Thread: Corenetworks

Corenetworks

Do they actually own their IP space/etc? Looks like they get off GLC to me, or GLC owns then.

Any reviews on this? Seems pretty cheap. I get a good 6MB/s from their speedtest too.
    semi-retired

Quote Originally Posted by Corenetworks.net
    We maintain our own AS, our own IP space that has been allocated directly from ARIN, and we maintain all of our networking infrastructure. We don't rent or lease our network infrastructure like so many other providers do.
    I currently have the cheapest $25/m server from them, on a 10mbit port until I need to upgrade to 100mbit, and for the price, I have to admit it's awesome. If your looking for a cheap, functional server without a lot of perks, I would recommend going with corenetworks for sure.

I wanted to get one of their $24.95 servers with DirectAdmin ($18 extra/month) but I was told by their sales dept. that they were all out of those and had ordered more parts but there was not ETA on when more would be in stock.

Quite a shame because I wanted to test them out as we are looking for a new home for our other servers.

Hopefully I won't be kept waiting long on their list.

Anyone else heard anything on this?

ene

Corenetworks is a wholly owned subsidiary of GLC (Great Lakes Comnet). At least that is my understanding from them.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

I currently have there UR30 package and have had it for approx. 2 Month's No issues, No downtime. Set-up was prompt and professional. Running CentOS 5 with Cpanel and I grabbed 3 extra IP's .
    My IP >> 127.0.0.1 Hack Away!!

I've had a server with them since Feb of last year, and have never had any problems. They actually do have 24/7 email support, as I had to contact them Thanksgiving day, at an odd hour, and still around a 10 minute response. Note that they do sort by urgency.

I've never had any problems with them, its much more then I would expect for the price. There's nothing AWESOME about them, besides the price, but they're at least comparable to the competition in other aspects.

Also to note, they do offer IPKVM, and remote reboot, which is another plus. They do run out of stock commonly though, probably due to how low their profit margin is, and how big the demand must be.

I've had a box at CoreNetworks for about 14 months now and I would agree that they are better than I expected for the money.

Pros:
    - attractive pricing
    - great support
    - remote boot included by default
    - IP KVM available

Cons:
    - Network stability isn't as good as other hosts. In particular their routes to Level(3) via 123.net seem to have hiccups every day. The routes to Verizon/Alter.net and ATT seem more stable.

It should be noted that if you're planning on hosting an EFNet ircd there you probably won't last too long. They don't specialize in DoS protection, and with their margins they can't retain customers who will attract those kind of issues.
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

Salam

I`ve 3 boxes (2 CentOS 4.5 and 1 Windows 2003) plus 40 IP`s from them. Waiting for another LE26 server to take care once it get available

I`m with corenetworks for about a year, Their support, network etc. is very better than some major datacenters.

I wholly recommend CoreNetworks, their services are great.
    Only problem is that they're often out of stock for servers!

Kindest Regards,
    J Scales

I've been using CoreNetworks for almost a year now and this is one exception where the phrase "you get what you pay for" does NOT apply.

For $25/mo, its definitely a steal. Russell and Andrew help out in any way and every way they can, even when emailed at 3am in the morning. They offer remote reboot and KVMoIP included.

Their network is pretty solid as well. I think they use ATT, UUNET, Savvis and Level3. I personally never noticed any lag or downtime.

So, yea, dont have second thoughts going with them. I'm sure you'll have a good experience.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

As I said before, I'd LOVE to get a $24.95 box with them but they are still out of them with NO ETA on when they will have more in.

That rots. Guess I'll just have to wait some more. :-(

Over the past year I think I've only seen them have the $24.95 server in stock maybe 3 or 4 times, and it never lasted more than a week. Understandably so -- those boxes are an incredible value.
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

As to be put on the last when one frees up. I am on that list frequently.

They were sold out for a year+ at one point, and it looked like they were either going out of buisness or something of the sort. Then one day they opened back up and started selling again, I was lucky enough to grab one of the starter servers before they sold out, but you really have to watch their site daily to avoid missin a deal on the cheapest server, they sell out very quick.