Hosts that do free cpanel transfers

I was reading how hostgator will do up to 30 cpanel transfers for a reseller. Are there other hosts that offer a similar service?
    PHP Link Directory Script
    Easy Profitable 1000s of Sites us phpLD
    Hosts We Recommend for Users of Our Software

Quote Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
    I was reading how hostgator will do up to 30 cpanel transfers for a reseller. Are there other hosts that offer a similar service?
    Most hosts will help transfer your website(s) to their service at no charge. Create a list of potential hosts and send them this exact pre-sales question.

Almost all hosts will do this for you for free. Any way, I would suggest you to ask your host before you sign up to avoid confusion.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

its 1 click in WHM to copy accounts, so why not? just be sure that accounts with the old host are active, and you know every account user name and password (I assume you do not have root access of the old host)

I have a big reseller account with site5, and I have yet to find an easy way to move away from them.

I have a big reseller account with site5, and I have yet to find an easy way to move away from them.

Are they using Cpanel? As said above, most hosts will do the transfer for free if it is from a Cpnel server.
    Matt A.

It depends what control panel Site5 are using, we have methodologies for cpanel-cpanel, plesk-plesk, ensim-enim etc and regularly migrate-in clients sites from their existing hosts.

What's more problematic, and so done with an admin charge are cross-control-panel migrations - as they can involve a fair amount of work - particularly when migrating from proprietory systems.

There's a problem with Site5 and the transfers, they haver disabled the "full backup" option on their modified version of cpanel which makes the transfer difficult, and if you try to tell to their support to make it manually, they are going to give you excuses over and over (yes, I have personal experience with this, transferring some customers site) at the end, what I had to do is to pack the files through and dump the Mysql Databases of each site through SSH.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    There's a problem with Site5 and the transfers, they haver disabled the "full backup" option on their modified version of cpanel which makes the transfer difficult, and if you try to tell to their support to make it manually, they are going to give you excuses over and over (yes, I have personal experience with this, transferring some customers site) at the end, what I had to do is to pack the files through and dump the Mysql Databases of each site through SSH.
    In that case, transfer is going to be a head ache, especially when you have a larger reseller account.
    I think you can start requesting them for a complete backup of all accounts and then get it transfered. Doing a manual transfer of the files and databases will be very difficult if you have a large account list.
    Matt A.

If it can not be automated i believe most hosts will be careful by giving you it for free, you must understand they are all in business to make money, they can not start to give you a full time employee for a day

That said, you may be able to do a great deal yourself, and if you are not in a big hurry you could do it site by site, i am sure there are enough hosts which are willing to assist you with it.

It would be far easier if your previous hosts would cooperate with a move, i do not understand why some make it hard for their customers to make a choice, I understand they are sad you leave, but if they would not help you, they can be sure you never come back too.

Hope you find a host which can help you do the move!
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

The majority of hosts will do transfers it's just a matter of to what degree they'll do them.

For example for us we no longer login to the resellers account. We ask them to set the backups to ftp to their space with us. Once they want us to restore files just tell us and we'll move and restore them. We've found attempting to do this ourselves is ridiculously time consuming and depending on the reliability of the former host it could takes hours and hours to move everything without even counting the actual restoration on our machines.

There are some hosts who still will login and do it but I'm sure it's only a matter of time and they're letting the reseller do the part of the task that is very time consuming.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

For example for us we no longer login to the resellers account. We ask them to set the backups to ftp to their space with us. Once they want us to restore files just tell us and we'll move and restore them. We've found attempting to do this ourselves is ridiculously time consuming and depending on the reliability of the former host it could takes hours and hours to move everything without even counting the actual restoration on our machines.
    The problem is, that with Site5 he wont be able to upload the full backups to be restored, because Site5 have that option disabled.
    If you try to guide to their support to run /scripts/pkgacct accountname you'll get no help from the other side, at least that's my personal experience with at least 3 account that I moved for some customers.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

cPanel to cPanel transfers are usually quite easy. They do have some issues, but to expect two servers with two completely different web hosts to be setup exactly alike, is just a far fetched dream. I've found that using wget -r on hosts not using cPanel seems to be a pretty easy transfer. You'll see some settings, but the site will still be intact, and that is the most important part.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    The problem is, that with Site5 he wont be able to upload the full backups to be restored, because Site5 have that option disabled.
    If you try to guide to their support to run /scripts/pkgacct accountname you'll get no help from the other side, at least that's my personal experience with at least 3 account that I moved for some customers.
    Yeah and it's unfortunate that it's the case. The OP is going to have a heck of a time doing a migration
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Quote Originally Posted by inogenius View Post
    cPanel to cPanel transfers are usually quite easy. They do have some issues, but to expect two servers with two completely different web hosts to be setup exactly alike, is just a far fetched dream. I've found that using wget -r on hosts not using cPanel seems to be a pretty easy transfer. You'll see some settings, but the site will still be intact, and that is the most important part.
    That will work with plain html sites, but wish you good luck with PHP, Perl or database driven sites with that method.
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

i agree most of company providing free transfer but with experience its will not be always just simple whm transfer. most of resellers account don't having root access and it will not always just one click transfer. because of that some are charging some amount for transfers and some are doing with good understanding with customers.

This is pretty bad news about site5. It's like they make it difficult to leave on purpose. I probably just need to slowly move away from them, and be sure not to recommend them to people. I wish it were otherwise.

This is pretty bad news about site5. It's like they make it difficult to leave on purpose. I probably just need to slowly move away from them, and be sure not to recommend them to people. I wish it were otherwise.
    I always move things slowly, and controlled, sometimes you may run into things you didnt expect, rather have 1 site with a problem as all sites with problems. I often means paying for 2 services for a short time but its well worth it in my opinion.

Good luck with your move.

Most hosts will do this for free.

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    I always move things slowly, and controlled, sometimes you may run into things you didnt expect, rather have 1 site with a problem as all sites with problems. I often means paying for 2 services for a short time but its well worth it in my opinion.

Good luck with your move.
    Yes, this is good advice. I will try to get a couple of sites off the reseller each month.