View Poll Results: Best domain registrar?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • enom

1 14.29%
  • resellone.net

1 14.29%
  • directi (no MB module yet)

3 42.86%
  • other

2 28.57%

domain reseller registrars

Looking for a domain reseller plan that integrates nicely with modernbill v5.

Which is the best reseller considering these aspects:
    - pricing
    - MB registrar module stability
    - setup fees

Also, is resellone.net is the "resellone" module in MB? If they are owned by Tucows, what's the purpose / difference of opensrs.com (now forwarding to http://services.tucows.com/)?

I didn't like Modernbill when I tried it out a few years back.

Ubersmith, Platypus, Emerald or go Custom.
    Area51.mn VPS, Dedicated & Colocated Servers.
    Area51 Computers Custom Servers & Gaming Systems. (Since 1998)
    NetAffect Email & Web Hosting Services. (Since 1996)
    Quality Systems & Service Since 1996

Ubersmith is a complete rip off and has about 1/4th the features of MB. But, it is a nicer interface with more simplicity I admit.

Platypus = $99/mo starting, another rip off

emerald = your joking yourself if you use that for a professional web hosting company

keep in mind this was quite a while ago but I did a test with a few hundred clients on MB and it wasn't billing some of the clients proper amounts(very bad and unprofessional), had no support for mail billing, some stability issues and also had severals security issues that the people at MB could not address. They did have decent support as far as quick response but were unable to rectify the problems so I sold my unlimited license back in 2005 to someone here on WHT.
    Ubersmith is a Stable Affordable Solution

Emerald is great for ISP's, I doubt you've ever worked with it from your response. It's also not for the small host.

Platypus is a bit spendy for what you get and not very easy to use for first timers but can be very affective at managing large numbers of clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibaba View Post
    Ubersmith is a complete rip off and has about 1/4th the features of MB. But, it is a nicer interface with more simplicity I admit.

Platypus = $99/mo starting, another rip off

emerald = your joking yourself if you use that for a professional web hosting company
    $99/month is a rip off? For any serious business $99 is nothing.. considering the cost of getting something built inhouse at the same quality level ($5-30K minimum). I'm not talking about people who know a bit of php and claim they can build something of the same magnitude. Also included in that price is support.. We use ubersmith PRO, and the support is basically instant. From what I Hear modernbill replies can take weeks, if they even reply.

Bottomline $99 is very reasonable for any legit business.

Ubersmith doesn't support php5. Thats not serious business

Talk with them and ask them why, I'm sure they have a reason. Most hosts keep the billing platform on it's own server(s) for security so why would it matter what platform it runs on when it's only job is to run the billing solution? It could be running on a sun server as long as it does it's job, is secure and cuts down on man/woman hours it would be a viable solution.