ROCKS!

Some background first..

Let me start by saying I'm no expert in the field. I have no idea about resellers that over-sell, specially how people know they do (would like to know this (not saying it's not true)). I have never understood the traceroute and other things to see the speed of a server. I don't understand why/how some people offer 2GB disk and 30GB transfer (BlueWho) against 50GB and 200GB (TrexHost). I really would like to have some understanding about how this is possibe... they both cost the same!

So, with that made clear. I think TrexHost rocks. It has never been down for me. I have never been told about an undelivered mail. The support.. the support is amazing. I know a company should not cross some kind of "professional" line, and TrexHost doesn't do it, but if I cross it, if I try to make things more personal, they get on my side immediately. They start calling me a "bro" after I called the support guy that and many other examples. I LOVE that, perhaps some people don't.

I'm in Mexico. Speed is awesome for me. Support is great, I insist. Uptime is uber too. Few hours after I got my accont, my mail wasn't working but server not down.. I have no idea what happened, but no lost mails and they solved it within 2 mins. I DID think "ARGH, the urban legend about cheap hosts was true! Hope I didn't get myself into trouble with this.." I don't even know what the prob was, they solved it within 2 mins as I said and never had it again.

So, to ME, it's as awesome as BlueWho (still have an account here, they are amazing too, kinda.. will get to this soon), but with the "friendly" touch and 2500% more disk space and 666% bandwidth!

I still have my BlueWho account, I didn't want to rush things and move the whole deal to TrexHost, but might be wise to do it now.

BlueWho. The uptime is amazing and support too BUT at some degree. They wanna look or feel so professional that they pissed me off once. They tried to make a HUGE deal about a 1mb crack my friend uploaded, it had been sitting in my account for 1+ year. They said they were gonna "investigate". Sorry, but lol? I TOLD them there was only 1 major isp in Mexico, that the file was 1+ year old at least, what was there to investigate? All these are facts, people will go like "They did the right thing!!" "You violated the terms and you are responsible of your account!!", but imho, they had no common sense, no respect for me either. After having my site down for 35+ hours, I told them I loved their service, but that I needed to know what was gonna happen with "my case". I needed to know if I should move on or what (35+ hours with no service is not funny).

Of course they had their 300 employees for 48 hours straight investigating if I was some terrorist, phoning my ISP and god knows what.. they re-established the service after the 48 hours of intense hard work.

Seriously... why would it need 2 days to resolve this? I told them what happened since the beginning and asked them if I could stay or not. Took 48 hours to reactivate me. It makes no sense to me (unless my sarcastic story was truth).

So for TrexHost. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Txus

Quote Originally Posted by Txus View Post
    Of course they had their 300 employees for 48 hours straight investigating if I was some terrorist, phoning my ISP and god knows what.. they re-established the service after the 48 hours of intense hard work.
    Is this your guess?

There is no relation between a crack file and terrorist unless you signed up with a name and contact information of a terrorist or someone reported your site related to terrorist activity
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

Hey PremiumHost,

It's not my guess. It's sarcasm to a situation.

unless my sarcastic story was truth
    That's what I said in my post. You should read the whole deal before throwing stuff like that.

Greets,

Txus

Quote Originally Posted by Txus View Post
    I don't understand why/how some people offer 2GB disk and 30GB transfer (BlueWho) against 50GB and 200GB (TrexHost). I really would like to have some understanding about how this is possibe... they both cost the same!
    This is possible as there are a lot of variables that makes up the cost. For some, one obvious reason would be the word "oversell" but even assuming that do not exist, there are other things like server/hardware(s) the two hosts use, the number of staff they employ, the connection they provide etc etc.

These variables will determine the kind of money they charge for their service.
    Roi

They start calling me a "bro" after I called the support guy that and many other examples.
    As long as that kind of language is used only after you initiate it, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, it's definitely a no-no.