Anti-Spam Services

Does anyone know what providers like Postini or Messagelabs charge for antispam/antivirus services?

I'm trying to find out pricing for something like 5000 domains, 50,000 mailboxes.
    "I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it. ".
    Rodney Dangerfield (from "I Get No Respect!").

I believe they're right around $1 per mailbox. So, figure roughly $50,000.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by Babushka99 View Post
    Does anyone know what providers like Postini or Messagelabs charge for antispam/antivirus services?

I'm trying to find out pricing for something like 5000 domains, 50,000 mailboxes.
    Probably cost effective to buy your own device here, check out:

MailFoundry
    IronPort
    IronMail (SecureComputing)
    CanIT Spam (Roaring Penguin)
    Barracuda

When you've taken into account the costs of bandwidth, devices, admin time to keep the systems updated and rules up to date, a lot of the time it is easier to put the services in the hands of those guys.

I've found Blackspider to be good in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by RossH View Post
    Probably cost effective to buy your own device here, check out:

MailFoundry
    IronPort
    IronMail (SecureComputing)
    CanIT Spam (Roaring Penguin)
    Barracuda
    Tried IronPort - results were so-so. MailFoundry in this part of the world is not available. Have 'just' put a trial on for Barracuda and am training it these days, will start measuring it performance from next week. I'm very seriously leaning towards Barracuda - the price/performance seems almost too good to be true.
    "I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it. ".

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    I believe they're right around $1 per mailbox. So, figure roughly $50,000.
    Postini is nowhere near that high for 50K mailboxes. I'd encourage the OP to contact them directly and ask for a quote on E-Mail Security for Service Providers. Although at 50K mailboxes, the economics start to tilt in favor of buying a hardware solution like MailFoundry or similar.

Brandon

Mailfoundry is not available where we are, we tried ironport, but not too overly impressed by it, however, we are giving barracuda a shot. seems promising.

It should be closer to .5-.6/us per mailbox with those numbers.. but you are better off doing it in house if you have the funds to buy the equipment, software and capable administrators.

If you know what your doing Imail+Sophos is a good solution.
    Area51.mn VPS, Dedicated & Colocated Servers.
    Area51 Computers Custom Servers & Gaming Systems. (Since 1998)
    NetAffect Email & Web Hosting Services. (Since 1996)
    Quality Systems & Service Since 1996

I guess for us it is a trade-off question - do we want to outsource this or have it done by ourselves? Almost 50% of our support tickets are mail related of spam, or RBL blocking emails, or tracking emails lost or quarantined, etc. Though we handle these tickets very well, it is time consuming. The barracuda has an advantage for each user to be able to set their own policies, I'm not sure how flexible the outsourced solutions are. Will either solution help us in reducing tickets, probably not, as end-users simply don't undertand the concepts - especially behind scoring, and tagging and RBLs. But no doubt the ROI on co-located equipment is much better than outsourced for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Babushka99 View Post
    I guess for us it is a trade-off question - do we want to outsource this or have it done by ourselves? Almost 50% of our support tickets are mail related of spam, or RBL blocking emails, or tracking emails lost or quarantined, etc. Though we handle these tickets very well, it is time consuming. The barracuda has an advantage for each user to be able to set their own policies, I'm not sure how flexible the outsourced solutions are. Will either solution help us in reducing tickets, probably not, as end-users simply don't undertand the concepts - especially behind scoring, and tagging and RBLs. But no doubt the ROI on co-located equipment is much better than outsourced for sure.
    with barracuda your support calls will all be how do I use this. then after you show them they will switch away because it's to much work.
    Area51.mn VPS, Dedicated & Colocated Servers.
    Area51 Computers Custom Servers & Gaming Systems. (Since 1998)
    NetAffect Email & Web Hosting Services. (Since 1996)
    Quality Systems & Service Since 1996

Well - I agree, but lets give it a try and see, I will not be switching all the client over in one go. Going to beta-test it for a while with a select few clients.

Heluna seems good, but they dont have 24/7 support