Dedicated Server in India and a Cheap CDN in US or Europe

Hello,

1. I am running a Streaming Website with Windows Media Services and now i am getting huge hit in these days. so i am looking for some cheap cdn's. currently i am using some windows 2003 servers which is really cheap and i am paying only 650euros for total 7 servers. the bandwidth is unlimited and i am using near 15 TB to 20 TB in a month. so i need a cheap CDN to change the entire network. can any one suggest? 55% of my users are from US and 40 % users are from Europe. So please recommend some cheap cdn with good support.

2. I need a Windows Dedicated Server in india which hosts in VSNL Data centre. i tried lot of companies but can't find a good deal. i need a amd or Intel atleast dual core with 1 Gb of Ram, 100 mb port and 1000 GB bandwidth. can any one suggest a good indian company with good uptime level ? i know it is too expensive in india. but i need one server in india. so please suggest some god companies. all the suggestions are appreciated. thank you.

Brox

1. Dont think that there are any CDNs in the price range that you are looking for. Most true, multiple location CDNs will be in the $5,000 per month range for 20 TB transfer. You may be able to find a single server, single location that will offer much lower price for 20 TB transfer.

2. Check out Xeex / NRSoftware in Chennai.

Hello Dennis Nugent,

Thank you for your reply. and i know CDN's are really expensive. i talked with one of your customer service executive before and they said it's like 30cents per GB or something like that. it will be a huge amount for us and we are not that much big. that is why i am looking for another CDN providers who are really cheap in the market. sorry. but i am ready to pay little bit more and if anyone knows any CDN's please suggest me. thank you.

Thank you for the indian dedicated sever companies. let me check their packages and deals.

One more question to you. do you know any control panels which support windows media services? i mean i have 7 servers. so i want to operate all the WMS under a single control panel or seperate panel. if there any one like please suggest me. thank you

Bandcon banner advertises their CDN on here all the time - what is their pricing per GB?

no idea about bandcon. but it looks like more than totalstream.net. anyway let me see there packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Nugent View Post
    1. Dont think that there are any CDNs in the price range that you are looking for. Most true, multiple location CDNs will be in the $5,000 per month range for 20 TB transfer. You may be able to find a single server, single location that will offer much lower price for 20 TB transfer.
    I've read that you can get L3 down to $.09/GB on their CDN.....

I've read that you can get L3 down to $.09/GB on their CDN...
    That is on your own LAN

What is it for national?
    global?

I highly doubt you'll be able to get any lower than $0.25/GB from any CDN with a 20TB commit. Level3 is offering some aggressive pricing for static content or progressive downloads, but their video streaming CDN product isn't quite ready for primetime yet from what I've heard.

Please share your experience in finding a Dedicated in India
    Cheers,
    Sivanandhan, P. (a.k.a. apsivam)
    My Blog Site

i have mailed L3, edgecast and Bandcon. still waiting for their reply..

Quote Originally Posted by apsivam View Post
    Please share your experience in finding a Dedicated in India
    It's really hard to find indian providers. there are lot of companies. but all are hosting in US. so still searching for a reliable provider who is hosting in vsnl data centre. i will share my experience when i found a good deal. thanks

vsnl is very expensive ...

u can try reliance but their service and support not so impressive ...
    david .c
    web hosting india , www.easy2host.in
    windows , linux -- webhosting / reseller hosting

Quote Originally Posted by sanudeep View Post
    vsnl is very expensive ...

u can try reliance but their service and support not so impressive ...

There are some reasons to select vsnl. i am using a 1mbps vsnl connection here and the upload speed to US is less than 250kbps. to europe i am getting near 300 kbps. but i am getting around 500 kbps upload speed to vsnl servers. that is why i am preffering vsnl. hope it's clear. thanks

from the recent search, i don't think that i am going to get a dedicated server in india. all are providing only 10 GB bandwidth or 15Gb bandwidth. and the cost is like 350$ or 550$ or 750$ for 10GB bandwidth. anyway i am still searching for a good deal and if any one knows any company which hosts in VSNL data centre and provides bandwidth between 500 Gb to 1000GB, then please post it here. all of your's suggestions are welcome and appreciated. thank you.

brox I would say have a look nearby, Singapore, HongKong, Taiwan, you may be able to get a good deal.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Hi,

but as i said, i preffer VSNL network to get the maximum speed. i don't think that i am going to get the same speed as VSNL in other networks. anyway thank you for your suggestion

Regards,

Brox

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    brox I would say have a look nearby, Singapore, HongKong, Taiwan, you may be able to get a good deal.
    I talked with edgecast CDN and their pricing is quite expensive for me. please look at this and share your thoughts please...

Commit Price per GB
    1 Terabyte 0.54$
    2 Terabyte 0.52$
    4 Terabyte 0.49$
    5 Terabyte 0.46$
    10 Terabyte 0.35$
    15 Terabyte 0.27$

Last edited by brox; 12-29-2007 at 12:40 PM.

India's infrastructure is not that good, hence the costs you are seeing. We have purposefully avoided having assets in India for many years due to the poor infrastructure.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by brox View Post
    Hi,

but as i said, i preffer VSNL network to get the maximum speed. i don't think that i am going to get the same speed as VSNL in other networks. anyway thank you for your suggestion

Regards,

Brox

I talked with edgecast CDN and their pricing is quite expensive for me. please look at this and share your thoughts please...

Commit Price per GB
    1 Terabyte 0.54$
    2 Terabyte 0.52$
    4 Terabyte 0.49$
    5 Terabyte 0.46$
    10 Terabyte 0.35$
    15 Terabyte 0.27$

What's your budget for this? In your fp you mention "cheap" - there is no cheap CDN. The whole idea of a CDN is to push massive quantities of data.

Hi, i can pay between 1500 to 2000$. and that is the deadline for me at this time. but may be i can pay more in the future.

I am ready to pay up to 500$ for the dedicated server in india. but i need atleast 1000Gb of bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by utropicmedia-karl View Post
    What's your budget for this? In your fp you mention "cheap" - there is no cheap CDN. The whole idea of a CDN is to push massive quantities of data.

To be very frank VSNL is one of the best networking/bandwidth provider in whole Asia. The VSNL Bandwidth is very expensive.

1000 GB will not be possible in India at your given rates.
    Dedicated server India | VPS Hosting India

Managed dedicated server and VPS hosting at 8 data centers in India, USA , Australia (Sydney), Singapore, Malaysia (Cyberjaya), China (Beijing) and UAE (Dubai) .

Quote Originally Posted by impulseweb View Post
    To be very frank VSNL is one of the best networking/bandwidth provider in whole Asia. The VSNL Bandwidth is very expensive.

1000 GB will not be possible in India at your given rates.
    Then how much it will cost for 1000GB?

$500 for 1000GB international transfer in india, are you kidding, the minimum is $1250 for 300GB transfer or 1mbps dedicated circuit and you will get 1mbps to US with multiple threads. I know a facility in hyderabad which will give you 99% availability at this cost.

I will be interested in your choice for a provider.

Using 15 to 20 TB of bandwidth is a lot. Maybe you should look for unmetered bandwidth?

For cheap and fast traffic I always propose:

http://www.hosteurope.de/produkte/WebPack-Pro

According to some reviews, speed is good. Yor can expect full speed for your included traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinne View Post
    For cheap and fast traffic I always propose:

http://www.hosteurope.de/produkte/WebPack-Pro

According to some reviews, speed is good. Yor can expect full speed for your included traffic.
    What site do you have hosted with them? It is quite clear you are a company shill by telling us what we can expect, prefacing that with a reference to "reviews" (e.g. second-hand experience)

Regards,

At which cost? you mean 1250$ for 300 GB?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I know a facility in hyderabad which will give you 99% availability at this cost.
    OMG... it's damn high... anyway i am still on search and i need one in india badly...

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    $500 for 1000GB international transfer in india, are you kidding, the minimum is $1250 for 300GB transfer or 1mbps dedicated circuit and you will get 1mbps to US with multiple threads.

brox 100 mb port and 1000 GB bandwidth is like dream here.

Still, contact different providers here in India and try to negotiate, I don't have direct experience, but still I think you should negotiate, your needs are huge and companies may like clinch the deal.

Some major players (ISP) are:

http://www.vsnl.in/corporateservices/idc.php
    http://www.relianceidc.com
    http://www.airtelworld.com/level4_t1.aspx?path=2/15/167
    http://www.spectranethosting.com

Don't just look at VSNL, there are other ISP too, which I have listed above.

You may also like to contact a real good hardware vendor here, providing hardware & network services to corporates & some telecom companies, they have their offices in various major cities, be it New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore etc. http://www.teamcomputers.com/solutio...d=10&clicked=5

Another company that may provide you a solution is http://www.pugmarks.in I think they are same as http://www.pugmarks.net

1 MBPS line will cost you about US $ 600 per month at VSNL datacenters. Almost all ISP's in India borrow the bandwidth heavily from VSNL.

Yes you can get cheap Bandwidth from reliance , they provide 1000 GB per month for few hundred dollars. But Reliance is very poor in infrastructure and bandwidth is very poor.
    Dedicated server India | VPS Hosting India

Managed dedicated server and VPS hosting at 8 data centers in India, USA , Australia (Sydney), Singapore, Malaysia (Cyberjaya), China (Beijing) and UAE (Dubai) .

Hello vinsar, thank you for your kind suggestions. but there are some reasons which i already explained here in my previous posts that why i need VSNL network. anyway let me try the other offers too...

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    brox 100 mb port and 1000 GB bandwidth is like dream here.

Still, contact different providers here in India and try to negotiate, I don't have direct experience, but still I think you should negotiate, your needs are huge and companies may like clinch the deal.

Some major players (ISP) are:

http://www.vsnl.in/corporateservices/idc.php
    http://www.relianceidc.com
    http://www.airtelworld.com/level4_t1.aspx?path=2/15/167
    http://www.spectranethosting.com

Don't just look at VSNL, there are other ISP too, which I have listed above.

You may also like to contact a real good hardware vendor here, providing hardware & network services to corporates & some telecom companies, they have their offices in various major cities, be it New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore etc. http://www.teamcomputers.com/solutio...d=10&clicked=5

also the support. i have contacted them recently before 4 days. no response from yet.

Quote Originally Posted by impulseweb View Post
    Yes you can get cheap Bandwidth from reliance , they provide 1000 GB per month for few hundred dollars. But Reliance is very poor in infrastructure and bandwidth is very poor.

Contacted PEER1 and got their reply...

Our service is a content delivery service not a streaming service . If your content is archived video ( not live event) then we can cache it on our (17) caching servers located in North America and Europe. The pricing at 15TB is $0.50 (listed below) and your commitment each month would be $7,500 and the agreement would be for one year. We can offer you an agreement that would include the first 30-days for free and allow you to decide if you would like to continue after 30-days. Let me know if you would like to move forward. Also, I have attached some information for your review.

0-499 $1.00
    500-999 $1.00
    1,000 - 4,999 $0.80
    5,000 - 9,999 $0.65
    10,000 - 24,999 $0.50
    So, i think it's not going to work for me. so i am going to stick with my dedicated servers. now i have 7+ servers. i heard that there is a option to make a group of servers with windows media services like clustering. and i saw the option on windows media services to add another servers. but it's showing access denied message all time. i really don't know how to grant the access or how to make the cluster or group of windows media services. so if any one can help me with it, it would be nice and appreciated. also if there any technical support company or website who is doing these kind jobs, please suggest me. thank you.

Got some questions about FDC dedicated servers and will be back shortly with it. thank you for all of yours responses.

i already told u reliance is very poor in pre-sales support ..

and they need one week to set up the server ....
    david .c
    web hosting india , www.easy2host.in
    windows , linux -- webhosting / reseller hosting