Well, I found my Heroic support....

Well, after bouncing host to host looking for a good place for my free hosting community to call a home, I finally found it...HostDime.

The community first started off on a server from TrexHost. I was with them from the beginning of June to beginning of November. Here are the specs of the first server:
    Intel P4 2.8Ghz
    2 x 80GB IDE Hard Drive
    1GB DDR RAM
    Bandwidth: 1500GB
    Things were great with Trex. I ran into a couple issues. One of them being an issue with the Data center if I remember correctly, and the other was DDoS. Both of those issues were quickly resolved. The staff was very helpful at all times, especially Mike, who gave me his personal AIM screen name and phone number in case I ever needed help. I soon had to leave Trex because I was pulling too much money out of my pocket, and need to downgrade. Unfortunately, Trex didn't offer VPS servers, and I needed to be able to create reseller accounts. In all I'd definitely give Trex an 9/10, they were a great host, and I hope they will continue to do well.

I then moved to Liquid Web. The VPS setup time was decent, but the VPS had issues from the start e.g. AWStats not working, web disk in cpanel didn't work correctly, along with a few other minor issues. VPS specs:
    DiskSpace: 100 GB RAID protected storage
    Memory: 768MB dedicated RAM, 1024MB burstable
    Bandwidth: 700GB Monthly Transfer
    I originally got the smallest VPS they offered, but it didn't have enough ram, so they told me I had to spend an extra 40$ a month to upgrade to their bigger VPS. I got a little heated when I found this out, because I moved to a VPS to try an save some money, but I bit the bullet and upgraded. Well the upgrade didn't go so smoothly, and it took a lot longer than I expected and even after it was complete my VPS was still down.

One of the main reasons I chose LW was because of their 24/7 phone support, but every time I called an spoke with someone they always wanted me to work over a ticket. I guess LW just wasn't the company for me. I'd give them a 6/10.

Now I'm with HostDime. They had a server special, and I decided to go with it. I've been with them since the beginning of December and I'm happy so far, I'm pretty sure I found a permanent home for my community . Server specs:
    Core 2 Duo 2.13 Ghz (2 Physical CPUs)
    1GB DDR2 RAM
    2 x 160GB SATA II Drives
    1.5TB Bandwidth on 10mbps port
    I have yet to have any major issues with them, though I have submitted a few tickets, all of which were taken care of quickly. I've only had two incidences so far. The first problem was with an apache upgrade, there was an issue with the http config file which kept apache from restarting, but I fixed that. The other issue was waiting 20 minutes to get someone on the phone, but I assume my call got mixed up some how. I contacted my account manager Manny via IM, and he had a tech on the phone with me before our short conversation was over. Over all the staff is extremely helpful, Manny, just like Mike from Trex, gave me his personal IM username and cell phone number and insisted that I call him if I ever have any issues, even if it's 2am. One thing that really gets me is that the techs don't mind sitting on the phone with me to troubleshoot an issue, and they aren't satisfied until I am. With that being said, I give HostDime a 10/10, and I hope it stays that way
    Last edited by clayt0n; 12-26-2007 at 05:15 PM.

glad you found a good host finally. it can be hard to find one that meets your needs. i know i switched around a few times when i started out long ago. i had a pretty popular forum. and it couldnt handle a shared server. i trade it off tho and got rid of the forum. How many users you have in your community?

Great to hear. That's a nice server too, nice choice.

1.5TB Bandwidth on 10mbps port
    For which period of time?
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Sounds like you're getting the support you were looking for . Keep us updated on your experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by adult100mbps View Post
    glad you found a good host finally. it can be hard to find one that meets your needs. i know i switched around a few times when i started out long ago. i had a pretty popular forum. and it couldnt handle a shared server. i trade it off tho and got rid of the forum. How many users you have in your community?
    Theres only a couple hundred members, most of which actively visit the forum throughout the day.

Comparing a VPS to a fully dedicated server isn't a fair comparison. However Liquid web should have corrected the issues at hand.

It has to do with the quality of service, I'm not trying to match up hardware.