ServINT DNS outages?

I was going to post this last time this happened but had some doubt about it's being ServINT's problem.

It appears I can't resolve anything on ServINT's network from New York (Verizon), including their portal.

This happened before about a month ago, I tried switching DNS to ISP and OpenDNS with same result.

Anyone know what's going on? I can load stuff using the IP but not domain.

Edit: Some parts are back up.. portal is still: The server at 209.50.226.22 is taking too long to respond.
    Last edited by WebFoundation; 12-26-2007 at 02:47 PM.

None of my dedicated servers there are answering either by domain name or IP. Even the portal for trouble tickets is dead.

Same thing happened to me, a month ago and now again. I was logged into the server and suddenly I can't get to anything at all. I can get to other locations.

What ISP do you use? I am on Comcast.

I can get to my client SITES on Servint VPS, but not to WHM/cpanel, SSH, the support portal, the servint website or forums.

I havce servers in each Servint datacentre I am unable to ping between the two. It appears there must be a power or network outage in all or part of their original datacentre...
    Last edited by ijg0; 12-26-2007 at 03:20 PM.

And now most of it is back. What WAS that?

Looks like I'm back. Servers were not re-booted so must have been network.

Thanks Webhostingtalk for providing this forum.

It cannot have been huge, or more people would have posted here. But it was big enough that people in different regions and from different ISPs felt it.

Seems to just have been an authoritative DNS problem. DNS is one of those things that is easy to manage and also easy to mess up.
    I always think it's best to outsource something like that to the experts like UltraDNS.com or DNSMadeEasy.com.

Seems like their IP's were not resolving either so having your own DNS would make no difference.
    Edit: I mean it wouldn't make a difference to their IP's resolving to host names which is what was affecting things for us.

Also, we had a server in London go down because it couldn't handle the load that it was sharing with one over in Servint.