creativeVPS review

Hello, my name is Shikhir A and I have one VPS with creativevps.

URL to creativeVPS: http://creativevps.com

They are a good site, with good staff members to help. Nice prices and good vps's. I use their VPS as a backup, and its really nice. Joe's (r00ter @ wht) a cool guy too to help out with and speak too, he also gives nice advice

Pros: Good pricing/vps, good speeds and nice support

Cons: Flexibility

Recommended.

I do not have a url with them, since it is a backup vps, but my ips with them is:

Thanks guys!

You're very welcome, Shikhir!

Nice to see this company gaining momentum. Although, even if it is for the mods, displaying the IPs might be a bit iffy as a security risk.

That Guy,

That's what I thought - but he has no real domain on the box, as it's like he said - a backup box.

Quote Originally Posted by r00ter View Post
    That Guy,

That's what I thought - but he has no real domain on the box, as it's like he said - a backup box.
    True, but if I did have a domain, you could have traced the nameservers and found the ip

Well, i'm glad to see that your happy Shikhir and if you don't mind me asking why did you choose them for an offsite backup? I know most people who choose a backup solution would pick something with unlimited data transfer.

Well, Joe's a good friend and yeah I just felt like going funny :p, why purchase more than you need. Currently the 20GB I get is great

Yes, I understand that but if you do backups every day with a total diskspace of 20GB and are only allowed 100GB of transfer then that would only equal up to 5 days. The advantages of having a backup provider such as bq, talanov, and etc is the unlimited transfer. If you really wanted to you could transfer every second

Correct, what happens with me though is that my backups override the previous backup, and the amount of clients I have take up 3 GB total.

But I'm considering moving my backup solution, as you have good points there. I am looking at ServerOrigin
    They aren't' unlimited, however tell me Matt if you know any good good companies with good reviews like ServerOrigin and do not oversell that provide good backup, I'll take a look!

Take a look at Bqbackup.com or Talanovbackup.com <- I think thats the web address.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.G View Post
    Take a look at Bqbackup.com or Talanovbackup.com <- I think thats the web address.
    Thanks! Currently, I'm sticking with creativeVPS as I used 4.9GB this month, of my around 300GB I get (bandwith).

However if it gets out of hand I'll "see", at the minute I'm good

Hello Shikhir,

Good to see you here accidentally! I see that you own the "Sarorahost.com"
    And I am using one VPS with creativeVPS and very wondering why everytime the hostname always be force to change to : "sprime.sarorahost.com"

I did ask this with Joe(r00ter @ wht) and always said the same thing "I will fix it!" and then sometime later, it will change back again to your domain!

I just want to make this clear since I am still new in VPS. Why my hostname is pointing to your domain?

Thank You very much for clarifying.

Regards,

QI

I don't know, its an IP/DNS error, you have to submit a support ticket at creativeVPS.

Could be a bug in the virtualization software they use but only they can help you - not Shikhir.

Or it could be an error with the DNS Config of the node your on and also general configs going wrong. I know over time that things can start to change themselves.

QuickInstaller,

You had your hostname in the HyperVM panel set as sprime.sarorahost.com - I have since modified it to the hostname that you specified in our billing area, and is now active.

creativeVPS rox!

Thanks for your help today with the servers issues

keep it up joe