Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Am Legend - I Am Not Impressed

Wow.. I really was not impressed by this movie. I thought it was going to be really good, but I think it was just "ok".

The story line could of been really good, and a lot of things could of happend. The ending wasn't good, as the flow of the movie was constant.. then all of a suddent the movie ends in about 5 minutes.

Will Smith was good, but had to compare with only a few other people in the movie. Its a shame, could of been so much better. My g/f is a huge Will Smith fan.. and I um... at one point in the movie.. had to.. umm.. wake her up....
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

Wow, I really loved the movie. I don't know why you felt that way. There were some sudden body jerking parts in that movie along with comedy. The ending, well true but I think they wanted you to imagine what would happen yourself...
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

I also loved the movie. It was much better than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydWS View Post
    My g/f is a huge Will Smith fan.. and I um... at one point in the movie.. had to.. umm.. wake her up....
    I'd bet it was after the scene where he was doing the pull-ups... she was not sleep, she was day dreaming.

Seriously, I thought it was a good movie for what it was... can't go into a zombie/mutant-type movie and expect too much. It was alright... not the best movie I've seen all year, but it was ok for what it was. I agree with Starky, it was much better than I was expecting as well.

Will Smith has came a long way...
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

I wonder how they did all those effects? Where can I find like the behind the scenes of all that?
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

The movie was bit disappointment , the expectations where very high.

The movie was ok. It would be great if they explain the story better.

Why the outbreak, why is he immune... etc

None the less, it is a good holiday movie to go see it with your family. It gives us something to think about with all genetic modification that is going on around the word.
    RestoreMax - The benchmark of PC Remote Backup Software for web hosts
    RestoreMax Standard Edition [Available Now]
    Distributor License launching in 4 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by RestoreMax View Post
    The movie was ok. It would be great if they explain the story better.

Why the outbreak, why is he immune... etc

None the less, it is a good holiday movie to go see it with your family. It gives us something to think about with all genetic modification that is going on around the word.
    lol.. they did.... you must have been sleep.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Well, i think i went into the movie expecting too much. So i was disappointed, but it was entertaining enough to say it was a great movie the first time through, but i dont know how many more times i will ever bother to see it.

For me it was like castaway with monsters. I would give it a 3 out of 5. If will smith would have made a better descision at the end and threw the grenade and lived i would have given it 3.5.

On another note i just came home from watching avp-r and it was SO much better than the first piece of garbage. If you liked predator or alien originals you will like this one.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

Meh. Here's what I recommend:

http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Comple...8744938&sr=8-1
    http://www.amazon.com/Serenity-Colle...8744974&sr=1-1

It'll be the best $30 you ever spend. Plus it's a great monetary value - can't beat 4 DVDs with 14 episodes and a movie for $30.
    Last edited by avythe; 12-27-2007 at 04:49 AM.

Wow.. I really was not impressed by this movie. I thought it was going to be really good, but I think it was just "ok".

The story line could of been really good, and a lot of things could of happend. The ending wasn't good, as the flow of the movie was constant.. then all of a suddent the movie ends in about 5 minutes.

Will Smith was good, but had to compare with only a few other people in the movie. Its a shame, could of been so much better. My g/f is a huge Will Smith fan.. and I um... at one point in the movie.. had to.. umm.. wake her up....
    I feel that the movie was rushed from the point <spoiler> where he got caught in that trap.</spoiler>
    Had it not been rushed in the end, it could have easily been one of the best movies of the year .
    Rene K.

I was not impressed also!

He is a good actor but probably not for this kind of movie....

Instead I was really happy about ''25 weeks later'' just great!!

i had read the original script before watching the movie and was disappointed in the deviation from it, but overall was a good movie

I am still trying to decide on seeing this. I read the book as a kid and have not seen a good adaptation yet.

It's Will Smith, not Robert DeNiro, don't except much.
    IntelliSerp - The most accurate and intelligent keyword rank tracking software.

I yawned through this movie. Action-driven plots bore me. I rank this at the bottom of Will Smith movies, and that includes Wild, Wild West.

I thought it was a good movie, I think people went in expecting something completely different. Not many movies where you have the aftermath of something to deal with instead of the story trying to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by wish71 View Post
    I was not impressed also!

He is a good actor but probably not for this kind of movie....

Instead I was really happy about ''25 weeks later'' just great!!
    I think you mean 28 weeks later? - That was a great movie.

I was not impressed with I Am Legend either. It had quite a bit of stiff competition considering the amount zombie movies out. I don't think this movie did it well. The plot had a lot of potential, if only it was executed better..

4/10 would be my rating.

I've read the original book, and I'm a fan of it. I've yet to see the movie, but from what I've heard - it's not too bad, if you don't associate it with the book.

I saw the movie twice, first time was entertaining, second time was a waste of money.

It's good for entertainment value, at best. Don't go in looking for an AFI top 100 quality production.

I liked the movie, but I wish they had spent a bit more time and money on the zombie/vampire FX. They were too fake.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I thought it was pretty entertaining the first time, but like most of you I was upset with the ending. It seemed like they just ran out of paper and decided to stop their script right there. I don't plan on seeing it a second time, but for a mostly-original movie these days it wasn't half bad.

I also thought they did a pretty good job of getting your heart rate up. The scare factor in this movie was definitely better than most of the recent horror movies, and not nearly as stupid, so that was a plus.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by WHTer View Post
    Will Smith is an excellent actor. I wouldn't compare DeNiro to Smith anyways, they play much different roles in the movies they're in.

Yeah the ending was kind of a let down.Otherwise the rest of the movie was brilliant. ah well i still think the movie was worth seeing.

This movie was a big let down.

I think the movie is great with very good acting by Will Smith

i liked it overall except for the fact that they used cancer as the underlying disease....

Cancer is not a virus... it is a disease...

I would have been much happier if they would have used HIV instead....
    Biznesshosting, Inc. DBA VOLICO - Intelligent Hosting Solutions
    East Coast Enterprise Dedicated Servers and Miami Colocation.
    managed and unmanaged dedicated servers. High bandwidth colocation. Managed clusters.

I thought it was a good movie, although the ending was pretty sudden as others have said.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Quote Originally Posted by AFerrier View Post
    cancer wasnt the cause. the medicine they invented to cure cancer was!
    In the movie, they essentially created a retrovirus to target the cancer disease....

unfortunately that simply doesn't make sense since targeting a cancer cell is like finding a needle in the galaxy...

retrovirus is one that anneals itself to the genome of the host... hence we are able to target the HIV virus...

by annealing one self to the genome, you become part of the DNA of the host... hence the mutations in the movie...
    managed and unmanaged dedicated servers. High bandwidth colocation. Managed clusters.

Quote Originally Posted by bizness View Post
    In the movie, they essentially created a retrovirus to target the cancer disease....

unfortunately that simply doesn't make sense since targeting a cancer cell is like finding a needle in the galaxy...

retrovirus is one that anneals itself to the genome of the host... hence we are able to target the HIV virus...

by annealing one self to the genome, you become part of the DNA of the host... hence the mutations in the movie...
    alrighty then.. so did you like the movie doctor?

The movie bored me, to be completely honest.
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

Quote Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
    alrighty then.. so did you like the movie doctor?
    overall.. yes, i enjoyed it... ALL except the basis of the mutation :-)

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu View Post
    lol.. they did.... you must have been sleep.
    when did they explain it ??
    RestoreMax - The benchmark of PC Remote Backup Software for web hosts
    RestoreMax Standard Edition [Available Now]
    Distributor License launching in 4 weeks!

I liked the movie, i think i went in not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. Will Smith is one of the best actors of this generation if not the best actor.

Quote Originally Posted by WHTer View Post
    Didn't Deniro star in a Rocky and Bullwinkle remake.
    How many web hosts does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Quote Originally Posted by IPsecure View Post
    Will Smith is one of the best actors of this generation if not the best actor.
    I like Will Smith a lot, but I'd place actors like Ralph Fiennes, Sean Penn, Ian McShane, Glenn Close, and Daniel Day-Lewis in a class a full notch above Smith.

I completely agree, it was very "ok" at best. For all the hype, and all the people who were astounded by it, I was let down.

Oh well, give it a week or two and there will be another huge blockbuster hit to take its place.

I hear good things about this movie, and can't wait to see it.
    Salvador Paniagua | CEO/Founder of AllureHost.com
    cPanel Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Hosting - Custom Hosting
    cPanel 11 | ASSP Spam Filter | WHMCS | RVSkin | RVSiteBuilder | Fantastico | PHP & MySQL 5 | Site Transfer

Anyone know how Anna & Ethan got off the island?

Quote Originally Posted by inogenius View Post
    Anyone know how Anna & Ethan got off the island?
    Good question.. I don't remember them saying anything about how they got to/from the island. Obviously must have used a small boat or some marine vehicle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast