Cpanel question.... Help needed

Suppose if we buy a license for cpanel on our VPS, and want to reseller hosting on it.

Please let me know, how can we provide WHM panel to more then 1 cleints so he can even host unlimited domains and use WHM ?

As far as i know, cpanel has 2 interface

1) User Level
    2) WHM

is there any Admin interface too , from where we can make WHM accounts..

PS = Also mention is there any site, to get external CPanel license less then $ 15 ?

Thanks..

Both admin and reseller user web host manager with different access level.

You can create multiple reseller accounts, each reseller account can create unlimited hosting accounts.

Do a search on google and you will find some sites offering VPS license @ $15 (kind a standard price)
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    Both admin and reseller user web host manager with different access level.

You can create multiple reseller accounts, each reseller account can create unlimited hosting accounts.

Do a search on google and you will find some sites offering VPS license @ $15 (kind a standard price)
    As i mentioned, we can get Cpanel license for $ 14 , for our VPS's , is there any reseller which can offer even less.

And i wanted to ask -

Can someone explain in detail, access level of CPanel..
    How does it operates , i mean , admin , reseller, user...

Basically i am well known with Direct Admin , and hardly used WHM / CPanel

Help will be highly appreciated.

As what i see from
    http://www.cpanel.net/products/cpwhm/cpanel11/demo.htm

only 1 person / admin can handle WHM ... ?

WHM/cpanel levels

WHM has an admin and a reseller level.

You would be at the WHM admin level.
    From there you can create unlimited WHM reseller levels.

Each WHM reseller level has access to a WHM panel, but is limited to only creating new virtual hosting accounts. They can not create other resellers. Only the admin can create resellers (unless you use a module to that specifically allows it).

Then the virtual hosting account would have a user level where they could login to cpanel to manage their site.

I hope that clears it up some. If you want to create resellers you will have to be at the admin level. At the admin level you will have server functions and control over hostname and nameservers.

There are third party programs i believe you can use to allow resellers to create sub-resellers, but im not familiar with these.

If you are trying to allow someone to have their own WHM admin panel the best way is to setup a VPS and install a WHM license on the vps for that person. Then they could sit at the admin level and have full functions and create resellers as well.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

Quote Originally Posted by RH4U View Post
    WHM has an admin and a reseller level.

You would be at the WHM admin level.
    From there you can create unlimited WHM reseller levels.

Each WHM reseller level has access to a WHM panel, but is limited to only creating new virtual hosting accounts. They can not create other resellers. Only the admin can create resellers (unless you use a module to that specifically allows it).

Then the virtual hosting account would have a user level where they could login to cpanel to manage their site.

I hope that clears it up some. If you want to create resellers you will have to be at the admin level. At the admin level you will have server functions and control over hostname and nameservers.

There are third party programs i believe you can use to allow resellers to create sub-resellers, but im not familiar with these.

If you are trying to allow someone to have their own WHM admin panel the best way is to setup a VPS and install a WHM license on the vps for that person. Then they could sit at the admin level and have full functions and create resellers as well.

Thanks a ton for detailed help and your time,
    yes it cleared a lot of issue here to me.

Just want to know what are different ports assigned to

-admin ( 2086 ? )
    -reseller
    -user ( i guess :2082 )

And next query is can someone provide VPS cpanel license for less then $ 14 which i am already getting ?

Sorry i just caught your question on cpanel licensing. Cpanel has internal and external prices. The price for the VPS external license (which means its not being provided directly to you from a cpanel distributor while you are on their network) is $14 dollars.

Thats the cheapest you will find it unless you get an internal license. Which for us is around $7 per vps.

Prices on this may vary a dollar or so, but i havent heard of anything cheaper than 14 for external vps licenses.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

You can login unsecure or secure. The standard ports would be:

cpanel end user: 2082
    cpanel secure end user: 2083

whm reseller & admin: 2086
    whm secure reseller/admin: 2087

to webmail only: 2095
    secure webmail: 2096

I think thats it
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

You can go here http://www.cpanel.net/partners/partn....cgi?showall=1 and find an up to date list of cpanel partners, they will have the best prices. If you get your vps plan with one of them you should be able to get the cpanel from 6-10 per vps.

Be sure to do a search the host before you sign up and get some feedback from the forums.
    Last edited by RH4U; 12-27-2007 at 03:54 AM.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by RH4U View Post
    You can go here http://www.cpanel.net/partners/partn....cgi?showall=1 and find an up to date list of cpanel partners, they will have the best prices. If you get your vps plan with one of them you should be able to get the cpanel from 6-10 per vps.

Be sure to do a search the host before you sign up and get some feedback from the forums.

We already have a dedicated box and need License for your VPS's on our box.
    So, i was asking if we could get down then $ 14 ?

No, unfortunately not. I have ran into this problem many times myself. In fact i own a VZMC license from swsoft and the providers i wish to use dont currently support vz so i cant even get a internal license for it.

Im required to get a external for each vps and the cheapest i have found is at fastservers.net for an external license.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!